Artisanal cobalt mines

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
In order to facilitate electric vehicle (EV) production, the U.S. is seeking to spend taxpayer dollars to develop cobalt supply chains from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), a country which is known for high prevalence of unsafe child labor in its mines, many of which are controlled by Chinese interests, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Department of Labor (DOL) are jointly committing $23 million in taxpayer funds to U.S. firms and other mining companies to integrate local Congolese operations and “artisanal” mines into their supply chains, as well as to improve labor standards for miners in the DRC, which are essentially nonexistent in most cases, according to the WSJ. Chinese-controlled interests dominate the DRC’s cobalt industry, refining about 75% of the global cobalt supply and manufacturing approximately 70% of the world’s lithium-ion batteries, which are cobalt-intensive products that power EVs.

I gotz a question ....what's a Congolese artisanal cobalt mine?
Are the whips and machetes handcrafted ?Ya know for when ya gotta whip or chop those Lil child bastards for napping on the job

Also whats a neo pronoun

Artisanal mines roflmao are you leftist retards out of your minds

That would be a yes

Artisanal mines?
What an elegant name for something crude.
Meaning likely it's a hand dug mine I wouldn't enter even as a ditch much less as the cave which they are. There are no bulldozers or backhoe on these sites. Only picks and shovels. No securing or shoring up of ceilings and walls...collapses are common.

People desperate for a paycheck are being buried alive daily.

In order to facilitate electric vehicle (EV) production, the U.S. is seeking to spend taxpayer dollars to develop cobalt supply chains from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), a country which is known for high prevalence of unsafe child labor in its mines, many of which are controlled by Chinese interests, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Department of Labor (DOL) are jointly committing $23 million in taxpayer funds to U.S. firms and other mining companies to integrate local Congolese operations and “artisanal” mines into their supply chains, as well as to improve labor standards for miners in the DRC, which are essentially nonexistent in most cases, according to the WSJ. Chinese-controlled interests dominate the DRC’s cobalt industry, refining about 75% of the global cobalt supply and manufacturing approximately 70% of the world’s lithium-ion batteries, which are cobalt-intensive products that power EVs.

Are the whips and machetes handcrafted ?Ya know for when ya gotta whip or chop those Lil child bastards for napping on the job

Also whats a neo pronoun

That would be a yes
No Self-Determination for a Jealous Species Determined to Destroy Us

Bring back colonialism. These Low IQ humanoids have no intellectual property whatsoever. Only the achievements of evolved species give the African resources any value.

Also whats a neo pronoun

That would be a yes
Doing a quick cursory search, the artisanal mine is a small one that is mined via human labor rather than machines. It gave me a choice of photos of such mines and here is the first ones that came up:
1694646122624.png

1694646209627.png

As opposed to the large industrial machine mined cobalt mines that look like the one below. (The lithium, manganese, copper etc. mines, also necessary for those electric batteries, are even worse.)
1694646338767.png

Last edited:
What is wrong with Electric Vehicles. Electric Vehicles are part of the $150 trillion of our money Joe Biden and the Democrat klan is spending creating their utopian dream.

Forum List

Back