Arizona passes tough illegal immigration law

Good. They should use the AZ law as a blue print for Immigration reform....the Dems are so hell bent on expanding the size of government let's hire 50,000 Border patrol agents to secure the southern border and fight the mexican drug gangs.

Democrats are all for expanding the Government....except for when it comes to protecting the country....:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Both parties keep expanding the Fed.

Let not partisanship blind you.

The Arizona law will require ID checks on anyone who's stopped..
Fail.

Read the OP and have an understanding of law.

They can only cask for ID if they can detain you. If they aren't prepared to place you in custody and take you downtown, you don't have to give them an ID.

if this law weren't designed and intended to be used against hispanics, it wouldn't be marketed as an anti-immigration bill.

So you are alright with racial profiling?
This kind of sounds like something that would happen in Iraq to me, next thing you know we are going to have check points.
I also highly doubt this will stand up in court.

We already have 'check points' in Arizona. Just North of Sierra Vista, Just south of Tucson, Just east Of Yuma, Just west of Deming, and that's just a partial list.
Those checkpoints have been around for years. Everybody gets stopped. Most get their id's checked, some get their vehicles searched. If there is someone in the car without ID that is not a child, expect to pull over to the side and wait awhile.
No, you are not required to carry Id all the time, but those that forgot their Driver's license and got pulled over will tell you it's a good idea. Those that have family members that went missing and were never found will also tell you that finding a wallet with an Id on a body saves the family a lot of grief.
Most laws get challenged at least once in court, let's see what happens.

Be real here. A any hispanic, especially one who is dark and/or has an accent can be stopped as a suspected illegal entrant and detained if they don't have their identification, under this law.

It will be overturned, as written, as racially discriminatory.

Lies as interpreted through the eyes of a racist.....
The Arizona law will require ID checks on anyone who's stopped....show me ANYWHERE in this Bill where it singles out people of hispanic origin by name.

I don't care if it doesnt state hispanics in the bill, I am not okay with feeling like I am in Iraq or something. I also don't like the fact the Police could pull me over just because they want to.

Look. There is a problem in AZ. You have to take measures to protect the State and it's territorial integrity. If it means I'm driving through the State and get stopped at an immigration checkpoint LIKE THOSE THAT EXIST ALL OVER CALI and have to show ID then so be it. I'm willing to put up with that inconvenience knowing that illegal aliens and drug smugglers are being arrested and imprisoned....and if you feel like you're in Iraq then you just made the case FOR this law.

Last edited:
Good. They should use the AZ law as a blue print for Immigration reform....the Dems are so hell bent on expanding the size of government let's hire 50,000 Border patrol agents to secure the southern border and fight the mexican drug gangs.

Democrats are all for expanding the Government....except for when it comes to protecting the country....:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

securing the border and fighting the drug gangs are two different things.

Those checkpoints have been around for years. Everybody gets stopped.

Bullshit. The checkpoints aren't effective at all. Only the most incompetent coyotes go through a checkpoint or get stopped.
If there is someone in the car without ID that is not a child, expect to pull over to the side and wait awhile.

Nope.

'Officer, am I being detained or am I free to go? What reasonable cause do you have to suspect I am committing any crime? Why have you stopped me today? Am I being detained under suspicion, sir, or may I be on my way? Thank you, officer. Have a nice day.'

Only the driver can be checked to ensure they possess a DL and are authorized to be operating the machine. See my earlier link to FlexYourRights.

The Arizona law will require ID checks on anyone who's stopped..
Fail.

Read the OP and have an understanding of law.

They can only cask for ID if they can detain you. If they aren't prepared to place you in custody and take you downtown, you don't have to give them an ID.

if this law weren't designed and intended to be used against hispanics, it wouldn't be marketed as an anti-immigration bill.

Do you know the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration or is that some kind of partisan propaganda showing there?
The title of the article linked in the OP;
"Arizona passes tough illegal immigration law"
from;
Arizona passes tough illegal immigration law | Reuters

Where is it labeled an "anti-immigration law besides your post?

This bill effectively requires members of a certain race to have identification at all times. As written, it will be judged racially discriminatory as soon as it hits the appellate courts.

What "certain race" is that?

Be real here. A any hispanic, especially one who is dark and/or has an accent can be stopped as a suspected illegal entrant and detained if they don't have their identification, under this law.

It will be overturned, as written, as racially discriminatory.

First, I'm not sure what you mean by "hispanic"

WTF kind of racist are you: "especially 'one' who is dark?"

Those checkpoints have been around for years. Everybody gets stopped.

Bullshit. The checkpoints aren't effective at all. Only the most incompetent coyotes go through a checkpoint or get stopped.
If there is someone in the car without ID that is not a child, expect to pull over to the side and wait awhile.

Nope.

'Officer, am I being detained or am I free to go? What reasonable cause do you have to suspect I am committing any crime? Why have you stopped me today? Am I being detained under suspicion, sir, or may I be on my way? Thank you, officer. Have a nice day.'

