Arizona police body cam shows boy, 14, fleeing before being shot by cop

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Arizona police released body camera showing a 14-year-old boy — who was carrying a replica 1911 model airsoft gun — running away from the officer before he was shot and killed on Tuesday in an alley.

The boy, identified by his family as Antonio Arce, died Tuesday after being struck by a bullet fired by Officer Jean, police said. The officer was responding to a car break-in in an alley in Tempe when he spotted the teen in a gray pickup truck facing his squad car.

In the video released by police, Jaen arrives at the scene and parks the squad car in the alley, crouches behind a trash barrel and says, “Hey.”

That's tragic.

..I blame the parents mostly
..usually the cops are responding to some crime/problem

A car thief cant even ply his trade safely these days.

Nothing new, just another day in america, please wall us all in as well. Fweedumb.

Nothing new, just another day in america, please wall us all in as well. Fweedumb.

Quiet possibly a wall in his parents day would indeed have prevented Antonio Arce from being killed. He would today be robbing Mexican cars with a simple bribe to the local Policía.

looked like the (dead) kid was a long way from the cop, with his back toward the cop.

That cop must be one coward ass bitch.

and then the body cam is conveniently turned OFF by the cop; nice execution by the cop

I hope he gets raped in prison by some big guy named Bubba

Last edited:

Quiet possibly a wall in his parents day would indeed have prevented Antonio Arce from being killed. He would today be robbing Mexican cars with a simple bribe to the local Policía.
Quiet possibly ya think?

“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.”

― Ronald Reagan
Ronnie Reagan means absolutely nothing to me, and Don had 2 years with majorities in both houses. Just another scam.

Although this article has focused almost exclusively on the fact that the Democratic Party has been the main proponent of open borders, it should be said that their radical agenda would never have gotten as far as it has without the constant betrayal by Republican Party leaders. Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush, Senator John McCain, Senator Jeff Flake, Senator Mitch McConnell, Representative Paul Ryan, and other GOP leaders have repeatedly squished out or sold out on virtually every important immigration issue over the past half century. While ever playing to the Republican base with border security overtures, they have reliably caved in at the critical moments. President Donald Trump has, by far, come closest to facing up to our dire predicament and actually doing something concrete to reverse our self-destructive course. In this, he deserves our thanks and our unstinting support.

No Borders, No Nation

Although this article has focused almost exclusively on the fact that the Democratic Party has been the main proponent of open borders, it should be said that their radical agenda would never have gotten as far as it has without the constant betrayal by Republican Party leaders. Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush, Senator John McCain, Senator Jeff Flake, Senator Mitch McConnell, Representative Paul Ryan, and other GOP leaders have repeatedly squished out or sold out on virtually every important immigration issue over the past half century. While ever playing to the Republican base with border security overtures, they have reliably caved in at the critical moments. President Donald Trump has, by far, come closest to facing up to our dire predicament and actually doing something concrete to reverse our self-destructive course. In this, he deserves our thanks and our unstinting support.

No Borders, No Nation

You are absolutely correct. The ruling elite work through both parties. The Republican job was to fall over for Democrats.

We have elected Republicans to government how many times since 1994...and the "left ratchet" continued to operate.

The Dark Enlightenment, by Nick Land

Arizona police released body camera showing a 14-year-old boy — who was carrying a replica 1911 model airsoft gun — running away from the officer before he was shot and killed on Tuesday in an alley.

The boy, identified by his family as Antonio Arce, died Tuesday after being struck by a bullet fired by Officer Jean, police said. The officer was responding to a car break-in in an alley in Tempe when he spotted the teen in a gray pickup truck facing his squad car.

In the video released by police, Jaen arrives at the scene and parks the squad car in the alley, crouches behind a trash barrel and says, “Hey.”

That's tragic.
Quote: "That's tragic."​

It sure is. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, the film was edited and didn't show clearly showing a 14-year-old being shot by the policeman.

However, what the article said was also vague. I don't know what to think, except that I don't think anybody can tell the difference from a real gun and the replica of one.

Another thing a policeman cannot tell from just having the misfortune of showing up at the scene of a crime is whether the person carrying what appears to be a lethal weapon has or has not used the mind-altering substance of marijuana, which insidiously debilitates the mental maturity as well as bodily retardation of its user. This young man's family had to know something abut its sons propensity to show up where criminal events take place. They had to.

Last edited:

That's tragic.

It sure is. Unfortunately, by the time I got there, the film was edited and didn't show clearly showing a 14-year-old being shot by the policeman.

However, what the article said was also vague. I don't know what to think, except that I don't think anybody can tell the difference from a real gun and the replica of one.

Another thing a policeman cannot tell from just having the misfortune of showing up at the scene of a crime is whether the person carrying what appears to be a lethal weapon has or has not used the mind-altering substance of marijuana, which insidiously debilitates the mental maturity as well as bodily retardation of its user. This young man's family had to know something abut its sons propensity to show up where criminal events take place. They had to.

I'm more focused on the question of why they didn't teach their kids that running away from the cops is never a good, or safe, decision.

Don't get me wrong, it really is tragic, and I feel sorry for everyone involved: the kid, the family, and the cop. This simply did not need to happen.

I'm just really caught by this quote from the parents: ". . . a child of 14-years-old who doesn't know the difference of what's good and what's bad because he hasn't lived long enough." Say what? Honey, if your kid doesn't know good from bad by the time he's 14, he's probably never going to. Smart from stupid, I'll grant you is a tough one at 14. But good from bad shouldn't be a puzzler.

That's tragic.

I'm more focused on the question of why they didn't teach their kids that running away from the cops is never a good, or safe, decision.

Don't get me wrong, it really is tragic, and I feel sorry for everyone involved: the kid, the family, and the cop. This simply did not need to happen.

I'm just really caught by this quote from the parents: ". . . a child of 14-years-old who doesn't know the difference of what's good and what's bad because he hasn't lived long enough." Say what? Honey, if your kid doesn't know good from bad by the time he's 14, he's probably never going to. Smart from stupid, I'll grant you is a tough one at 14. But good from bad shouldn't be a puzzler.
I cannot fathom the whys of this one, Cecille. Kids have a lot of influences parents do not see.

That's tragic.

I cannot fathom the whys of this one, Cecille. Kids have a lot of influences parents do not see.

I don't think we need to reach as far as "influences parents don't see" when we can see the influence of the parents pretty clearly.

Forum List

Back