As A Black Person Why Should I Celebrate the 4th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.
That would be up to you my friend, but I will say no matter how your ancestors got here it's your country now. Enjoy your freedom to celebrate or not as you choose.

But you are also American even though your Independence was a century later. Perhaps it is still ok to celebrate the 4th.
You dont think its hypocritical to celebrate something your ancestors were denied? I could see if we all celebrated Juneteenth. Thats the real independence day when all americans were free.

I am a woman. My gender was denied equality and full independence in eyes of the law and culture.

But I am still going to enjoy the 4th. Brave women fought for the rights I now enjoy in my country. I am not going to insult them. Just my opinion.
Why do you think not celebrating the 4th is insulting someone that fought for this country? The 4th is not the same as Veterans day.

Countless black people fought for the freedom of this country, it pisses me off to see the way your sorry ass denigrates them. Idk what else to say, Thank God for real American blacks and not Asslips.
The 4th isnt Veterans Day. How is not celebrating the 4th denigrating anyone? Do you know what denigrating means?

It's denigrating black people that fought for the freedom of this country's sacrifices, dipshit. They gave it all, and here you are, being an asshat. They believed in what the Founding Fathers said, too.

My neighbor came over and asked if I was going to do fireworks today. I told her no and that I do not celebrate the 4th. She asked me why and I told her I didnt want to spoil her fun. She insisted I tell her and I eventually relented. I told her that my ancestors were still enslaved on this day even though a man that looked like me was the first to die in defense of this country.

I can give you one with certainty. be happy you aren't living in Canada.
I love Canada. Well Vancouver. Almost moved there. Still looking for some reasons I should celebrate the 4th though. So far after all these pages I have only got one response. Fun

Let me put it to you this way, ask yourself the question "what other country would I rather be in?" If you cannot come up with an honest answer that you would pack up all your shyte tomorrow to move to, than you should celebrate your liberty today and the fact you are in the best country on earth.

Or.................he could just move to Haiti or Liberia.

Could we vote on it?

Agreed. Go be black somewhere else, this day is for free Americans.
Nope. I will be Black right here no matter the results of your vote.

No one cares
FYI slavery still exist in Africa
and obama was into human trafficking of illegal children
You care. thats why youre commenting.
No, I'm just telling no one cares what you do
What I do care about is your total disregard of slavery that still exist and the human trafficking coming to America through Mexico.
Not really concerned with what youre telling me. It would be like listening to a monkey. I know they care because they display the eagerness to know.
That's so racist of you.
Its racist I dont value what you think about why people are asking me? Thats a new one.
You don't value anything or anyone unless that person has your same skin tone which makes you a racist.

That would be up to you my friend, but I will say no matter how your ancestors got here it's your country now. Enjoy your freedom to celebrate or not as you choose.
I know its up to me. That was never in doubt. What I am asking is for the board to supply some reasons that I should celebrate the 4th.

Don't.

Go to McDonald's. Get a fish sandwich.

Go home and watch reruns.

Ain't liberty grand?
Dont what? Thats not an answer to my question.

There is no question in the post to which I responded.

You care. thats why youre commenting.
What I do care about is your total disregard of slavery that still exist and the human trafficking coming to America through Mexico.
Not really concerned with what youre telling me. It would be like listening to a monkey. I know they care because they display the eagerness to know.
That's so racist of you.
Its racist I dont value what you think about why people are asking me? Thats a new one.
You don't value anything or anyone unless that person has your same skin tone which makes you a racist.
I value plenty of people and concepts. I just dont value yours. Youre nobody. Thanks for telling me why you thought I was a racist.

Don't.

Go to McDonald's. Get a fish sandwich.

Go home and watch reruns.

Ain't liberty grand?
Dont what? Thats not an answer to my question.

There is no question in the post to which I responded.
So why are you on the thread then? I didnt ask for any advice. I asked for a answer to my question

That's so racist of you.
I value plenty of people and concepts. I just dont value yours. Youre nobody. Thanks for telling me why you thought I was a racist.
No you need to read what you posted to me again

I say it's a damn shame, the way you don't honor the real Black Americans that came before you. You're a putz.

I do honor them and thank them. :fu:

You do what you want, tard.

But you are also American even though your Independence was a century later. Perhaps it is still ok to celebrate the 4th.
You dont think its hypocritical to celebrate something your ancestors were denied? I could see if we all celebrated Juneteenth. Thats the real independence day when all americans were free.

Juneteenth actually only applied to Texas. Because it was on June 19, 1865 when the former slaves of Texas learned they were free. Other former slaves in other states learned of their freedom at other times.
Youre half right. Yes Juneteenth occurred in Texas but its applicable nation wide. Its the day all americans were finally free.

That's so racist of you.
Acutally I dont. Youre not very bright and besides youre beginning to bore me so I'd rather not.

I can give you one with certainty. be happy you aren't living in Canada.
I love Canada. Well Vancouver. Almost moved there. Still looking for some reasons I should celebrate the 4th though. So far after all these pages I have only got one response. Fun

Let me put it to you this way, ask yourself the question "what other country would I rather be in?" If you cannot come up with an honest answer that you would pack up all your shyte tomorrow to move to, than you should celebrate your liberty today and the fact you are in the best country on earth.

Could we vote on it?

You're a dinosaur: A holdover from the 60's. Nobody really gives a rat's ass what race you identify with except for the Democrat party, which continually exploits your blackness to get more votes.

Come into the 21st century already, or fade back into obscurity.

Could we vote on it?

You're a dinosaur: A holdover from the 60's. Nobody really gives a rat's ass what race you identify with except for the Democrat party, which continually uses it to get votes.

There were no dinosaurs alive during the 60's.

Juneteenth actually only applied to Texas. Because it was on June 19, 1865 when the former slaves of Texas learned they were free. Other former slaves in other states learned of their freedom at other times.
Youre half right. Yes Juneteenth occurred in Texas but its applicable nation wide. Its the day all americans were finally free.

Of course I'm right. :)

You may have just piqued their interest. Do they still plan on enjoying the fireworks? So, you're protest had no effect in your neighborhood? The only one it effects is you.
And nope, I am not bitter, and I can't wait for the fireworks. I love them.
As for you, you can have as sucky a day as you like. Enjoy your sucky day while the rest of us, including "your people" do not...

Could we vote on it?

You're a dinosaur: A holdover from the 60's. Nobody really gives a rat's ass what race you identify with except for the Democrat party, which continually uses it to get votes.

There were no dinosaurs alive during the 60's.

Suit yourself then.

That's so racist of you.
Acutally I dont. Youre not very bright and besides youre beginning to bore me so I'd rather not.
Talk about not being bright. I wasn't going to mention this
But actually is not spelled Acutally
youre is spelled You're

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back