Atheism dying out worldwide

Atheism could eventually die out says US researchers | Daily Mail Online

According to this article and others, it is atheism, rather than "religion" as so ambiguously defined which seems to be dying out worldwide; thoughts on this?

As a worldview, atheism is worthless and nilhistic, so it has nought but to die, if to do anything at all, as far as I've been able to see.
Actually, it is Christianity that is disappearing

It is practiced in Europe only by the elderly
In the US, church attendance by the young is dwindling and Christianity is being reduced to certain regions

It is pretty amazing how much the underground church has grown in China, in a phenomenal way.
Same for Islam. And Buddhism.

lol. Did you just pull that out of thin air, or what? I haven't heard any recent numbers but many years ago, I heard that 35,000 Chinese were coming to Christ per day, IIRC.

I do find it interesting, btw, that you even felt the need to bring up Islam and Buddhism. Interesting and telling.

Atheism could eventually die out says US researchers | Daily Mail Online

According to this article and others, it is atheism, rather than "religion" as so ambiguously defined which seems to be dying out worldwide; thoughts on this?

As a worldview, atheism is worthless and nilhistic, so it has nought but to die, if to do anything at all, as far as I've been able to see.

Absolutely. Atheism will die out. I'm convinced of that, just from looking at China and Russia.

Both countries had atheism as a national policy for decades, and yet the moment the policy was repealed, both countries are now with growing religious faiths. In Russia, where brutal atheism was enforced, now barely 12 of Russians are Atheists. Even in China where 70% are 'non-religious', that is actually misleading, since non-religious include hundreds of millions of people who practice local folk-religions.

So the reality is, even in the most entrenched groups of Atheistic thinking.... very few, very few at all, are actually Atheist.
Right, humans have a tendency to believe utter nonsense.

Yes, and every person who believes in utter nonsense at that time... says everyone else is believing utter nonsense.
If you are not sure how that applies to you and your posts... don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Christianity is now a secondary religion to Islam

Sooner or later the religion that gets their followers to have the most litters will win.

In U.S., Decline of Christianity Continues at Rapid Pace

The religious landscape of the United States continues to change at a rapid clip. In Pew Research Center telephone surveys conducted in 2018 and 2019, 65% of American adults describe themselves as Christians when asked about their religion, down 12 percentage points over the past decade. Meanwhile, the religiously unaffiliated share of the population, consisting of people who describe their religious identity as atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular,” now stands at 26%, up from 17% in 2009.

Both Protestantism and Catholicism are experiencing losses of population share. Currently, 43% of U.S. adults identify with Protestantism, down from 51% in 2009. And one-in-five adults (20%) are Catholic, down from 23% in 2009.

Meanwhile, all subsets of the religiously unaffiliated population – a group also known as religious “nones” – have seen their numbers swell. Self-described atheists now account for 4% of U.S. adults, up modestly but significantly from 2% in 2009; agnostics make up 5% of U.S. adults, up from 3% a decade ago; and 17% of Americans now describe their religion as “nothing in particular,” up from 12% in 2009. Members of non-Christian religions also have grown modestly as a share of the adult population.

Did you just pull that out of thin air, or what? I
No, it's a fact.

The State of Religion in China

You "read somewhere", eh? Looks like you're the one pulling stiff out of his ass.

The CFR?? :laugh: Not that I would trust anything from the CFR without verifying it through other sources first, but unless I completely missed it, that article mainly talked about the existence of different religions, and the overall number of adherents. I didn't see anything about growth rates, which is what we were talking about. Again, maybe I missed it. It did say "Since the 1980s, China has seen a significant growth in Christianity." which backs up my point, but I didn't see much about the growth rate of Islam or Buddhism, and certainly not anything about it being phenomenal.

How many people die convinced they will end up nowhere?

How many people die convinced they will end up somewhere?
Most people can't even say what they "are" to begin with. and said arguments are generally contradictory.

As an example, when a person's body dies, nothing is "created or destroyed" materially speaking, the atoms or molecules are simply arranged into a different forum. So given that no matter or energy was created or destroyed to begin with, how can "they" be said to be gone?

The fact that they're even asserting this to begin with is proof that they're acknowledging that what makes them "them" to begin with is not reducible solely to the matter and energy which composes their physical forum, as it is not "gone" in any sense when they die.

Much as other questions, such as what makes their body or their "brain", or whatever "theirs" to begin with - implying that it's an ownership of the thing, rather than them being directly conflatable with the thing itself.

Likewise, the statement that when you die, existence ends is silly, as this would be solipsism; if "existence" ends, when you die, then this not only means that you cease to exist, but that everyone else does as well.

If you counter that, and assert that only you cease to exist, but not everyone else, how would you be able to know this if you do not exist? Hence why this strain of thought would easily degenerate into solipsism, epistemological nihilism, or some other absurdist strain of thought.

Last edited:

Most people can't even say what they "are" to begin with. and said arguments are generally contradictory.

As an example, when a person's body dies, nothing is "created or destroyed" materially speaking, the atoms or molecules are simply arranged into a different forum. So given that no matter or energy was created or destroyed to begin with, how can "they" be said to be gone?

The fact that they're even asserting this to begin with is proof that they're acknowledging that what makes them "them" to begin with is not reducible solely to the matter and energy which composes their physical forum, as it is not "gone" in any sense when they die.

Much as other questions, such as what makes their body or their "brain", or whatever "theirs" to begin with - implying that it's an ownership of the thing, rather than them being directly conflatable with the thing itself.

Likewise, the statement that when you die, existence ends is silly, as this would be solipsism; if "existence" ends, when you die, then this not only means that you cease to exist, but that everyone else does as well.

If you counter that, and assert that only you cease to exist, but not everyone else, how would you be able to know this if you do not exist? Hence why this strain of thought would easily degenerate into solipsism, epistemological nihilism, or some other absurdist strain of thought.

I hope you wait at least 30 minutes after you eat before you wade into those waters. You could get a cramp in your brain. It would be great if there was a completely different existence after life, as we know it ends, but I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that is the case.

Atheism will always exist

Some people just don’t believe the stories being sold by the religious

physiology is a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth and disappears when its spiritual content is removed - when the life form is "gone". to somewhere else.

Forum List

Back