At least T. Rex made it in to the R&R HOF

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I won't argue that the entire thing isn't a joke with many that should be in are not in and many in that shouldn't be in are in.

Whitney Houston over Pet Benatar? Maybe you think neither should but Benatar most certainly before Houston.

That said it's long overdue for Marc Bolan and T. Rex. Hev was a major influence on Bowie, Mott the Hoople and many others all while having a long string of hits of his own in the 70's.

I am rather surprised that Whitney wasn't already there.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. "How Will I Know", "I Have Nothing", and "Queen Of The Night" are my Whitney favorites.

In the latter part of the 70s Marc had stopped having hits but was still a big name. He had his own show on ITV which was on at tea time for the kids. He was the first one to tap into the growing punk scene and gave many young acts a break.A great man and a huge loss.

They have absolutely no excuse for not giving these groups a place in the R&R HOF:

Devo
The Fixx
Tower of Power
War
Three Dog Night

I don't feel as strongly about Carole King, but she should really be there too.

I won't argue that the entire thing isn't a joke with many that should be in are not in and many in that shouldn't be in are in.

Whitney Houston over Pet Benatar? Maybe you think neither should but Benatar most certainly before Houston.

That said it's long overdue for Marc Bolan and T. Rex. Hev was a major influence on Bowie, Mott the Hoople and many others all while having a long string of hits of his own in the 70's.

It WAS nice to see T. Rex as one of this year's inductees. They weren't that big here in the US, but they were huge in the UK. It's also nice to see the Doobie Brothers make it. I saw them in concert in 1978 and 1980, they were very good live.

They have absolutely no excuse for not giving these groups a place in the R&R HOF:

Devo
The Fixx
Tower of Power
War
Three Dog Night

I don't feel as strongly about Carole King, but she should really be there too.
Also longtime progressive rock groups King Crimson and Jethro Tull should definitely be in the Hall. As well as Emerson, Lake and Palmer. The Hall unfortunately doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of prog rock. And that's a shame.

I am rather surprised that Whitney wasn't already there.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. "How Will I Know", "I Have Nothing", and "Queen Of The Night" are my Whitney favorites.
I think she would have been around 59 this year. :cry:

I like those and I Learned From The Best, I Wanna Dance with Somebody, Heartbreak Hotel, Where Do Broken Hearts Go ?, and Didn't We Almost Have It All ?...

Last edited:

Whitney Houston over Pat Benatar? Maybe you think neither should but Benatar most certainly before Houston.

Pat Benatar, Mott the Hoople, Carole King,
Jethro Tull, Bad Company, Steve Winwood, Eurythmics, and last but not least
without Motörhead , Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, there would be no Metallica....no way they should have gotten in ahead of them.

other bands who should be considered but are not....
America
Blood Sweat and Tears
Blue Oyster Cult
Canned Heat
Dick Dale
Foghat
Foreigner
The Guess Who
Grand Funk Railroad
Johnny Winter
The J. Geils Band
Love
The Monkees
Procol Harum
Quicksilver Messenger Service
Rory Gallagher
Rainbow
Savoy Brown
Status Quo
Spirit
Steppenwolf
Supertramp
The Scorpions
The Turtles
Tommy James & the Shondells
Ten Years After
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Wishbone Ash

The Rock HOF is a big F joke half the damned time. The best ones are being inducted now for chriss sakes...
Enjoy....

America
Blood Sweat and Tears
Blue Oyster Cult
Canned Heat
Dick Dale
Foghat
Foreigner
The Guess Who
Grand Funk Railroad
Johnny Winter
The J. Geils Band
Love
The Monkees
Procol Harum
Rory Gallagher
Rainbow
Savoy Brown
Status Quo
Spirit
Steppenwolf
Supertramp
The Scorpions
The Turtles
Ten Years After
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Wishbone Ash
I've seen about half of that list in concert in the 70's.

America
Blood Sweat and Tears
Blue Oyster Cult
Canned Heat
Dick Dale
Foghat
Foreigner
The Guess Who
Grand Funk Railroad
Johnny Winter
The J. Geils Band
Love
The Monkees
Procol Harum
Rory Gallagher
Rainbow
Savoy Brown
Status Quo
Spirit
Steppenwolf
Supertramp
The Scorpions
The Turtles
Ten Years After
Thin Lizzy
UFO
Wishbone Ash
I've seen about half of that list in concert in the 70's.
the election board doesnt even know who they are....

There are a lot of bands or artists that should have been in long before some that are in now but Marc Bolen/T. Rex most certainly deserved to be in.

Forum List

Back