As an existential necessity, the GOP needs to eviscerate higher education.

They also confuse education with intelligence

Intelligence is the application of knowledge. How you use what you know. We have a lot of history, human history, where there wasn’t enough knowledge to make intelligence possible.

A number of examples of superstition superseded by knowledge exist. But I think I’ll use this one.

Farmers and Ranchers believed that a cow would be sick if the horn was hollow. A horn wasn’t supposed to be hollow in their beliefs. It took science and knowledge to stop this intelligence from continuing. Now no farmer or rancher would be so foolish as to believe such nonsense. Many shake their heads and scoff at the stupidity of their ancestors for believing such stupidity.

However, these farmers thought they were intelligent. That is the thing about it. People who don’t know are almost always those who swear they know the most. Daddy told them, Grandpa told them. They believed it as if it was Scripture.

Early Doctors believed that the Lungs were used to cool the body. They understood that the body generated heat. And the exhaled breath was hot, so therefor the heat was being expelled by the lungs. These early Doctors didn’t understand that the lungs were exchanging Oxygen for Carbon Dioxide. That knowledge didn’t come until later. Of course we know now. This simple educational fact is taught to the youngest children. So they understand that breathing is pretty important.

I could go on, and on, about how intelligence comes from knowledge and the application of that knowledge. RW idiots consider Education nonsense. They don’t believe those who study such things, who understand such things. Today of course, we are all aware of Plate Tectonics. And how these plates move and grind against each other. We understand how our world is not as solid as we would believe otherwise. How our nations and even oceans, are resting on rock floating on a sea of Magma.

Many people who just know the truth scoffed at the Geologists who proposed such a theory. Many people said it was nonsense. Now it is accepted as truth.

I wonder how much we believe today to be true, will be scoffed at in a hundred years?

Intelligence is the application of knowledge. How you use what you know. We have a lot of history, human history, where there wasn’t enough knowledge to make intelligence possible.

A number of examples of superstition superseded by knowledge exist. But I think I’ll use this one.

Farmers and Ranchers believed that a cow would be sick if the horn was hollow. A horn wasn’t supposed to be hollow in their beliefs. It took science and knowledge to stop this intelligence from continuing. Now no farmer or rancher would be so foolish as to believe such nonsense. Many shake their heads and scoff at the stupidity of their ancestors for believing such stupidity.

However, these farmers thought they were intelligent. That is the thing about it. People who don’t know are almost always those who swear they know the most. Daddy told them, Grandpa told them. They believed it as if it was Scripture.

Early Doctors believed that the Lungs were used to cool the body. They understood that the body generated heat. And the exhaled breath was hot, so therefor the heat was being expelled by the lungs. These early Doctors didn’t understand that the lungs were exchanging Oxygen for Carbon Dioxide. That knowledge didn’t come until later. Of course we know now. This simple educational fact is taught to the youngest children. So they understand that breathing is pretty important.

I could go on, and on, about how intelligence comes from knowledge and the application of that knowledge. RW idiots consider Education nonsense. They don’t believe those who study such things, who understand such things. Today of course, we are all aware of Plate Tectonics. And how these plates move and grind against each other. We understand how our world is not as solid as we would believe otherwise. How our nations and even oceans, are resting on rock floating on a sea of Magma.

Many people who just know the truth scoffed at the Geologists who proposed such a theory. Many people said it was nonsense. Now it is accepted as truth.

I wonder how much we believe today to be true, will be scoffed at in a hundred years?

Except the "knowledge" democrats think is important really isn't.

It does not matter if a man thinks he is a woman
I does not matter if a person is homosexual or not

And democrats seem to think that education can only be obtained via government run schools.

One of the most intelligent men I ever met never even went to high school but he was a life long autodidact.

And democrats seem to think that education can only be obtained via government run schools.

One of the most intelligent men I ever met never even went to high school but he was a life long autodidact.

In the link I provided above. The Farmers were certain that Hollow Horn was a serious cattle disease. They were ignorant. They didn’t know. The mark of intelligence is that you can learn. You can acquire and apply new knowledge.

I wonder how many of them left that hall after getting the truth and thought that smart fella was full of shit?

Some folks think that the State should impose identity upon Americans rather than respect an individual's self awareness in accordance with accepted medical science.

No Democrat of whom I am aware ever expressed the notion that "education can only be obtained in government run schools."

The data I provided regarding the best-educated states does not distinguish between public and private institutions of higher learning.

There is no indication less academic achievement benefits the individual, his family, his community, or the nation.

Better-educated states are generally more prosperous, healthier, and safer.

That's the way it is.

If you have conflicting data, provide it.

In the link I provided above. The Farmers were certain that Hollow Horn was a serious cattle disease. They were ignorant. They didn’t know. The mark of intelligence is that you can learn. You can acquire and apply new knowledge.

I wonder how many of them left that hall after getting the truth and thought that smart fella was full of shit?

Anyone can learn.

You don't have to attend a government school to do so.

Some folks think that the State should impose identity upon Americans rather than respect an individual's self awareness in accordance with accepted medical science.

No Democrat of whom I am aware ever expressed the notion that "education can only be obtained in government run schools."

The data I provided regarding the best-educated states does not distinguish between public and private institutions of higher learning.

There is no indication less academic achievement benefits the individual, his family, his community, or the nation.

Better-educated states are generally more prosperous, healthier, and safer.

That's the way it is.

If you have conflicting data, provide it.

No they only whine about "banned" books that aren't really banned because they think that the only place to get books is government funded schools.

