Ask a Catholic

I hope you're not attempting to treat Catholicism as some supreme Religion above any of the fraudulent con men out there.
I was born into a family that included atheists. I married an atheist. Extended family included Buddhists and non-Catholic Christians. One of my best friends is LDS. I am helping my daughter study Judaism.

Feel free to jump to the conclusion that I chose Catholicism over all these because it is the greatest of all cons. ;)

Don't be so bold or stupid to protect them because you think they are perfect.
Every stinking filthy religion is the same.
One of the first things I learned in Catholic school is that the Church is not perfect--that if Jesus visited he would tell some of our religious leaders what he told some of the religious leaders in his own day. We were told we are not perfect--we work to become perfect.

The way that is done, Colin, is to focus on living the teachings instead of the people. I struggled with the challenge of living the Beatitudes. They are not easy, but I discovered amazing results when putting them to work in my own life which is one of the most ordinary and simply of human lives.

Reading your posts, I am guessing that someone in your religious upbringing deserves the millstone around his/her neck about which Jesus warned.

Atheists have as few abortions as Catholics because they, too, value life. Many believe this is the only chance to live humans have.

Jan 22, 2021 — An estimated 62 million abortions have occurred since Roe v. Wade decision in 1973.
Jan 22, 2021 — An estimated 62 million abortions have occurred since Roe v. Wade decision in 1973.

that's not true ... there is a reason abortion is referred to as family planning and is utilized by everyone that are not self indulging religious fanatics and political opportunists.

that's not true ... there is a reason abortion is referred to as family planning and is utilized by everyone that are not self indulging religious fanatics and political opportunists.
Margaret Sanger didn't think so. She believed abortion was wrong which is why she did not allow them in her clinic and she is the mother of family planning.

Margaret Sanger didn't think so. She believed abortion was wrong which is why she did not allow them in her clinic and she is the mother of family planning.

- and that has what to do with family planning - there are plenty for and against, even those with vasectomy's criticize women and their reproductive rights ... misogyny has always been a prevalent condition for the desert religions - not the liberation theology, self determination of the 1st century.

- and that has what to do with family planning - there are plenty for and against, even those with vasectomy's criticize women and their reproductive rights ... misogyny has always been a prevalent condition for the desert religions - not the liberation theology, self determination of the 1st century.
She is recognized as the founder of family planning so her opinion should carry weight.

Margaret Sanger believed abortion is an abomination because abortion ends a human life. That's bad.

One of the first things I learned in Catholic school is that the Church is not perfect--that if Jesus visited he would tell some of our religious leaders what he told some of the religious leaders in his own day. We were told we are not perfect--we work to become perfect.

The way that is done, Colin, is to focus on living the teachings instead of the people. I struggled with the challenge of living the Beatitudes. They are not easy, but I discovered amazing results when putting them to work in my own life which is one of the most ordinary and simply of human lives.

Reading your posts, I am guessing that someone in your religious upbringing deserves the millstone around his/her neck about which Jesus warned.
My problem is I hate all religions for the same reason. Every one is as complete lie. You quote God and Jesus etc as if it is fact. You suggest you are speaking on his behalf.
The arrogance of you godbotherers to think you have a right to tell others how to run their lives. You are now suggesting you know my.punishment for not believing yet you have no evidence your silly God even exists. I know he doesn't because if he did you would show it. Faith does not equate to fact and never will. You are just another delusional godbotherer.
Don't bother replying with your mealy mouthed religious shit. It won't wash with me. Keep your religious garbage to yourself and stop teaching it to children as if it is fact.

They don't. Why do families and schools hide them?
Catholics regularly transfer paedophiles into different communities to continue their filthy habits.
It all stems from not wanting to admit the whole system is a magnet for paedophile and has been for 1500 years. The church doesn't want bad publicity. The believers say nothing thinking it might ruin their chance to get to heaven. The rape of children is a price they willing pay for eternity, so they think.
If there was such a merciful god, why wouldn't he stop it?
There is no bloody God. That's why.

You are now suggesting you know my.punishment for not believing
I am suggesting no such thing--nor have I ever to anyone. I am saying--based on my own experience--that the way Jesus taught works in this life. My belief is that the afterlife will take care of itself. For everyone. My challenge has always been present day life--and Jesus' teachings have been my guide through these challenges.

The atheists in my life don't want this guide--and for the most part don't seem to need it. Jesus said he didn't come for those who have no need of God. He said he came for the lost. I was one of the lost, and I am grateful for his teaching. If you don't need these teachings, good for you. As for me, I have reason to be thankful for them.

The arrogance of you godbotherers to think you have a right to tell others how to run their lives.
I am not--and have never--told anyone how to run their lives. Here, I have offered what has worked for me--in my own life. It has never been offered with the intent that what works for me is a one size fits all.

I am suggesting no such thing--nor have I ever to anyone. I am saying--based on my own experience--that the way Jesus taught works in this life. My belief is that the afterlife will take care of itself. For everyone. My challenge has always been present day life--and Jesus' teachings have been my guide through these challenges.

The atheists in my life don't want this guide--and for the most part don't seem to need it. Jesus said he didn't come for those who have no need of God. He said he came for the lost. I was one of the lost, and I am grateful for his teaching. If you don't need these teachings, good for you. As for me, I have reason to be thankful for them.

there is no record by them what they believed - the reference being made is - the state religion of the roman empire - those that crucified the 1st century itinerant 400 years before writing their book, c bible. without a single document written in the hand of the person they are writing about.

the 1st century events were a period of liberation theology, self determination for which the main character of the c bible was only one of many that perished for what they believed in.

there is no record by them what they believed - the reference being made is - the state religion of the roman empire - those that crucified the 1st century itinerant 400 years before writing their book, c bible. without a single document written in the hand of the person they are writing about.

the 1st century events were a period of liberation theology, self determination for which the main character of the c bible was only one of many that perished for what they believed in.
I'm pretty sure she has you on ignore.

I'm pretty sure she has you on ignore.
That is our job, our responsibility.

sure, that's a trait of the 4th century, the reason for their forgeries and fallacies to begin with - the one they - crucified. as a primary example.

and surly christian, the bearing those events, c bible, had on roman society during that time, the 1st century.

sure, that's a trait of the 4th century, the reason for their forgeries and fallacies to begin with - the one they - crucified. as a primary example.

and surly christian, the bearing those events, c bible, had on roman society during that time, the 1st century.
No. It's a natural defense mechanism against unwarranted attacks.

I am an example of someone who doesn't like internet bullies which is what you are.

no, you are someone who does not respond when they disagree with what is stated ... you are not alone christian, in fact that's what makes you a christian.

Forum List

Back