Arizona prosecutor who falsely charged BLM protestors loses license and her job

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013
Forty Fake cases is for sure a reason to loose your job. There should be no one defending the actions of the prosecutor.

There is not enough information in the linked article to assess this situation. What were the protesters doing? What laws did they break? Why were the cases dismissed?

This country has a lot of legal history where people were guilty as hell but had their cases dismissed for political reasons (e.g., the so-called, "Central Park Five"). I find this interesting enough that I'm going to do a little research.

Here is a capsule summary of the conduct of the "innocent protesters":

"The investigation all stemmed from an incident in Oct. 2020 where Phoenix police officers believed that a group of protestors was trying to block a light-rail train. At the time, police said some of the protestors in the group were carrying weapons like an AR-15, a pistol, a stun gun, a metal club, a brick, a knife, and smoke bombs. Court documents detailed that when the group ignored police commands to clear the street, a police lieutenant at the scene ordered the arrest of 15 protestors."

Oh yeah, they were innocent. "Falsely charged," indeed.

Last edited:
There is not enough information in the linked article to assess this situation. What were the protesters doing? What laws did they break? Why were the cases dismissed?

This country has a lot of legal history where people were guilty as hell but had their cases dismissed for political reasons (e.g., the so-called, "Central Park Five"). I find this interesting enough that I'm going to do a little research.

"The investigation all stemmed from an incident in Oct. 2020 where Phoenix police officers believed that a group of protestors was trying to block a light-rail train. At the time, police said some of the protestors in the group were carrying weapons like an AR-15, a pistol, a stun gun, a metal club, a brick, a knife, and smoke bombs. Court documents detailed that when the group ignored police commands to clear the street, a police lieutenant at the scene ordered the arrest of 15 protestors."

If I remember the story correctly, they were a church group peaceful protesting within the bounds of the law and even had a permit. The DA both committed perjury and suborned perjury from LEOs to charge them. One of the local TV stations did a pretty good investigative piece on the situation a year or so ago.

The ---- there isn't. You just don't want to see it. If this was a reverse situation, you'd have already made your conclusuon.

The Central Oark Five were dismissed because the guy who actually did it confessed, politics had nothing to do with it. This is just more tired racism using current events as an excuse to post it up.

Forum List

Back