Zone1 Atheism Has No Basis for the Idea of Good or Evil, Just or Unjust

It doesn't. If you say it does, what is your basis? How do you logically reason something is good or evil? Where does your hypothesis begin, end, get started? Please do enlighten us.
Unfortunatey, you are brainwashed, and unable to recognize reality. Believe what you will. You are beyond reach for rational discussion.

I am an atheist. And good and evil are not subjective. Murder is evil. Rape is evil. Child abuse is evil. I do not need a religion to see this.
Sure they are subjective. You may cheat on your taxes or take a pen from a bank and think nothing of it. Or you may get into financial trouble and decide it’s ok to take a few things. I’m not saying all atheists are murderers.

That's not a basis. Are you advocating for or against genocide as your basis? Also, what is your entire doctrine behind your pro or con on genocide?
I asked first, thanks for dodging, showing your morals, but I am definitely against genocide when a cure is just as readily available.

Will you be for Armageddon or against?

I am glad you found your source for morality. But that is certainly not the only source.
It’s a source that won’t change and therefore a foundation made from cement that will not crumble under the pressures of people’s flip-flopping and woke garbage. Yours is built on sand and will shift and move based on the whims of others. You will be tossed to and fro.

I disagree. I know many good, moral people who don't believe in the "God of Abraham".
The good people who align with Jesus Christ are influenced by the Light of Christ in their conscience. My foundation says they who had not the ability to receive the true Gospel of Christ in this life will in the spirit world awaiting the judgment and resurrection.

Unfortunatey, you are brainwashed, and unable to recognize reality. Believe what you will. You are beyond reach for rational discussion.
You are saying I’m right. You have nothing and cannot answer because you have no basis or foundation for your current beliefs.

Your source is how you feel at the moment.
So is yours. Are you not familiar with the concept of losing faith?

That's what bothers me about your pronouncement. By denying that morality is an ingrained trait of humanity, by claiming that only religion - indeed, your religion - can provide us with morality, you give yourself permission to see anyone who doesn't share your religious views as evil, or at best amoral. And, if you lose your religious faith you give yourself permission to behave as immorally as you please. That's disturbing.

eliminate all evil in the world simply by thought
Compare that to inquisitions and jihads.

Early Christians ot the type Constantine bought along with the church, could not explain their supernatural take and thus turned to pure evil and violence against those with better explanations, like Gnostic Christians.

I have been an atheist for many years. My basis for good and evil is simple. Is someone harmed by it? Yes? It is evil.
Is helping someone providing a better life for them (even for a short time)? Yes? It is good.
Every time we compete in anything, we create a loser who will see his lose as evil. In our hierarchical evolution, we must do sin via competition to survive. No?
How else would we select our best and brightest to follow?

Forum List

Back