Arkansas GOP State Rep Thinks Slavery Was Blessing in Disguise for Blacks

I seriously doubt any real freedom would of ever developed within sub-Saharan africa without the white man.

And this is why people say that the right is full of racists. BTW, what makes you think the people that were already there didn't have freedom before the white man came?

Africa was full of tribes lead by one man or empires that thought nothing of personal freedom of the person.

Please learn history. Nearly all the great thinkers that made America possible through the last 2,500 years were white.

Last edited:
Everyone in America should be grateful for their ancestors that they are here. I don't imagine that is any different for minorities as it is with anyone else. It is true they had an incredible struggle that the rest pf the population did not have to endure. That is a reason for blacks, especially to lay tribute to their ancestors and for their children to learn the plight and to honor their ancestors.

Africa was full of tribes lead by one man

You mean like the modern day United Kingdom? :lol: Or like, the free roaming Native Americans?

or empires that thought nothing of personal freedom of the person.

That's what the colonies were full of too. :lol: Or maybe you forgot.

You make it sound like the US invented freedom. And that is why you're an idiot. :lol:

What do you want us to do about slavery that we didn't already do????

Who is "us," asshole? Do you really imagine that you speak for or represent anything other than your own personal failure?

Friend of mine said something similar... and he's black, and descended from slaves. Go figure.

You have black friends? And they say slavery was a "blessing"????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnsaMLtQM8&feature=related]A Spike Lee Joint: Bamboozled 2002 New Line Cinema - YouTube[/ame]

Friend of mine said something similar... and he's black, and descended from slaves. Go figure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnsaMLtQM8&feature=related]A Spike Lee Joint: Bamboozled 2002 New Line Cinema - YouTube[/ame]

Slavery did bring blacks to this country, did it not? Yes or No will suffice.

Last edited:
If slavery was so great for black people, we should do it again. Let's bring more black slaves over here!

We'll start the cycle of philanthropy all over again.

For all the people who say that slavery was good for black people, because it brought them here, I do declare that if you're for black slavery in the past, you're for modern slavery in the present.

For you, sexual slavery must be a wonderful thing. It's primarily foreigners from countries in Europe and Russia and elsewhere. Those lucky ladies get to come to this country... and some day, if they aren't murdered or die of diseases, they'll be able to thank their captors for enslaving them and bringing them to this great land of ours. After all, what they go through is trivial compared to the great freedom America has to offer them!

Am I right or what?

Last edited:
I seriously doubt any real freedom would of ever developed within sub-Saharan africa without the white man.

And this is why people say that the right is full of racists. BTW, what makes you think the people that were already there didn't have freedom before the white man came?

He probably thinks that because he's read a history book or two. the most freedom African blacks have ever know was when they were subjects of Britain and France.

Africa was full of tribes lead by one man

You mean like the modern day United Kingdom? :lol: Or like, the free roaming Native Americans?

or empires that thought nothing of personal freedom of the person.

That's what the colonies were full of too. :lol: Or maybe you forgot.

You make it sound like the US invented freedom. And that is why you're an idiot. :lol:

Yes, the United States pretty much did invent freedom.

If it wasn't for slavery, they would be back in Africa suffering from HIV, living in abject squalor and probably dying before they are 40 years old. Check out the lifestyle of Obama's half brother if you want to understand the joys of living in Africa.

If it wasn't for slavery, they would be back in Africa suffering from HIV, living in abject squalor and probably dying before they are 40 years old. Check out the lifestyle of Obama's half brother if you want to understand the joys of living in Africa.

Yea, and the Spanish did so much for the Indians living in South America. And the whites did so much for the Indians in North America and the British were so good to India and China.

Historically, everywhere conquerors go they leave behind a civilization in ruins. Remember why we wanted independence from Great Britain. Because they were treating us badly.

And then there are the Europeans who went to Africa. These dumbass right wingers in this country have this bizarre idea that white people brought Africa civilization. Then they say, "But Africa never had civilization". Because right wingers are stupid. They don't bother to do any research. Because a civilization looks "different" to them it's "primitive".

Besides, if people from Europe hadn't conquered Africans, who knows, it might have been Africans that conquered Europe. Then you would have a black guy writing saying these white southerners are so fucking lazy. We "saved" them.

