Artificial Light: Modern Minions

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a modernism-parable inspired by the fortune-consequence films Sin City and Ruthless People.

Cheers,

====

ai.jpg

Captain America was the world's favorite democracy-defender, a physically-enhanced super-soldier who used his mighty shield, combat skills, agility, wits, and patriotic spirit to take down anyone (or anything) threatening the basic securities of American culture. Captain America was therefore considered the perfect weapon against terrorism and wanted to be considered the 'policeman' everyone could celebrate. Now, Captain America had to deal with a defecting U.S. army warrior named 'Wolverine' (himself a metal-enhanced hunting soldier) who wanted to attack cities as symbols of 'artificial spiritualism' (and artificial light!).

cap.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Why do you hate America?
WOLVERINE: Look at all the artificial lights in cities like Chicago!
CAPTAIN AMERICA: You have a problem with cityscapes and urban light layouts??
WOLVERINE: You think fireflies feel 'inspired' looking at symbols of 'synthetic life'?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: The city at night is not 'synthetic/superficial,' my friend...
WOLVERINE: I'm not your friend! Artificial lights represent the dumbing of the senses.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: If you criticize the basic activities of society, you open up a Hellmouth.
WOLVERINE: I'd rather open up a 'Hellmouth' than sit quiet and pretty about laziness.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: I think you hate capitalism/consumerism and think eBay is 'dumb.'
WOLVERINE: Why do you think North Korea tests nuclear weapons?
CAPTAIN AMERICA: The North Korean government has tenable contracts with America.
WOLVERINE: The Trump Administration is not mature enough to manage trade-treaties!
CAPTAIN AMERICA: Alienating patriots is not the answer; you need a psychiatrist.
WOLVERINE: I'll consider what you said, but capitalism/democracy is simply juvenile.

====

:dance:

New Topics

Forum List

Back