Arnold wants $8 billion from Feds or Must think he is a Dem. sen voting on healthcare

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Arnold wants $8 billion from Feds or Must think he is a Dem. sen voting on healthcare

Let the state go bankrupt- don't be such a "girly" man Arnold. California is the poster-child for liberal fiscal foolishness and it's time for the chickens to come home to roost.

Investor's Business Daily reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has an idea: He wants President Obama to give him $8 billion - or else, he says, he'll kill or slash most of the state's welfare programs, cut pay for 200,000 state workers and end two tax breaks for big corporations.

The White House should do California a favor and say no. The only thing that will help at this point is for the state's citizens to vote the Legislature out of office — or for the state to be forced into bankruptcy. The Legislature has been under almost exclusive Democratic control for decades. Time for change

According to the IBD, California is home to more than 1/3 of the nation's welfare recipients. Their under performing schools are home to the 2nd highest paid teachers in the US.

Despite their dismal record , the state legislators are:

"the country's highest-paid state legislators, pulling down nearly $100,000, with $30,000 in tax-free money for their "expenses" and a state-provided car for their use."

By most objective measures, the economy is among the worst in the nation. Unemployment of over 12% is well above the national average of 10% — no surprise, considering the nonpartisan Tax Foundation recently ranked California 48th among the states on business-tax competitiveness.

Looks like the economy isn't recovering yet. If Obama passes healthcare the States pick-up the tab, and they have no money. Oh dear, what to do, Social Security and Medicaid both bankrupt, there will be a lot of very pissed-off retirees for the next several elections.

Looks like the economy isn't recovering yet. If Obama passes healthcare the States pick-up the tab, and they have no money. Oh dear, what to do, Social Security and Medicaid both bankrupt, there will be a lot of very pissed-off retirees for the next several elections.

and several decades as well :(

Oh my, Cons so wanted Arnold in office. Serves you all right.

From the article:

The Legislature has been under almost exclusive Democratic control for decades. Time for change.

Arnold is a liberal "for sure" aka RINO

Of course the Republicans want a R after the governor's title, but so what.

If anything Arnold has helped to show how much of a failure liberalism is in practice.

For that, many are thankful- How’s that green economy working for California, Arnold?
:eusa_angel:

Let the state go bankrupt- don't be such a "girly" man Arnold. California is the poster-child for liberal fiscal foolishness and it's time for the chickens to come home to roost.

Investor's Business Daily reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has an idea: He wants President Obama to give him $8 billion - or else, he says, he'll kill or slash most of the state's welfare programs, cut pay for 200,000 state workers and end two tax breaks for big corporations.

The White House should do California a favor and say no. The only thing that will help at this point is for the state's citizens to vote the Legislature out of office — or for the state to be forced into bankruptcy. The Legislature has been under almost exclusive Democratic control for decades. Time for change

According to the IBD, California is home to more than 1/3 of the nation's welfare recipients. Their under performing schools are home to the 2nd highest paid teachers in the US.

Despite their dismal record , the state legislators are:

"the country's highest-paid state legislators, pulling down nearly $100,000, with $30,000 in tax-free money for their "expenses" and a state-provided car for their use."

By most objective measures, the economy is among the worst in the nation. Unemployment of over 12% is well above the national average of 10% — no surprise, considering the nonpartisan Tax Foundation recently ranked California 48th among the states on business-tax competitiveness.

WOW, that is astounding. Killing the state's welfare programs sounds like a plan Arnold. Go ahead and do it.

I guess you people aren't wondering why I left California. :lol:
PJ....The "Terminator" ran as a fiscal conservative, and most bought into it. Gray Davis was running the state into the ground, and no one really knew how Arnie was politically.
We all found out in short order....having said that, after his stint as governor, he is pretty much a washed up politician. He is very much damaged goods.
I guess a good heads up on him would have been look who he married.

PJ....The "Terminator" ran as a fiscal conservative, and most bought into it. Gray Davis was running the state into the ground, and no one really knew how Arnie was politically.

He picked up the STD "liberalness " from her?
:eek:

Sure. Why not give them the money? We seem to be giving it to everybody else. While you're at it, send me enough so I can maintain my retired status in a way that would be more meaningful to me. All you would have to do is to run the printing press for about an extra 30 minutes before you turned it off. Shouldn't be a problem.

Something like 70 percent of California's Budget expenses are untouchable due to CITIZEN petitions turned into resolutions voted on by the CITIZENS of the State. Arnold found that out real quick when he tried to fix the deficit problem when he took over.

The people created the mess and continue to contribute to it each year. FUCK that State let it go broke.

Sure. Why not give them the money? We seem to be giving it to everybody else. While you're at it, send me enough so I can maintain my retired status in a way that would be more meaningful to me. All you would have to do is to run the printing press for about an extra 30 minutes before you turned it off. Shouldn't be a problem.

Sounds good

But you see the power structure has determined that people like you and people like me "are too small to help"

On the good note- look at all that "wonderful" healthcare you will be getting once all those cuts kick in
:eusa_whistle:

feel no pity for CA. let them reduce & eliminate the programs that killed them in the first place and then maybe we can help them rebuild under assurance they wont bring back the crap

feel no pity for CA. let them reduce & eliminate the programs that killed them in the first place and then maybe we can help them rebuild under assurance they wont bring back the crap

No. This isn't the answer. They will never send their illegal aliens back to Mexico.

Don't get upset

But we may agree on something- at least the no pity for CA

He picked up the STD "liberalness " from her?

Yep...Maria Shriver....big time Ted Kennedy democrat. I always said that she wore the "Fruit of the Looms" in her family.

Don't get upset

But we may agree on something- at least the no pity for CA

No pity at all. They certainly got themselves into the mess they are in. Let see if they can get out without the taxpayers of the rest of America contributing to the cause. Believe me. I have better things to spend my money on.

Does anyone else recall how Ahnuld crazy the neos were? Talk of chaninging the constitution so he could be president, etc. ?

Does anyone else recall how Ahnuld crazy the neos were? Talk of chaninging the constitution so he could be president, etc. ?

Times change

Papa Obama use to be positive in the polls

Besides, it seems the constitutional requirements for President are only a "bump" on the road to becoming President
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back