Arizona passes tough illegal immigration law

You know there is a simple answer to this. Require ID before purchasing any food item(s). Then we go after the really skinny ones.

I've been stopped by border patrol before, you dolt.

The idiots came running up the side of the van with their hands on their pistols. I looked at them and said 'good thing we're not Coyotes or I'd've shot you through the back window, you idiots.' We were on our way back from Sierra Vista.

I told my pops to just tell them 'No Habla No Habla!' but he wasn't game.

I hope they threw your punk ass on the ground for being a fucking smart ass. At any rate I'm sure they let you go without doing anything...

Now...I like how you extrapolated a whole bunch of bullshit from the article in the OP...care to enlighten us on how you are able to get that part of your brain which lives in Wonderland to function in reality?

I doubt he said that to the cops..... He probably shit his pants because he IS an illegal...

The Arizona law will require ID checks on anyone who's stopped..
Fail.

Read the OP and have an understanding of law.

They can only cask for ID if they can detain you. If they aren't prepared to place you in custody and take you downtown, you don't have to give them an ID.

if this law weren't designed and intended to be used against hispanics, it wouldn't be marketed as an anti-immigration bill.

Wrong....fantasy isn't fact.

I've been asked for ID by ICE before when travelling North on I-5...and they had NO GROUNDS to detain me.

No, I'm just not a bigot like you've clearly proven that you are, because you choose to divide people into "light-skinned" and "dark-skinned" mexicans.

You're an idiot.

It's a fact that the reason you have two broad racial groups in Mexico (and elsewhere in central/south America) is because there are two broad races- the natives (ultimately descended from Asians) and Whites (mostly Spaniards and Italians).

And please explain to me how someone whose nana was born in mexico and whose father gets as dark as an idaho potato is a member of the KKK.

Or, you know, you could join us back in reality.

I guess brown people now have to carry papers where ever they go now.

Oh yeah I guess that would be racist.

I guess all people who live or travel in Arizona have to carry papers where ever they go.

That should spark tourism

so,, let us get you on record.. you will allow anyone of any color to enter your home, eat your food, drink your water, use your electricity, your automobile, your doctor and your hospital, your school, your school buses any time any where and you will gladly foot the bills?? is that what you are saying?

Those checkpoints have been around for years. Everybody gets stopped.

Bullshit. The checkpoints aren't effective at all. Only the most incompetent coyotes go through a checkpoint or get stopped.
If there is someone in the car without ID that is not a child, expect to pull over to the side and wait awhile.

Nope.

'Officer, am I being detained or am I free to go? What reasonable cause do you have to suspect I am committing any crime? Why have you stopped me today? Am I being detained under suspicion, sir, or may I be on my way? Thank you, officer. Have a nice day.'

Only the driver can be checked to ensure they possess a DL and are authorized to be operating the machine. See my earlier link to FlexYourRights.

You can cite all the websites you wish, but until you have gone through a checkpoint on I10 with a navajo man in your car and been detained fro 3 hours until they find his census number like I have, your statement is pure ideology.
In the real world you will be detainned, Oh you can sue later, but you will be detained.
Been there, done that.

i'm not against law enforcement, and i don't think most people are. but what we all want is smarter law enforcement, and more accountability for these people to avoid the kind of common scenario you're talking about.

How about protecting our rights?

You guys want limited government, but only for yourself.

From the article...
The law requires state and local police to determine the status of people if there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are illegal immigrants and to arrest people who are unable to provide documentation proving they are in the country legally.

It also makes it a crime to transport someone who is an illegal immigrant and to hire day laborers off the street.

Please explain how this violates the rights of US Citizens.... Thanks.

Um... let's see, they are going to be profiling people who have citizenship. And we all know reasonal suspicion means, if they look hispanic. There are plenty of hispanics in Arizona who are citizens. I am not a lawyer, but in my opinion this violates our 4th amendment rights all the way around.

Well then...if I was a citizen I would make sure I had the proper ID on me when I left the house ESPECIALLY if I look like someone the police are looking for.

At any rate I'm sure they let you go without doing anything...

Actually, they spoke to us for a few seconds and started to leave. Then one of them finally noticed the Air Force sticker on the windshield and ended up speaking to my father for a few moments about some bullshit (I wasn't paying attention).

Then we went home.

How about protecting our rights?

You guys want limited government, but only for yourself.

From the article...
The law requires state and local police to determine the status of people if there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are illegal immigrants and to arrest people who are unable to provide documentation proving they are in the country legally.

It also makes it a crime to transport someone who is an illegal immigrant and to hire day laborers off the street.

Please explain how this violates the rights of US Citizens.... Thanks.

Um... let's see, they are going to be profiling people who have citizenship. And we all know reasonal suspicion means, if they look hispanic. There are plenty of hispanics in Arizona who are citizens. I am not a lawyer, but in my opinion this violates our 4th amendment rights all the way around.

