As an American do you think have a right to know.......

Should food companies have to list on the label if the product contains any GM or GMO's?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if it is radiated

• I'm not sure

• Yes absolutely and list if it has been treated with irradiation also

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
As an American do you think have a right to know what is in your food if is genetically modified or grown natural?

I believe we should have the right to know what exactly is in the food. Many of the members of our Congress evidently do not feel that away or have been bought and paid for to deny the American citizen freedom of informed choice on what they eat and feed their families.

Contact Congress | Just Label It

A dear friend once told me "I don't worry about the grains if they have some life in them. It means it is still safe for me to eat it". If the food is dead it doesn't even rot properly. How can anyone possibly think it has any value if the microbes won't even eat it? What's wrong with food irradiation?

Photo courtesy of MaryJanesFarm | About Us | Farm Life with Mary Jane Butters

carrots poster.jpg

As an American do you think have a right to know....... Should food companies have to list on the label if the product contains any GM or GMO's?

Is English your second or third language?
No just not a highly educated person such as yourself or others. Evidently my lack of formal education must bother you. General though most people get the jist of what I am trying to relate. It used to be I just hired a secretary but I don't have that option now.

If there's nothing wrong with GMOs and radiating our food, why do producers' lobbyists pay congress to keep the facts from the consumer?

If there's nothing wrong with GMOs and radiating our food, why do producers' lobbyists pay congress to keep the facts from the consumer?
They believe just stating "GMO" spooks people and that is what you are trying to do. Stop being so disingenuous. Personally I'd like to see labels, but most people will not know what the labeling means -- they'll just run scared. Be honest

They believe just stating "GMO" spooks people and that is what you are trying to do. Stop being so disingenuous. Personally I'd like to see labels, but most people will not know what the labeling means -- they'll just run scared. Be honest
but most people will not know what the labeling means
Then let the manufacturers explain it to them. We deserve to know what is in the food we purchase, label it!

Then let the manufacturers explain it to them. We deserve to know what is in the food we purchase, label it!
Don't people like you already know what food to buy and eat?

Personally I'd like to see labels, but most people will not know what the labeling means -- they'll just run scared. Be honest just stating "GMO" spooks people and that is what you are trying to do. Stop being so disingenuous.

Personally I'd like to see labels, but most people will not know what the labeling means -- they'll just run scared. Be honest just stating "GMO" spooks people and that is what you are trying to do. Stop being so disingenuous.
Why would you like to see labels then?

I personally like to know things. I would most likely eat most foods with the GMO info as I see no clear scientific consensus -- that it would harm me personally. I would be leery of feeding it to small children and young adults, but I have neither

Is that what you really think?

Lobbyist working for those chemical companies and giant food producers do seem to use that phrase a whole lot. Nothing more than an excuse to make sure people do not have a choice between picking natural food products or chemically grown foods. People are sick from what is being fed to them. One lady told me she is "sick of being sick" when I first started looking into this whole food mess 15 years ago.

If it is actually safe why have so many countries beside America banned GMO's?

Excess limits and exemptions have even been raised throughout the years in order to accomadate chemical companies, GM seed producers and large farming operators who's food has gone over the set limits. Farm Bureau even lobbied on behalf of growers of winter lettuce crops in Arizona that had excess rocket fuel residues that actually grow into the lettuce.

Allowable tolerances 2012 EPA

Title 40 protection of the enviroment
On that note I gained a little piece of information today when I went to get some fresh eggs. The people selling the eggs did not want some bread that the store had tossed. These people came here from Alaska. He told me that Fish and Game in Alaska forbids feeding bread to the wild animals. It has no food value and just bloats in their stomachs. Looks like our bureaucrats can protect the wild life but not the human's.

I personally like to know things. I would most likely eat most foods with the GMO info as I see no clear scientific consensus -- that it would harm me personally. I would be leery of feeding it to small children and young adults, but I have neither
At least people should have the right to know if they desire to read the labels.

Lobbyist working for those chemical companies and giant food producers do seem to use that phrase a whole lot. Nothing more than an excuse to make sure people do not have a choice between picking natural food products or chemically grown foods. People are sick from what is being fed to them. One lady told me she is "sick of being sick" when I first started looking into this whole food mess 15 years ago.

Excess limits and exemptions have even been raised throughout the years in order to accomadate chemical companies, GM seed producers and large farming operators who's food has gone over the set limits. Farm Bureau even lobbied on behalf of growers of winter lettuce crops in Arizona that had excess rocket fuel residues that actually grow into the lettuce.

On that note I gained a little piece of information today when I went to get some fresh eggs. The people selling the eggs did not want some bread that the store had tossed. These people came here from Alaska. He told me that Fish and Game in Alaska forbids feeding bread to the wild animals. It has no food value and just bloats in their stomachs. Looks like our bureaucrats can protect the wild life but not the human's.
When you personally attack everyone who is either ambivalent or disagrees with you you lose the arguments over GMO foods

Dante has repeated nothing that the food corps push . I simply observe theirs and yours tactics and it all stinks

that said, if you are worried about the gene pool, stop pissing in it

At least people should have the right to know if they desire to read the labels.
I would think if they are as sacred as you are they'd do their homework, but like I;ve said in recent posts, I am not against food labeling and would support it. It is your affect i object to, your sanctimonious little dick attitude

on other subjects we might be more sympatico

When you personally attack everyone who is either ambivalent or disagrees with you you lose the arguments over GMO foods

Dante has repeated nothing that the food corps push . I simply observe theirs and yours tactics and it all stinks

Giving information is an attack, :lmao:.

And I would steer clear of GMO food because there is no clear scientific consensus. How does that make me disingenuous? We are all different and have choices in life to make, how we nourish our bodies being just one. Labeling offers consumers an opportunity to get educated, they deserve at least that.

Personally I think it is more BPA and other chemical processes that are affecting the future gene pool. GMO's are more about slowly killing off nature and the people; both long term and short term.

And I would steer clear of GMO food because there is no clear scientific consensus. How does that make me disingenuous? We are all different and have choices in life to make, how we nourish our bodies being just one. Labeling offers consumers an opportunity to get educated, they deserve at least that.
Live and let live. I don't give a shit and never have, what other people eat or don't eat. Life is too short

Personally I think it is more BPA and other chemical processes that are affecting the future gene pool. GMO's are more about slowly killing off nature and the people; both long term and short term.
Human beings will adapt. We probably should as a species care, but we don't. It;s human nature

Forum List

Back