Arkansas strikes out again lol

Mate27

Jul 20, 2014
My dad has mitral valve prolapse, he needs a cardiologist..
We are living in Fayetteville Arkansas for a few reasons..

1. Where he's from, he's too old to be there on his own, it is far too dangerous for him, the big cities are not a place for old people.

2. I have Aspergers, and while I can more than defend my dad, I cant thrive in the big city myself.

3. At the time we left the northeast, it was because we couldn't afford the suburbs there, we can't afford the best that the northeast offers at the time.. and because of our locale, we still cant immediately afford it.

So we left the northeast, and came to Fayetteville Arkansas, a college town with a very high material standard of living, and amongst the lowest prices in the country.

Being as my dad has a fixed income, his pay remains the same, and he can afford more material goods here.

So when my dad needed a cardiologist.... I sent him to the VA, and to the Washington Regional...

He comes back and says that he's lived with Mitral Valve Prolapse longer than I lived at all... and the procedures, the care, the technology, and the methods used for diagnosis have been OBSOLETE twenty years ago.. not in practice 20 years ago... but OBSOLETE twenty years ago.
By the standards of Philadelphia, and New York and New Jersey and Massachusetts and Vermont...

My response is this...

I understand that Arkansas isn't the best place to be..

But it is what we can afford when we left the northeast....

We chose this area based on Demographics, Low crime rate, Low prices, a good consumer market, and decent people..

We did not choose this place based on what kind of healthcare or education exists here.

We simply could not afford $900, $1,000, $1,200 OR 1,600 a month rent.

If you want to go back to philly because it has better healthcare that's fine by me... but just remember this..

The doctor lives in the penthouse, while the people such as us, and the majority..live amongst more crime than exists in entire countries abroad.

The Doctor can live in Philadelphia because he doesn't live in the absolute carnage that is fuck-a-Delphia..

And for any less than $1,400 a month you will live in the ghetto in Philly.

And that is something that you need to decide for yourself.

And then I told him that if he thinks the people in the suburbs are such good people, well.. they live and let live... but that's all they do, but if you ask them for jack squat, they'll do one of three things to you, and this is from experience from my suburban school campus..

tell you to go fuck yourself, throw it at you at 90 mph... or call the cops on you for panhandling.

And the churches wont help you either.

And that is something that does not happen right here where we are at right now... right here in Arkansas.

You may have your needs, but ultimately, we all get what we can afford.

Unfortunately, that's life in America.... so what is it going to be... safety that we need, or things beyond our control that we don't need, but may cost us our lives ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back