Arizona passes tough illegal immigration law

I guess brown people now have to carry papers where ever they go now.

Oh yeah I guess that would be racist.

I guess all people who live or travel in Arizona have to carry papers where ever they go.

That should spark tourism

Its people who are here illegally which can be anyone. Why are you assuming that all illegals are hispanic? What kind of person are you?

I don't assume all terrorists look like Tim McVeigh, but some do, so in the interests of safety I think everyone should be subject to search of person, home, vehicle, property, at any time, for any reason,

without probable cause being necessary.

OK???

No answer? jeez I'm stumping people left and right this week...okay...

without objection, the motion passes. Everyone is liable to be searched anytime any place without cause.

Um... let's see, they are going to be profiling people who have citizenship. And we all know reasonal suspicion means, if they look hispanic. There are plenty of hispanics in Arizona who are citizens. I am not a lawyer, but in my opinion this violates our 4th amendment rights all the way around.

That's fine... I'm just saying if I lived in AZ, I would rather have to show an id card and keep my family more safe than not show an id card and have illegal immigrants killing people and police officers... Just a difference of opinion I guess.

showing an ID card would be great, because it would force immigration officers to look for something tangible, rather than apply wildly varying subjective opinions. in my experience, immigration officers at checkpoints are some of the most unprofessional people i've ever seen in law enforcement.

True, but have you ever had to deal with them when they say, sir, could you please pull over there for a closer look.

Wastes about an hour and it sucks in the heat.

What needs to be done is them cracking down on the bigger businesses who hire the illegals, not the day laborer's in front home depot.

If you know of someplace, give 'em a ring

1-866-DHS-2-ICE

I hear you, but to think cops are now going to concentrate on those day laborers and they are going to go after people who hire a guy to work on his front yard, vice them going after businesses who hire them and entice them to come here in the first place makes no sense.

Day laborers don't come here to be day laborers, they come here for the dream of getting a half way decent job, and a lot of them get them because some American hired them.

It may not say hispanic, but I highly doubt the bill will stand up.

The Arizona Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that criminal charges can be dropped in cases where police officers stop motorists because of their race.

Justice Andrew Hurwitz wrote in the unanimous decision that a state can neither write laws that apply only to people of certain races, nor selectively enforce the law according to race, a practice commonly referred to as racial profiling. advertisement

"A state can no more make 'driving while Black' a crime by means of its enforcement than it could by express law," he wrote.

State high court says racial profiling can get cases tossed

In other words, they repeated what SCOTUS already said in the Chinese laundry case

Yick Wo v. Hopkins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What needs to be done is them cracking down on the bigger businesses who hire the illegals, not the day laborer's in front home depot.

If you know of someplace, give 'em a ring

1-866-DHS-2-ICE

I called a construction company in central Washington where most of the illegals live, where a guy was using my SSN to work. Of course they knew nothing about it.:eusa_liar:
Call ICE

How can anyone who rabbles on about small government and such be for such a oppressive law? Big Brother would be proud of such a law.

This'll be overturned in the first appellate court it reaches

the only way to make it even remotely legit is to require all persons to carry identification at all times

which just raises a whole new set of issues

There is no prohibition against states passing this kind of law. Sorry it will stay.

what do you know about chinese laundries in wooden buildings?

This'll be overturned in the first appellate court it reaches

the only way to make it even remotely legit is to require all persons to carry identification at all times

which just raises a whole new set of issues

There is no prohibition against states passing this kind of law. Sorry it will stay.

Your racism really has no bounds.

citing a SCOTUS ruling against racist implementation of laws that sets a legal precedent for the overturning of a law that's likely to abused in a similar matter makes me a racist?

Really now? Is that the only thing you can do- call anyone who disagrees with you a racist?

citing a SCOTUS ruling against racist implementation of laws that sets a legal precedent for the overturning of a law that's likely to abused in a similar matter makes me a racist?

Really now? Is that the only thing you can do- call anyone who disagrees with you a racist?

You are a racist for assuming that chinese have laundries.

I could care less if it hurts somebody's feelings to prove that they are not an illegal alien. The only people this should really bother is the illegal aliens and those that coddle them. I also think that once it is established that they are in the country illegally, they should immediately be taken to the border and promptly tossed back into their "legal" country of residence. Fuck 'em. Enough is enough. I aplaude Arizona for taking action (be it right or wrong) to correct a problem that the Federal government has no interest in solving. I hope more States quickly do the same.

You are a racist for assuming that chinese have laundries.
Why are you so retarded?

Why are you a hater?

The Chinese Civilization is more than just laundries....:rolleyes:

right...

so someone cites legal precedent and your only response is to call them a racist?

This bill will be overturned or rewritten.

Precedent has been cited and the anti-american crowd has only one failed rebuttal: 'racist'

I could care less if it hurts somebody's feelings to prove that they are not an illegal alien. The only people this should really bother is the illegal aliens and those that coddle them. I also think that once it is established that they are in the country illegally, they should immediately be taken to the border and promptly tossed back into their "legal" country of residence. Fuck 'em. Enough is enough. I aplaude Arizona for taking action (be it right or wrong) to correct a problem that the Federal government has no interest in solving. I hope more States quickly do the same.

Exactly, if you are citizen or legal alien, whats there to worry about?

Ame®icano;2230287 said:

If you're doing nothing wrong in your home, what's there to worry about if the cops do random searches?

Your argument has been rejected in the courts before.

Ame®icano;2230287 said:

If you're doing nothing wrong in your home, what's there to worry about if the cops do random searches?

Your argument has been rejected in the courts before.

Nothing, if I am doing nothing wrong, there are no random search of my homes. But if I do, and they have a warrant, they have every right to do so.

Now, who's talking about random identification of people?

Nothing, if I am doing nothing wrong, there are no random search of my homes.

Exactly, because your argument was rejected a long time ago.

The entire point of this bill is to provide an excuse to card random brown people (hence the 'immigration' sales pitch) because they seem 'suspicious'

Nothing, if I am doing nothing wrong, there are no random search of my homes.

Exactly, because your argument was rejected a long time ago.

The entire point of this bill is to provide an excuse to card random brown people (hence the 'immigration' sales pitch) because they seem 'suspicious'

Where does the bill says to ID brown people?

Forum List

Back