Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

I have a feeling that there is stuff missing in this so called story.

England deserves the subject mentality and the fact they have no rights. I have argued with people from there before that insist it is perfectly ok that their Government can at a whim take away any supposed right they have because none of it is in writing.

Every person in England, and the rest of the UK I assume, deserves this because of the opinions of a few people you've spoken to?

Five men and a 15-year-old youth have been arrested in East Renfrewshire and Glasgow after anti-Semitic remarks were posted on social network site Facebook.

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

BBC News - Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

What exactly is the "crime" here? Offending people?
Bring it. I figured I'd go out in a battle with Jew worshiping Nazi's.
Fuck'em.

Come again?

Jews are a protected class in Europe.

Also, if you publicly deny any aspect of the official Holocaust story.

You can go the prison for up to 5 years.

Good.

Why? If a bunch of Jews posted discriminatory or prejudicial comments online (which they often do) you can bet your bottom dollar that they'd face no such sanction from the authorities. People are often terrified of offending Jews, for fear of invoking accusations of anti-semitism, which their media outlets have strengthened, or being a Holocaust denier, which would result in your superiours being relentlessly pressured those representing the interests of Jewry into constructively dismissing you. You'd be fucked, in other words.

It's a shame, given that the liberties enshrined in our Constitution were originally considered British liberties.

The British haven't been a free people in a long time. They are one of the worst nanny/police states in Europe.

Nonsense. Try being your own man for once, instead of posting drivel that you hope your fellow halfwits will applaud.

In Europe the Jews are the most protected class/ethnicity by force of law.

They are extremely disliked for their annoying behavior and rude manners.

And will scream anti-semitism in an instant just to get their way.

In Europe the Jews are the most protected class/ethnicity by force of law.

They are extremely disliked for their annoying behavior and rude manners.

And will scream anti-semitism in an instant just to get their way.

Nailed it. But, deep down, that comes as no surprise to anyone who has the capacity to be honest with themselves.

They also start false rumors to keep others from posting their point of view, I doubt if anyone was charged with any crime

The so called Holocaust is the one historical event that historians won't examine or debate out of fear for their jobs and university tenure.

Which brings up the question: If the Holocaust history is so perfect with no flaws. Then why are the authorities soo afraid to allow contrary opinions?

What are they afraid off?? :confused:

Personally I am opposed on principle against the laws punishing holocaust denial. That doesn't make holocaust denial any less stupid though. And your remarks show your complete dishonesty. Very few historical events have been so thoroughly examined and debated by historians as the holocaust. But there is a difference between historical debate and the denial of historical facts.

Five men and a 15-year-old youth have been arrested in East Renfrewshire and Glasgow after anti-Semitic remarks were posted on social network site Facebook.

Almost 50 police officers raided seven addresses after complaints from members of the Jewish community in Giffnock.

It followed a number of offensive posts on a page entitled: "Welcome to Israel, only kidding you're in Giffnock."

The six people arrested were charged with a breach of the peace with religious and racial aggravations.

BBC News - Arrests over anti-Semitic remarks on Facebook

What exactly is the "crime" here? Offending people?

Liberals rule England with an iron fist.

Why do you think we have hate speech laws here?

It's a shame, given that the liberties enshrined in our Constitution were originally considered British liberties.

The British haven't been a free people in a long time. They are one of the worst nanny/police states in Europe.

Nonsense. Try being your own man for once, instead of posting drivel that you hope your fellow halfwits will applaud.

They just arrested people for FB postings.

Unless they posted pics or names on a "to do" list...

This thread sort of cracks me up.

Mostly my amusement is the natura' American tendency to encourage both Anglophilia and Francophobia.

Mention FRANCE and the right wingers inevitably goosestep in to tell us what effete idiots the FRENCH are. (surrender eating cheeese monkeys?)

Meanwhile in France they ARE doing something about the Moslem takeover of their society like for example not allowing people to walk around veiled.

Meanwhile FRANCE has largely dealt with its energy problems using nuclear power. (that most RWe'ers just love)

England? England is now the worst POLICE STATE in Europe, a place where you cannot even be an overt racist in print.

But the FRANCE, these Anglopilic ethnocentrics insist, are panzies, and the noble anglo-saxons BRITANIANS never never never will be slaves.

:lol:

This thread sort of cracks me up.

Mostly my amusement is the natura' American tendency to encourage both Anglophilia and Francophobia.

Mention FRANCE and the right wingers inevitably goosestep in to tell us what effete idiots the FRENCH are. (surrender eating cheeese monkeys?)

Meanwhile in France they ARE doing something about the Moslem takeover of their society like for example not allowing people to walk around veiled.

Meanwhile FRANCE has largely dealt with its energy problems using nuclear power. (that most RWe'ers just love)

England? England is now the worst POLICE STATE in Europe, a place where you cannot even be an overt racist in print.

But the FRANCE, these Anglopilic ethnocentrics insist, are panzies, and the noble anglo-saxons BRITANIANS never never never will be slaves.

:lol:

Whine drinking surrender monkeys.

and yes

Nuclear power rocks! IMBY IMBY IMBY

Jews are a protected class in Europe.

Also, if you publicly deny any aspect of the official Holocaust story.

You can go the prison for up to 5 years.

Good.

Opinions we may not like should still be protected.

what opinion? that there's no such thing as the holocaust?

the holocaust isn't a matter of opinion.

and europe has laws of this sort because they remember what happened last time.

i have mixed feelings about it.

Europe KNOWS what happens when you let a BIG LIE become the dominating reality of the people.

Americans are just now beginning to realize that because this nation thrives on the BIG LIE.

Personally I am opposed on principle against the laws punishing holocaust denial. That doesn't make holocaust denial any less stupid though. And your remarks show your complete dishonesty. Very few historical events have been so thoroughly examined and debated by historians as the holocaust. But there is a difference between historical debate and the denial of historical facts.
There has never been any debate by historians when it comes to the so called holocaust.

Immediately after WWII the official story was told by the allies propaganda machine.

And that one sided version is considered 100% accurate with no flaws or holes in the narrative.

Historians continually discuss and debate every, war, battle, victory, defeat, or political event, that has ever taken place in world history.

Yet, the alleged holocaust remains historically frozen in time; a sacred gospel that cannot be objectively discussed or examined.

There has never been any debate by historians when it comes to the so called holocaust.

Immediately after WWII the official story was told by the allies propaganda machine.

And that one sided version is considered 100% accurate with no flaws or holes in the narrative.

Historians continually discuss and debate every, war, battle, victory, defeat, or political event, that has ever taken place in world history.

Yet, the alleged holocaust remains historically frozen in time; a sacred gospel that cannot be objectively discussed or examined.

Yes, I already knew you were ignorant and didn't understand anything about history.

Forum List

Back