Only the driver can be checked to ensure they possess a DL and are authorized to be operating the machine. See my earlier link to FlexYourRights.

You can cite all the websites you wish, but until you have gone through a checkpoint on I10 with a navajo man in your car and been detained fro 3 hours until they find his census number like I have, your statement is pure ideology.
In the real world you will be detainned, Oh you can sue later, but you will be detained.
Been there, done that.

So you are alright with racial profiling?
This kind of sounds like something that would happen in Iraq to me, next thing you know we are going to have check points.
I also highly doubt this will stand up in court.

At a certain point it becomes necessary... Safety of the people is more important than political correctness... sorry you disagree... Just like at the airport... No need to waste time frisking little old ladies until they are the ones blowing up planes...

I also want to know how this doesn't violate the 4th amendment? How do they establish probable cause without racial profiling?

How about protecting our rights?

You guys want limited government, but only for yourself.

[

Let me google that for you

You're an idiot.

Mexicans come in two main types: the light-skinned mexicans are descended from the Spaniards (like my Nana), Italians, or other Europeans.

The dark-skinned mexicans (like my grandfather) are descended from the natives

Those who are darker are more likely to be stopped as suspected illegals than Whites of Mexican descent.

You're simple, aren't you, Jack?

I've been stopped by border patrol before, you dolt.

The idiots came running up the side of the van with their hands on their pistols. I looked at them and said 'good thing we're not Coyotes or I'd've shot you through the back window, you idiots.' We were on our way back from Sierra Vista.

I told my pops to just tell them 'No Habla No Habla!' but he wasn't game.

From the article...
The law requires state and local police to determine the status of people if there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are illegal immigrants and to arrest people who are unable to provide documentation proving they are in the country legally.

It also makes it a crime to transport someone who is an illegal immigrant and to hire day laborers off the street.

Please explain how this violates the rights of US Citizens.... Thanks.

Lies as interpreted through the eyes of a racist.....
The Arizona law will require ID checks on anyone who's stopped....show me ANYWHERE in this Bill where it singles out people of hispanic origin by name.

I don't care if it doesnt state hispanics in the bill, I am not okay with feeling like I am in Iraq or something. I also don't like the fact the Police could pull me over just because they want to.

Look. There is a problem in AZ. You have to take measures to protect the State and it's territorial integrity. If it means I'm driving through the State and get stopped at an immigration checkpoint LIKE THOSE THAT EXIST ALL OVER CALI and have to show ID then so be it. I'm willing to put up with that inconvenience knowing that illegal aliens and drug smugglers are being arrested and imprisoned....and if you feel like you're in Iraq then you just made the case FOR this law.

How is it making the case for this law? My point is I think the law makes it more like Iraq.

And when we start giving up our rights, it doesn't matter how many smugglers are caught.
The Washington border has more smugglers crossing over than any other part of the northern border, and we do not have check points. We also have a large illegal population due to Apple and other farming. I am also alright with the fact we don't have check points, or laws like this.
I also think the people for this going around accusing liberals of wanting too much government in their lives.

[

Let me google that for you

You're an idiot.

Mexicans come in two main types: the light-skinned mexicans are descended from the Spaniards (like my Nana), Italians, or other Europeans.

The dark-skinned mexicans (like my grandfather) are descended from the natives

Those who are darker are more likely to be stopped as suspected illegals than Whites of Mexican descent.

You're simple, aren't you, Jack?

No, I'm just not a bigot like you've clearly proven that you are, because you choose to divide people into "light-skinned" and "dark-skinned" mexicans.

Just because you belong to the KKK doesn't mean everyone else goes through life ignorantly subdividing humans by the color of their skins.

I've been stopped by border patrol before, you dolt.

The idiots came running up the side of the van with their hands on their pistols. I looked at them and said 'good thing we're not Coyotes or I'd've shot you through the back window, you idiots.' We were on our way back from Sierra Vista.

I told my pops to just tell them 'No Habla No Habla!' but he wasn't game.

I hope they threw your punk ass on the ground for being a fucking smart ass. At any rate I'm sure they let you go without doing anything...

Now...I like how you extrapolated a whole bunch of bullshit from the article in the OP...care to enlighten us on how you are able to get that part of your brain which lives in Wonderland to function in reality?

From the article...
The law requires state and local police to determine the status of people if there is "reasonable suspicion" that they are illegal immigrants and to arrest people who are unable to provide documentation proving they are in the country legally.

It also makes it a crime to transport someone who is an illegal immigrant and to hire day laborers off the street.

Please explain how this violates the rights of US Citizens.... Thanks.

Um... let's see, they are going to be profiling people who have citizenship. And we all know reasonal suspicion means, if they look hispanic. There are plenty of hispanics in Arizona who are citizens. I am not a lawyer, but in my opinion this violates our 4th amendment rights all the way around.

Forum List

Back