Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

Opinions we may not like should still be protected.

what opinion? that there's no such thing as the holocaust?

the holocaust isn't a matter of opinion.

and europe has laws of this sort because they remember what happened last time.

i have mixed feelings about it.

Of course the issue here is whether people should be allowed to have and air opinions, including stupid, ignorant, hateful, obnoxious, insulting opinions. The answer to that should be clearly yes.

Unfortunately many European countries are so filled with woeful ignorance on this topic that the powers that be have found it necessary to pass these stupid laws, which unfortunately but very predictably have the opposite result of what is intended: they have given a veneer of credibility to the lunatics and anti-semites who try to deny the holocaust.

The laws in Europe protecting the sacred story of the Holohoax myth are absurd.

If the Holohoax was such a perfect closed case with no flaws or holes in the official story.

Then you would think the governments would welcome examination.

But obviously that isn't the case.

Because they know if they decriminalized Holohoax debate and allowed historians to tell the truth.

The political ramifications would be enormous and our entire foreign policy would be in question.

Personally I am opposed on principle against the laws punishing holocaust denial. That doesn't make holocaust denial any less stupid though. And your remarks show your complete dishonesty. Very few historical events have been so thoroughly examined and debated by historians as the holocaust. But there is a difference between historical debate and the denial of historical facts.
There has never been any debate by historians when it comes to the so called holocaust.

Immediately after WWII the official story was told by the allies propaganda machine.

And that one sided version is considered 100% accurate with no flaws or holes in the narrative.

Historians continually discuss and debate every, war, battle, victory, defeat, or political event, that has ever taken place in world history.

Yet, the alleged holocaust remains historically frozen in time; a sacred gospel that cannot be objectively discussed or examined.

And here's why there isn't 'constant' debate;

You can actually talk to people that were there.

Unlike talking to Romans that had to fight the Huns.

BBC News - Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

What exactly is the "crime" here? Offending people?

European countries, in general, do not have our first amendment principles.

It's a shame, given that the liberties enshrined in our Constitution were originally considered British liberties.

Only 'sorta-kinda.' Truth is that English landed men had many more freedoms than anywhere else in Europe. The colonists took those rights much further. First of all, pretty quickly nearly any white, Protestant male could get land, thus 'rights.' That certainly wasn't true in England, with primogeniture and all. Then there was Maryland, where the idea of religious freedom popped up, well at least for Catholics.

It's much more complex and we must give a tip of the hat to the English that fought a civil war themselves to show that the king was only human. ;)

Opinions we may not like should still be protected.

what opinion? that there's no such thing as the holocaust?

the holocaust isn't a matter of opinion.

and europe has laws of this sort because they remember what happened last time.

i have mixed feelings about it.

I can say the sky is a lovely shade of magenta, and despite being factually incorrect it would still be my opinion. Opinions don't hurt anybody.

Five men and a 15-year-old youth have been arrested in East Renfrewshire and Glasgow after anti-Semitic remarks were posted on social network site Facebook.

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

Actions of this kind will suppress expression but will greatly exacerbate ethnic hostility. It's best to allow people to say what is on their minds and thereby discharge their negative feelings.

Just by accident I stopped by this forum, and after reading few posts from Sunni Man and Ariux, I had to double check on the topic to make sure I am not on a Ku Klas Klan board.
One openly and shamelessly denies one of most horrific chapters in human history ever took place and the other believes the European Jews deserved their fate.
Shame on you.

Just by accident I stopped by this forum, and after reading few posts from Sunni Man and Ariux, I had to double check on the topic to make sure I am not on a Ku Klas Klan board.
One openly and shamelessly denies one of most horrific chapters in human history ever took place and the other believes the European Jews deserved their fate.
Shame on you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyMVWVBmGVo&feature=related]The Last Days of the Big Lie - (Part 1 of 9) - YouTube[/ame]

In Europe the Jews are the most protected class/ethnicity by force of law.

They are extremely disliked for their annoying behavior and rude manners.

And will scream anti-semitism in an instant just to get their way.

I know a fair number of European Jews. I've found them in general pleasant, polite and intelligent.

Amazingly enough, I can say the same for a lot of European Muslims as well.

That's the annoying thing about stereotypes. They are often just wrong and stupid, which is presumably why one so often hears them coming from wrong and stupid people.

Five men and a 15-year-old youth have been arrested in East Renfrewshire and Glasgow after anti-Semitic remarks were posted on social network site Facebook.

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

With the exception to the "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock" thing, does anyone know what was posted on this thread? If it's merely opinion, then it's an overreaction for people to be arrested. If it's something more sinister, then maybe not.

There is a disturbing trend in the UK for arresting people who make odious statements.

Liverpool race row, Tom Adeyemi: Fan arrested | Mail Online
Moronic Liverpool Fan Caught Making ‘Monkey’ Gesture At Patrice Evra » Who Ate all the Pies

These guys are idiots but this is taking the Big Brother State too far.

There is a disturbing trend in the UK for arresting people who make odious statements.

Moronic Liverpool Fan Caught Making ‘Monkey’ Gesture At Patrice Evra » Who Ate all the Pies

That just about sums it up.

Well, that's just stupid.

This sort of thing has happened at games since I was a kid. It has improved hugely over the years but it has always been, and should remain, an issue for the clubs themselves to handle. I can't understand the police involvement at all.

Why? If a bunch of Jews posted discriminatory or prejudicial comments online (which they often do) you can bet your bottom dollar that they'd face no such sanction from the authorities. People are often terrified of offending Jews, for fear of invoking accusations of anti-semitism, which their media outlets have strengthened, or being a Holocaust denier, which would result in your superiours being relentlessly pressured those representing the interests of Jewry into constructively dismissing you. You'd be fucked, in other words.

After WW2 what was left of the Jews emigrated to Anglo-Saxon world, and London is where they concentrate their money in Europe.
Denying the Holocaust in Germany is illegal because Germany lost the war, and the occupiers also saw, that you won't have much luck finding a Jew in e.g. Black-Forests of Germany.
However, it would be unthinkable, that 50 police officers in Germany storm houses because of anti-semitic remarks. Like it happened in Glasgow.

Last edited:

Well, that's just stupid.

This sort of thing has happened at games since I was a kid. It has improved hugely over the years but it has always been, and should remain, an issue for the clubs themselves to handle. I can't understand the police involvement at all.

Zionism has huge sway, especially playing the antisemite card, for more information, contact your congressman for instructions on how to be properly proselytized on the topic of zionism and its double standards.

Feeling the Hate in Jerusalem 12 - YouTube

Forum List

Back