That's fine... I'm just saying if I lived in AZ, I would rather have to show an id card and keep my family more safe than not show an id card and have illegal immigrants killing people and police officers... Just a difference of opinion I guess.

I've been stopped by border patrol before, you dolt.

The idiots came running up the side of the van with their hands on their pistols. I looked at them and said 'good thing we're not Coyotes or I'd've shot you through the back window, you idiots.' We were on our way back from Sierra Vista.

I told my pops to just tell them 'No Habla No Habla!' but he wasn't game.

I hope they threw your punk ass on the ground for being a fucking smart ass. At any rate I'm sure they let you go without doing anything...

Now...I like how you extrapolated a whole bunch of bullshit from the article in the OP...care to enlighten us on how you are able to get that part of your brain which lives in Wonderland to function in reality?

I doubt he said that to the cops..... He probably shit his pants because he IS an illegal...

Oh yeah, baby, wetback all the way :rolleyes:

Bullshit. The checkpoints aren't effective at all. Only the most incompetent coyotes go through a checkpoint or get stopped.

Nope.

'Officer, am I being detained or am I free to go? What reasonable cause do you have to suspect I am committing any crime? Why have you stopped me today? Am I being detained under suspicion, sir, or may I be on my way? Thank you, officer. Have a nice day.'

Only the driver can be checked to ensure they possess a DL and are authorized to be operating the machine. See my earlier link to FlexYourRights.

You can cite all the websites you wish, but until you have gone through a checkpoint on I10 with a navajo man in your car and been detained fro 3 hours until they find his census number like I have, your statement is pure ideology.
In the real world you will be detainned, Oh you can sue later, but you will be detained.
Been there, done that.

i'm not against law enforcement, and i don't think most people are. but what we all want is smarter law enforcement, and more accountability for these people to avoid the kind of common scenario you're talking about.

I agree that smarter law enforcement would be better than what we have going on now.

The Arizona law will require ID checks on anyone who's stopped..
Fail.

They can only cask for ID if they can detain you. If they aren't prepared to place you in custody and take you downtown, you don't have to give them an ID.

if this law weren't designed and intended to be used against hispanics, it wouldn't be marketed as an anti-immigration bill.

I've been asked for ID by ICE before when travelling North on I-5...and they had NO GROUNDS to detain me.
You were not legally required to give them your ID.

The standards for being required to provide identification (reasonable suspicion of the commission of a crime) are the same as those for being detained.

i hope they threw your punk ass on the ground for being a fucking smart ass. At any rate i'm sure they let you go without doing anything...

Now...i like how you extrapolated a whole bunch of bullshit from the article in the op...care to enlighten us on how you are able to get that part of your brain which lives in wonderland to function in reality?

i doubt he said that to the cops..... He probably shit his pants because he is an illegal...

oh yeah, baby, wetback all the way :rolleyes:

bigot!!!!

I don't care if it doesnt state hispanics in the bill, I am not okay with feeling like I am in Iraq or something. I also don't like the fact the Police could pull me over just because they want to.

Look. There is a problem in AZ. You have to take measures to protect the State and it's territorial integrity. If it means I'm driving through the State and get stopped at an immigration checkpoint LIKE THOSE THAT EXIST ALL OVER CALI and have to show ID then so be it. I'm willing to put up with that inconvenience knowing that illegal aliens and drug smugglers are being arrested and imprisoned....and if you feel like you're in Iraq then you just made the case FOR this law.

How is it making the case for this law? My point is I think the law makes it more like Iraq.

And when we start giving up our rights, it doesn't matter how many smugglers are caught.
The Washington border has more smugglers crossing over than any other part of the northern border, and we do not have check points. We also have a large illegal population due to Apple and other farming. I am also alright with the fact we don't have check points, or laws like this.
I also think the people for this going around accusing liberals of wanting too much government in their lives.

What right are you giving up when you are co-operating in a law enforcement effort to thwart drug trafficking and illegal immigration?

Fail.

The standards for being required to provide identification (reasonable suspicion of the commission of a crime) are the same as those for being detained.

Once again you are mistaken...there are SEVERAL SCOTUS cases that set precedent for the Police being able to ask you for ID if they have a reasonable suspicion that you MAY have or HAVE NOT committed a crime.

Don't believe all that La Raza racist crap you have laying around your house.

What needs to be done is them cracking down on the bigger businesses who hire the illegals, not the day laborer's in front home depot.

Nothing robs American cititzens of their rights more than the treasure stolen from them by illegals, by the home invasions and murders done by illegals, and by human trafficking and drug trafficking, done by illegals, and Luissa is fine with these activities.. our government is to serve and protect American citizens,, not the illegals who would rob us and do us harm.

Once again you are mistaken...there are SEVERAL SCOTUS cases that set precedent for the Police being able to ask you for ID if they have a reasonable suspicion that you MAY have or HAVE NOT committed a crime.

Don't believe all that La Raza racist crap you have laying around your house.
Reasonable suspicion you might not be committing a crime?

I get the distinct impression you're illiterate.

Forum List

Back