Astronomers warn red star might explode soon next few weeks criticals

(C/NET) – Supergiant star Betelgeuse has been getting dimmer at an unprecedented pace over the past few months, leading some astronomers to wonder if it might be in the process of the collapse that precedes a supernova explosion. But there are other possible explanations, and we should have a better idea of what’s happening to the massive star by the end of the month.

Astronomers warn red star might explode soon, next few weeks critical
-----------------------------

Oh on this one don't worry they will tell you ten minutes before it kills us all ..

Hahahaha..... whew boy

Well; what are we worrying about?

Impending doom? It's already happened. Aeons ago.
Only for the 10 billion humanoids who called Betelgeuse home.

I'm starting to look at things a bit differently.

Should we be looking to the past, and not the future?

And what about "now"? Is there a now?

No now now, nay.
But someday there will be.

I've had a paradigm shift.

I've realised I'm living life backwards.

(C/NET) – Supergiant star Betelgeuse has been getting dimmer at an unprecedented pace over the past few months, leading some astronomers to wonder if it might be in the process of the collapse that precedes a supernova explosion. But there are other possible explanations, and we should have a better idea of what’s happening to the massive star by the end of the month.

Oh on this one don't worry they will tell you ten minutes before it kills us all ..
It's just a hoax by scientists to get money....just like all that climate stuff...

Only God and men of God can predict such things ...not satanic scientists
You are most right when you're being sarcastic. On your own, you're always wrong.

It's time to propose new tax that will save us from it.

No now now, nay.

If your only moving backwards try to avoid gay pride parades... unless that is your thing. "Not that there is anything wrong with that."

Funny how the video clip actually ties this all together with this thread and MindWars...

No now now, nay.

As my old car bumper sticker used to say, "Subvert the Dominant Paradigm!"

It's time to propose new tax that will save us from it.

Windmills......we need lots of windmills.

For those wanting to take a look at Beetlejuice it's in the constellation Orion and marks Orion's right shoulder, that's to your left. Rigel the bright white star, is Orions left foot.

BTW Orion is visible in the sky in both northern and southern hemispheres. This is because Orion is somewhat lower in the sky and earth's spin axis is tilted.

Last edited:

Relaaaaax Francis. Betelgeuse is a LOOOOOOOONG ways away. We will get a pretty light show. I would love to see that before my time here runs out.

Relaaaaax Francis. Betelgeuse is a LOOOOOOOONG ways away. We will get a pretty light show. I would love to see that before my time here runs out.
Supposedly it may even be visible in the daytime

if you think that star will kill us if it explodes then you are either a trump voter or trump

nobody else could be THAT stupid.

It should be. It will be every bit as large as the explosion that created the Crab Nebula.

if you think that star will kill us if it explodes then you are either a trump voter or trump

who the hell said I said that or think that dumb ass.

It's too far away.

642 light years away

If our star explodes it will kill us all. And you're insinuating she's stupid? lol.

If our star explodes it will kill us all. And you're insinuating she's stupid? lol.
:11_2_1043:

Forum List

Back