Ashlee Simpson falls flat again - LOL

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
http://www.local10.com/entertainment/4048912/detail.html

MIAMI --

Ashlee Simpson's Orange Bowl halftime performance ended with the screeching line, "You make me want to scream," but all the crowd wanted to do was boo.

Simpson's performance topped off a halftime act that featured American Idol Kelly Clarkson, country star Trace Atkins and a host of technical problems.

Simpson, the act's finale, fell flat in front of the 72,000-plus Orange Bowl crowd. The camera zoomed in on Simpson's face just as the boos started raining down then quickly cut away.

The technical problems were a whopping disaster too---even Clarkson sounded horrible----can the FCC fine ya for shitty music???

Ashlee Simpson should just hang it up, really. She can't sing live, even with all the voice enhancment that they're surely giving her.

Kelly Clarkson, on the other hand, really can sing. I don't know what it is about her, but I honestly respect her a lot more than the rest of the pop singer crowd. I have actually liked 2 of her songs, though I couldn't sing a note of them, they're sorta forgettable but entertaining. But, yeah, she can sing.

Now that Christina Aguilera's quit whoring it up quite so much, I kinda respect her a little, too. She's a good singer, and if nothing else, she's doing it her way. But right now, all the Britneys, the Hilarys, the Lindsays (Lindsay the singer, Lindsay the actress can stay because Mean Girls was funny), and the Ashlees need to say goodbye. Because we all know they can't sing it. Zing!

<end of rant>

Hee, Hee!

This is one that only got famous because her sister can sing.

But heck it is entertaining to watch her career crash down around her ears. I think if she keeps going she will end up paying her fans after losing a class-action lawsuit.

Ashlee does appear to be having some problems!! :) I do like Jessica though. I feel kind of bad for her because everyone makes fun of her,but I think she does have some talent. I hope her and Nick can work things out. He comes form a very nice family here in Cincy. I went to grade school with him until they moved. He was a very nice kid. He is a year younger than me,but one year we were in a combined 5th and 6th grade class together. His younger brother plays soccer with my nephew and his dad and stepmom are always at the games-they are just like the rest of us,you would never guess they have a celebrity son!!!

ashlee is doing the same thing kelly osbourne is doing. riding the coat tails of relitives to money. and failing. how long is it going to be before we see britney spears sister from nickelodean (sp?) grab up a mic and get a record?

-Cp said:
http://www.local10.com/entertainment/4048912/detail.html

MIAMI --

Ashlee Simpson's Orange Bowl halftime performance ended with the screeching line, "You make me want to scream," but all the crowd wanted to do was boo.

Simpson's performance topped off a halftime act that featured American Idol Kelly Clarkson, country star Trace Atkins and a host of technical problems.

Simpson, the act's finale, fell flat in front of the 72,000-plus Orange Bowl crowd. The camera zoomed in on Simpson's face just as the boos started raining down then quickly cut away.

I was watching that game, and I could not believe what I was hearing! she was awful, she sounded like a five year old plucked off the street.

Forum List

Back