And take a look at them. Seriously. Do these guys look "civilized"? They are so dumb, they hate people on food stamps. Then one of them says, "I need food stamps. I don't have a job". Because you are stupid. You are the kind of person Rick Santorum was talking to. Just before you "cheered".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54rcz_L5Q4]Mississippi Rednecks that vote republican - YouTube[/ame]

She likes to call it "affirmative friendship." The fact that her friend would day that the slavery of generations past was a blessing just goes to show that he is an idiot. Since he was not alive then, and was not a slave himself, he cannot speak such a thing in the first place.

What's next? Should we start saying that the Holocaust was a blessing for the Jewish people?

Yea, and the Spanish did so much for the Indians living in South America. And the whites did so much for the Indians in North America and the British were so good to India and China.

Whether the Indians benefited from Spanish colonialism is a separate issue. For one thing, their descendents didn't end up in the United States of America. The descendents of slavery in America benefited because they ended up being born in America.

Historically, everywhere conquerors go they leave behind a civilization in ruins. Remember why we wanted independence from Great Britain. Because they were treating us badly.

Actually, that's not true. For example, many peoples who the Romans conquered benefited greatly. The Romans brought roads, running water, sanitation, law and countless other benefits. Almost every corner of the Roman Empire prospered as a result of Roman control. The same goes for the British Empire. Virtually the entire railroad network of India was built by the British.

And then there are the Europeans who went to Africa. These dumbass right wingers in this country have this bizarre idea that white people brought Africa civilization. Then they say, "But Africa never had civilization". Because right wingers are stupid. They don't bother to do any research. Because a civilization looks "different" to them it's "primitive".

That's pretty much the case.

Besides, if people from Europe hadn't conquered Africans, who knows, it might have been Africans that conquered Europe. Then you would have a black guy writing saying these white southerners are so fucking lazy. We "saved" them.

Yeah, right. And if history had been different, then it would have been different. Europeans conquered Africa because they were more socially, economically and technically more advanced. It's inconceivable that the opposite could have occurred.

And take a look at them. Seriously. Do these guys look "civilized"? They are so dumb, they hate people on food stamps. Then one of them says, "I need food stamps. I don't have a job". Because you are stupid. You are the kind of person Rick Santorum was talking to. Just before you "cheered".

Mississippi Rednecks that vote republican - YouTube

That's the kind of brilliant logic we've come to expect from you, Deany

Last edited:

She likes to call it "affirmative friendship." The fact that her friend would day that the slavery of generations past was a blessing just goes to show that he is an idiot. Since he was not alive then, and was not a slave himself, he cannot speak such a thing in the first place.

You're deliberately misconstruing the argument, moron. No one says it was a benefit to the people who were actually enslaved. However, it was a benefit to their descendents because they were born in America as a result.

Turds like you are just too fucking stupid to assemble a cogent argument.

What's next? Should we start saying that the Holocaust was a blessing for the Jewish people?

That would be about as rational as claiming you're intelligent.

Whether the Indians benefited from Spanish colonialism is a separate issue. For one thing, their descendents didn't end up in the United States of America. The descendents of slavery in America benefited because they ended up being born in America.

Actually, that's not true. For example, many peoples who the Romans conquered benefited greatly. The Romans brought roads, running water, sanitation, law and countless other benefits. Almost every corner of the Roman Empire prospered as a result of Roman control. The same goes for the British Empire. Virtually the entire railroad network of India was built by the British.

That's pretty much the case.

Yeah, right. And if history had been different, then it would have been different. Europeans conquered Africa because they were more socially, economically and technically more advanced. It's inconceivable that the opposite could have occurred.

Mississippi Rednecks that vote republican - YouTube

That's the kind of brilliant logic we've come to expect from you, Deany

Never thought I would see you pimping for Big Government.

LOL

To the left:

A conservative speaks his mind about race, right or stupid, it's blatant racist hate speech.

A liberal speaks his mind about race, right or stupid, it's a non-issue.

Nothing new here, typical left wing hypocrisy. Move along.

A Socratic question designed to lead to a questionably valid conclusion.

Slavery did bring blacks to this country, did it not? Yes or No will suffice.

I sent this statement over to my friends at the U who will use it in their class as an example of Tea Party and libertarian 'scholarly' thinking.

Forum List

Back