Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Steve_McGarrett, Feb 20, 2014.

1. AntiParty

AntiParty Tea is the new Kool-Aid

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +779
    Well this is clearly a big win for the Left...

Sometimes it takes extremely severe to happen to get the general public interested in discussing politics. Such as shutting down the government or passing a bigot law like this.

I'm sure that the first time a black store owner turns down a white family for being white there will be outrage and the Right Will say the Left passed this law like they tried with the Government shutdown.. :dig:

They can't even blame religion for this decision. The bible say's "don't cast stones" and "do not judge or be judged".

The first business that makes headlines for turning down someone for being gay or black will see a sudden surge of business from bigots, then it will die a slow, quiet and peaceful death.

2. PaintMyHouse

PaintMyHouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,151
    You all no longer normal General. Just Old and Irrational and Fearful.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Redfish

Redfish Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,098
    the conservative republican governor vetoed the bill. this is a lot of bullshit about nothing.

but, for the record, if a black business wants to refuse to serve me, I don't care. That is their right. If a gay baker wants to refuse to bake me a cake, I don't care.
    if a gay, black shoeshine boy wants to refuse to shine my shoes, I don't care.
    If a white car wash guy wants to refuse to wash my car because he doesn't like BMW's, I don't care.

4. PaintMyHouse

PaintMyHouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,151
    How very anarchist of you. Let us know when a black doctor refuses to save the life of your child and you don't care.

5. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,123

Nope. I don't want to see heterosexuals denied any rights.

You don't hold the majority opinion. The majority opinion is that gays should be allowed to be married.

Fifty percent say the U.S. Constitution's guarantee of equal protection gives gays the right to marry, while 41 percent say it does not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...37e87e-a3e5-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html

6. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,895
    Actually not.

Should the Supreme Court uphold one of the lower courts’ rulings invalidating state laws denying same-sex couples their equal protection rights, it will be a ‘big win’ for the Constitution, the rule of law, and all Americans.

7. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    I'm quite well able to use a dictionary, and I'm well able to ascertain which dictionary to use. Any dictionary that would contain the word "homophobe" and present it as a valid word, isn't worth 10 cents. I still have a dictionary that I used as a kid in high school in 1962. It doesn't have the word homophobe or Islamaphobe or "gay" or any other of these moronic words, created by and accepted by young people, not fully capable of assessing reality or society in real terms. What I said in my previous post stands 100%.

As for all your phony ban and constitutional questions...... YOU KNOW. It's all in the thread. You've seen it.

So you think pretending there are no bans on homosexuality is going to make all those big, bad bans just go away huh, little cookie ? Guess I didn't know I was talking to a 4 year old.

8. PaintMyHouse

PaintMyHouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,151
    Times change General, but homophobes like you do not. No need to worry however, the world goes right along, and forward, without you.

9. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    In 33 states, the "world" is staying right where it has been all along. If, like seawytch, you find solace in sticking your head in the sand to avoid seeing what's around you, you're entitled to do that. :badgrin:

10. PaintMyHouse

PaintMyHouse BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,151
    It used to be 50 General. Do you find comfort in lying to yourself?