Atheism dying out worldwide

Atheism could eventually die out says US researchers | Daily Mail Online

According to this article and others, it is atheism, rather than "religion" as so ambiguously defined which seems to be dying out worldwide; thoughts on this?

As a worldview, atheism is worthless and nilhistic, so it has nought but to die, if to do anything at all, as far as I've been able to see.
It sure doesn't seem to be dying out here in the US. There appear to be more and more of these heathens popping up. I blame this mostly on our biased mainstream media, which has been attacking Christians for a least a few years now. Dreadful.

According to this article and others, it is atheism, rather than "religion" as so ambiguously defined which seems to be dying out worldwide; thoughts on this?

As a worldview, atheism is worthless and nilhistic, so it has nought but to die, if to do anything at all, as far as I've been able to see.
It sure doesn't seem to be dying out here in the US. There appear to be more and more of these heathens popping up. I blame this mostly on our biased mainstream media, which has been attacking Christians for a least a few years now. Dreadful.
Nobody has been attacking Christians. There has been more resistance to people claiming to be Christians who want to control others.

Somewhere along the line you religious nutters confused "not getting everything you want, exactly the way you want it" with attacks and oppression. This is embarrassing behavior, for adults.

Fort Fun Indiana serves Satan. He doesn't believe in him, of course, but he is obviously under heavy Satanic influence and does his bidding.

Nobody has been attacking Christians.

It seems commonplace in some parts of the mid-east and Africa. How can you say "nobody" is attacking them?

Thank you for the correction. Religious nuts who don't share the same crazy religion are fighting among themselves as they always have. Atheists are not involved in that. Here in the US, Atheists are defending their right not to participate in religious dogma more than they have in the past, but only an idiot could consider that an attack in any way.

so what happens to christians when their book all of a sudden disappears .... they find something new to read.

It seems commonplace in some parts of the mid-east and Africa. How can you say "nobody" is attacking them?

Thank you for the correction. Religious nuts who don't share the same crazy religion are fighting among themselves as they always have. Atheists are not involved in that. Here in the US, Atheists are defending their right not to participate in religious dogma more than they have in the past, but only an idiot could consider that an attack in any way.
What is this right to not participate? I remember reading freedom "of" religion, but I do not recall freedom "from" religion.

What is this right to not participate? I remember reading freedom "of" religion, but I do not recall freedom "from" religion.

You are free to have any religion you want, or no religion. You want a theocracy?

You are free to have any religion you want, or no religion. You want a theocracy?
It's in the Bible: Jesus said unto His followers: "Seize earthly political power, so you can lord over and dominate everyone else!"
Later on: "Jesus said "My Kingdom is part of this World, and will be established on Earth as soon as every elected office in America is held by Bible Thumping Republicans!!"

It's in the Bible: Jesus said unto His followers: "Seize earthly political power, so you can lord over and dominate everyone else!"
Later on: "Jesus said "My Kingdom is part of this World, and will be established on Earth as soon as every elected office in America is held by Bible Thumping Republicans!!"
LOL! It's funny..but there is more than a grain of truth in there. The Puritans came to America to establish a 'New Jerusalem' --and did with a brutal theocracy in Mass.--Increase and Cotton Mather ruled over the region. While there were numerous freedoms written into the Charter---there was a whole core of religious crimes--from mandatory church attendance to specifying what sort of clothes you could where..and don't even think of being Catholic or Quaker..both of which were subject to the death penalty! The theme is resilient in Christianity..despite Christ abjuring all secular power...The LDS were a Theocracy until they joined the US.
Separation of Church and State..is not an axiom held in wide regard by most evangelicals.
To many...establishing Christ's Kingdom on Earth is a core belief.

Absolutely. Atheism will die out. I'm convinced of that, just from looking at China and Russia.

Both countries had atheism as a national policy for decades, and yet the moment the policy was repealed, both countries are now with growing religious faiths. In Russia, where brutal atheism was enforced, now barely 12 of Russians are Atheists. Even in China where 70% are 'non-religious', that is actually misleading, since non-religious include hundreds of millions of people who practice local folk-religions.

So the reality is, even in the most entrenched groups of Atheistic thinking.... very few, very few at all, are actually Atheist.

Absolutely. Atheism will die out. I'm convinced of that, just from looking at China and Russia.

Both countries had atheism as a national policy for decades, and yet the moment the policy was repealed, both countries are now with growing religious faiths. In Russia, where brutal atheism was enforced, now barely 12 of Russians are Atheists. Even in China where 70% are 'non-religious', that is actually misleading, since non-religious include hundreds of millions of people who practice local folk-religions.

So the reality is, even in the most entrenched groups of Atheistic thinking.... very few, very few at all, are actually Atheist.
Right, humans have a tendency to believe utter nonsense.

It is pretty amazing how much the underground church has grown in China, in a phenomenal way.

The need for bibles, bible teachers and experienced pastors is huge in places like China.

Which btw reminds me of this video....

Forum List

Back