As war rages, Syria sets up a space agency

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Maybe Assad is jealous that India and China also have their own space agencies so now he wants one too.

State news agency SANA said the cabinet had approved a project to create the so-called Syrian Space Agency.

By Staff writer
Al Arabiya News
Wednesday, 19 March 2014

After three years of brutal violence in Syria, many have expected the regime to take a “time out” from the civil war to focus on the country’s more pressing needs.

But a recent move has shocked many and yet again thrown into question the government’s priorities.

The Syrian state news agency announced on Tuesday that a national “space agency” will be established to conduct scientific research.

The statement said the cabinet had approved a project to create the so-called Syrian Space Agency, “with the goal of using space technology for exploration and observing the earth” and that it hopes to employ such technology “in the service of development.”

Continue reading at:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...a-launches-space-agency-project-amid-war.html

Maybe Assad is jealous that India and China also have their own space agencies so now he wants one too.

State news agency SANA said the cabinet had approved a project to create the so-called Syrian Space Agency.

By Staff writer
Al Arabiya News
Wednesday, 19 March 2014

After three years of brutal violence in Syria, many have expected the regime to take a “time out” from the civil war to focus on the country’s more pressing needs.

But a recent move has shocked many and yet again thrown into question the government’s priorities.

The Syrian state news agency announced on Tuesday that a national “space agency” will be established to conduct scientific research.

The statement said the cabinet had approved a project to create the so-called Syrian Space Agency, “with the goal of using space technology for exploration and observing the earth” and that it hopes to employ such technology “in the service of development.”

Continue reading at:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...a-launches-space-agency-project-amid-war.html

What a wonderful idea. ...I know that when I think of space-based research my mind instantly goes to Syria. :)

Forum List

Back