As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

And, not surprisingly, no one can justify this outrageous flaw in the study.

The study also shows that those minimum wage jobs were replaced with higher-paying jobs.

Seattle's unemployment is nearly a full point lower in 2017 than it was in 2015 when the MW hike first took effect.

sbr061317dAPR20170613124524.jpg

Raising wages reduces low wage jobs.

This and other headlines from the Department of Obvious.

So why are Conservatives supporting low-paying jobs anyway?

Stupid Republicans, I'm tired of your shit. Only an idiot thinks higher costs impacts stuff. A higher wage gives people more money.

Wrong.

Here you go, hope this helps your understanding of economics.

Microeconomics | Economics and finance | Khan Academy

Nope. If I pay you more money, it means I have more money to pay someone else. Plus I can charge less for stuff. Everyone wins.

Talk about an idiot..only if you pay your workers more

Small businesses are always the hardest hit by crazy liberal policies.

No they're not. They're hardest hit by Conservative policies that reduce revenues, reduce growth, and kill jobs. Like what happened in Kansas.

Higher minimum wage naturally would cause more businesses to move to Seattle which then would cause a spike in more jobs.
Up is down, can't you see that?

Higher minimum wage naturally would cause more businesses to move to Seattle which then would cause a spike in more jobs.Up is down, can't you see that?

Seattle's unemployment rate is nearly a full point lower than it was when the MW increase started.

Then why do we keep raising MW moron?.

We haven't. The Federal MW hasn't been raised since 2008. 13 states + DC raised their MW in 2014 and those 13 states + DC saw faster job growth than the states that didn't. So the Conservative dogma that raising the MW kills jobs is demonstrably false. So since it's false, why are you still making that argument?

The MW is rising. They'll feel the hit.

They'll also see an increase in revenues because of increased consumption that comes from increased wages.
1. Would any hypothetical increase match the doubling in labor costs? Give us real life percentages.

2. Why do you assume people who have lost their jobs because their labor price went up are going to continue eating out at the same rate?

Still want to ignore New York state , Right?

What about New York? You are going to screech about the business tax cut? Let me stop you before you even type it out; that tax cut only went to businesses that set up shop on or next to state universities, and had to employ a certain % of workers from the surrounding area. That's a world of difference compared to just the stupid, blind tax cuts Conservatives support.

This is classic liberal logic, FORCE their half baked ideas on the people and assume their won't be any negative consequences. Of course this always blows up in their face so liberals will now defend their failure by stating they care and deflect with some 'hate the rich' talking points. Liberals, possibly the dumbest people on planet Earth.

A rise in the price of beef and plastic will impact hiring and jobs in all businesses as well. Then the cost is absorbed over time and hiring goes back to normal. The same with the cost of labor, it is just another commodity like beef or electricity. Cost goes up, companies become cautious and restrain spending, costs are absorbed over time and companies relax their spending.

Conservatives seem to not view labor as a cost of business. They view it as slaves doing what they are told and grovelling for the scraps they get. A viewpoint that fits well, in 1834.

1. Would any hypothetical increase match the doubling in labor costs? Give us real life percentages.

You want me to give you real-life percentages in a hypothetical? How is that supposed to work? Do you even understand the logical fallacy you are trying to argue? Do you know how it's a logical fallacy? There is no magic formula that translates increased wages to increased revenues, but if you're increasing wages, you are increasing spending, which increases demand, which increases labor, which increases wages.

2. Why do you assume people who have lost their jobs because their labor price went up are going to continue eating out at the same rate?

So right away, you are working from the false premise that raising the MW kills jobs. IT DOESN'T. We have empirical data from 2014 from 13 states, as well as the Seattle minimum wage hike that started in 2015. In all cases, unemployment didn't go up, and the rate of job growth was faster than states that didn't raise their MW. So I'm wondering why you continue to argue dogma and ignore the empirical evidence?

Snowflakes must sleep through their economics classes.

If there is a forced wage increase without a commensurate increase in revenue, jobs and/or hours will be cut.

Here you go, snowflakes, from your bible.

How a Rising Minimum Wage Affects Jobs in Seattle

Since when did you start believing NYT's?
The article really didn't come to any conclusion and if you had read it from beginning to end you would have seen this:

Angela Stowell, an owner and the chief executive of Ethan Stowell Restaurants, which has about 300 employees in 14 restaurants around the city, said it was too early to judge the effect of the minimum-wage law because it was still being phased in. But she said the chain had not reduced hiring because of the higher employee costs, though it has increased some menu prices and instituted a 20 percent service fee.

“Of the 20 restaurateurs I am close friends with in Seattle,” she said, “none have told me they are hiring fewer staff due to the increased minimum wage.”

The article cited 2 studies. I don't know what you are talking about.

Here is a link to one of the actual studies. Tell me, specifically what conclusion they are drawing after you read his study.

The Minimum Wage Study

Also, one more article interpreting the study from WAPO...but I know the source study is what you really want.

I thought Libs liked NYT and WAPO.....apparently Libs think all news is fake news...unless it's bad news about conservatives.

Analysis | A ‘very credible’ new study on Seattle’s $15 minimum wage has bad news for liberals

Forum List

Back