Army Data Shows Rarity Of Desertion Prosecutions

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
The U.S. Army has prosecuted about 1,900 cases of desertion since 2001, despite tens of thousands of soldiers fleeing the service in the face of deadly combat, long and multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan and strains on military families.
It is a huge figure for the USA army. But it is not surprising. Who wants to protect stupid international policy in a remote and God forsaken place. Run Forests, Run!!!
le-monde-desertion--large-msg-126343570711.jpg

Such a policy has been consistent under GOP and Democratic admins beginning in the mid-1980s.

That's what happens when you let democrat sissie bitches into the military.
I admit that it isn't onle Dems' fault. This kind of strategy has been working in the state for a long period. I spoke with some soldiers who returned from Iraq and Afghanistan. They didn't understant the sense of their mission there from time to time. How can we blame a party? The root is deeper...

The U.S. Army has prosecuted about 1,900 cases of desertion since 2001, despite tens of thousands of soldiers fleeing the service in the face of deadly combat, long and multiple deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan and strains on military families.

27 sailors from theUSS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.
What frightened the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea

Perhaps prosecutions are rare because the military realizes that it is merely a symptom of larger problems, and they prefer to focus on fixing the problems at their core.

I admit that it isn't onle Dems' fault. This kind of strategy has been working in the state for a long period. I spoke with some soldiers who returned from Iraq and Afghanistan. They didn't understant the sense of their mission there from time to time. How can we blame a party? The root is deeper...

You spoke with some Iraq & Afghan vets. Isn't that special. I speak to Army Rangers almost exclusively and almost daily, and to them red is red, and a rat is a rat, and a deserter in a war zone a scurrilous piece of shit who ought to be shot for endangering the lives of other members of his unit, especially under fire. Not only is his crime one of treason, it's also one of espionage. It's a pretty simple equation to me.

The despair of the professional soldier used as a pawn for the warlords. That is abhorrent in our constitutional republic.

This seems more likely:
Desertion is relatively easy to prove, former Army lawyer Greg Rinckey said, but circumstances such as post-traumatic stress or family problems are also taken into account.

"A lot of deserters suffered from PTSD or other mental health issues, or they were on their second or third deployment," said Rinckey. Numbers spiked as soldiers began returning to the battlefront, sometimes for up to 15 month deployments.

Some disappearances involved divorce issues or sick children, he said. In other cases, soldiers deserted bases in the United States. Many are of these are handled without going to court martial, with soldiers administratively punished or sometimes medically discharged.

The truth is much simpler than y'all want to make it ...

The idea of going into battle is an exhilarating idea ... until you're faced with the reality of it. There isn't a soldier in the world who wants to go into battle. There is nobody who wishes for peace more than the guy who is putting his ass on the line.

The first time you go into battle, you go because you don't know what you're getting into - every soldier is scared to death the first time, and most are scared every time thereafter. Some are able to go to war, some aren't. You don't know until it's time which side of the line you stand on. Some can't handle the idea long before they get to the battlefield. So, they leave ....

Some try it, and find that they can't handle it. So, they leave. My first time, I spent the first 10 minutes curled up in a foxhole, scared out of my ever loving mind. Finally, I was able to move - before, I was frozen. But, finally, I was able to do what I was taught to do. It never gets any better.

Every soldier - and I mean, EVERY soldier - goes through a crisis of commitment. Mine happened in my 13th year - I went to my commander and told him he had 3 days to get me out of there, or I was leaving on my own. And, I meant every word of it. Had it not been for the counsel of a particular chaplain, I would have quit.

During WWII and Korea, soldiers were committed to the war for the duration. In other words, you didn't go home until it was over. Then, your focus is on getting it done and finished. Somebody, in his infinite wisdom, came up with the idea during Viet Nam to have one year tours - then you get to go home - maybe to come back again. Then, your focus is on getting your 365 days (and a wake-up) done. Who cares about winning? You just want to live 365 days and a wake-up.

I cannot imagine multiple tours - I cannot conceive of coming home from that horror, knowing that you are going back in 6 months or a year. I can't imagine leaving my family the second time, the third time, the fourth time. I truly admire today's troops that they are able to do this. I couldn't do it.

Probably because we are raising a generation unprepared for what's going on in the world. They think they are ready and when thy get out in the field they aren't prepared and panic.

this is what happens with the breakdown of the family.

The truth is much simpler than y'all want to make it ...

The idea of going into battle is an exhilarating idea ... until you're faced with the reality of it. There isn't a soldier in the world who wants to go into battle. There is nobody who wishes for peace more than the guy who is putting his ass on the line.

The first time you go into battle, you go because you don't know what you're getting into - every soldier is scared to death the first time, and most are scared every time thereafter. Some are able to go to war, some aren't. You don't know until it's time which side of the line you stand on. Some can't handle the idea long before they get to the battlefield. So, they leave ....

Some try it, and find that they can't handle it. So, they leave. My first time, I spent the first 10 minutes curled up in a foxhole, scared out of my ever loving mind. Finally, I was able to move - before, I was frozen. But, finally, I was able to do what I was taught to do. It never gets any better.

Every soldier - and I mean, EVERY soldier - goes through a crisis of commitment. Mine happened in my 13th year - I went to my commander and told him he had 3 days to get me out of there, or I was leaving on my own. And, I meant every word of it. Had it not been for the counsel of a particular chaplain, I would have quit.

During WWII and Korea, soldiers were committed to the war for the duration. In other words, you didn't go home until it was over. Then, your focus is on getting it done and finished. Somebody, in his infinite wisdom, came up with the idea during Viet Nam to have one year tours - then you get to go home - maybe to come back again. Then, your focus is on getting your 365 days (and a wake-up) done. Who cares about winning? You just want to live 365 days and a wake-up.

I cannot imagine multiple tours - I cannot conceive of coming home from that horror, knowing that you are going back in 6 months or a year. I can't imagine leaving my family the second time, the third time, the fourth time. I truly admire today's troops that they are able to do this. I couldn't do it.

much more articulate than I put it

The despair of the professional soldier used as a pawn for the warlords. That is abhorrent in our constitutional republic.

Why do I know you'd shit in your panties if the responsibility of defending this nation ever fell on your shoulders, Jake? All you are is a bag of smelly gas and empty rhetoric...like all democrat parasites. Look at your president. Every state leader on the planet knows he's an absolute cur. 85% of people in our own military hate his guts. So the chimp avoids our nation's international responsibilities and stays at home inciting race riots and murder instead. And you support that? Fuck you, traitor.

It is a huge figure for the USA army. But it is not surprising. Who wants to protect stupid international policy in a remote and God forsaken place. Run Forests, Run!!!
le-monde-desertion--large-msg-126343570711.jpg

In other words: The incidence of desertion is extremely low.

That's what happens when you let democrat sissie bitches into the military.

An all voluntary force definitely begins to show the strain with so few people bearing all the responsibility, multiple deployments create morale problems......particularly when there's no end game or victory in sight.

Forum List

Back