And where did I make any claims about any states?

One does not have to attend school to be educated.

As i said the smartest man I ever knew never went to high school but he was a life long learner and autodidact

Anyone can learn.

You don't have to attend a government school to do so.

No. But there must be certain standards even for non government schools. There must be a foundation of knowledge for the person hoping to enter the world.

The people need a basic foundation of mathematics, reading, writing, science, and basic health information. How the plumbing works.

Without that knowledge the person is left to fill in the blanks with superstition. Much like our Cow Farmers explaining hollow horns with a dread disease.

Now sometimes this superstition lands upon a solution that works. An example is the Biblical manner in dealing with disease. From a science standpoint. Quarantine is extremely effective in halting the spread of disease. Even when we didn’t know how disease was spread. We had no knowledge of bacteria or viruses. We had no understanding of what is today basic biology. We understood that it was spread through contact.

Curiously that same old standard was eschewed by the same types we are talking about. Social Distancing was quarantine applied to the general public. And it is the same people you credit with superior intelligence who eschewed this old manner of dealing with disease. The ones who you say are more intelligent without government education. I personally think their schools did not teach them how diseases spread during health class. If only they had even basic knowledge to use that superior intelligence.

But alas. Thankfully many of them died. This prevents them from spreading such misinformation and “intelligence” to others.

Because much in life is a game of bet your life. And if you put your chips in the wrong pile, you could pay the ultimate price.

Glad to see Ivermectin worked out for him. Glad to see that his superior knowledge and intelligence was silenced by Karma.

No they only whine about "banned" books that aren't really banned because they think that the only place to get books is government funded schools.
If you support politicians' banning books in schools and libraries, you wouldn't be the first.

Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 10.10.56 AM.png

One does not have to attend school to be educated.
That in no way refutes the empirical data that confirms the value of academic attainment

As i said the smartest man I ever knew never went to high school but he was a life long learner and autodidact
What are your qualification to make such assessments - or is just your personal opinion?

If you support male teachers placing their hands on the shoulders of 8 year old boys and guiding them gently to the relevant passages of "Gender Queer" or "This Book Is Gay", you wouldn't be the first, either.
You can't actually document the lies you parrot, can you?

I'm tending to go with Giuliani as the biggest trump loser.

Screen Shot 2023-07-27 at 10.20.24 AM.png

No. But there must be certain standards even for non government schools. There must be a foundation of knowledge for the person hoping to enter the world.

The people need a basic foundation of mathematics, reading, writing, science, and basic health information. How the plumbing works.

Without that knowledge the person is left to fill in the blanks with superstition. Much like our Cow Farmers explaining hollow horns with a dread disease.

Now sometimes this superstition lands upon a solution that works. An example is the Biblical manner in dealing with disease. From a science standpoint. Quarantine is extremely effective in halting the spread of disease. Even when we didn’t know how disease was spread. We had no knowledge of bacteria or viruses. We had no understanding of what is today basic biology. We understood that it was spread through contact.

Curiously that same old standard was eschewed by the same types we are talking about. Social Distancing was quarantine applied to the general public. And it is the same people you credit with superior intelligence who eschewed this old manner of dealing with disease. The ones who you say are more intelligent without government education. I personally think their schools did not teach them how diseases spread during health class. If only they had even basic knowledge to use that superior intelligence.

But alas. Thankfully many of them died. This prevents them from spreading such misinformation and “intelligence” to others.

Because much in life is a game of bet your life. And if you put your chips in the wrong pile, you could pay the ultimate price.

Glad to see Ivermectin worked out for him. Glad to see that his superior knowledge and intelligence was silenced by Karma.
A person can obtain that knowledge outside of an institution.

You don't have to go to a school or a university to be educated.

This is the myth the democrats have propagated

This is why people are whining about books being banned even though there are actually no banned books in the USA

The myth that you have to go tens of thousands of dollars in debt to "get an education" is bollocks

If you support politicians' banning books in schools and libraries, you wouldn't be the first.

That in no way refutes the empirical data that confirms the value of academic attainment

What are your qualification to make such assessments - or is just your personal opinion?
There are no banned books in this country.

Why do you think that the only place a person can get a book is a government funded school or library?

This is why people are whining about books being banned even though there are actually no banned books in the USA

The myth that you have to go tens of thousands of dollars in debt to "get an education" is bollocks
There is a brand of conceit common to leftists that they are somehow an intellectual by very nature of their being a leftist.

This is quite the irresistable sales pitch for those like Schmidlap and Savannahman who never received any confirmation of their intelligence while actually in school.

So why is it that these people who didn’t need education eschew social distancing? Even if they were Biblical there was more than adequate precedence for it.

Yet these people believed in bleach or some other snake oil cure. They believed it was God’s will.

I’ve always wondered about people who claim their lives is part of God’s plan. What if God’s plan is merely to use you as an example for others? What if your entire life is just for a moment when a woman points to you and says to her child. “Do you see what happens when you don’t go to College?”

Or those who proclaimed Ivermectin as the miracle cure because they read it on Twitter. Those folks like the Police Captain above. I wonder if God’s plan for him was just to serve as an example that you really shouldn’t get your medical advice from internet morons.

Those morons screaming masks don’t work. If the Surgeon went to perform an operation on them or their family without a Mask they would go apocalyptically furious and sue everyone in sight.

But in the end. I figure our species is doomed either way. Either the smart people will create a Skynet to wipe us all out. Or the stupid people will spread the next bubonic plague among us while proclaiming that chewing gum is the miracle cure.

Forum List

Back