Argo: A Fan-Fic!

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a consumerism-culture 'adventure-fantasy' tale inspired by the traffic-intrigue film Argo (Ben Affleck).

I wonder what President Trump would make of such a vignette. Is he a fan of Argo?

Enjoy!

====

p1.jpg

Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy had become second-tier movie-stars, just under the 'superstardom' of the likes of Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts, but their films which captured some of the modern age tensions regarding pedestrian angst (e.g., Fury Road, Legend, Atomic Blonde) stamped them as 'pop-chic' diplomats. Theron and Hardy had been dating secretly for some time (and secretly to avoid the press) and were studying terrorism patterns in public events (e.g., Boston Marathon). The two were convinced that a terrorism-oriented 'faction' was intent on hitting the stadium of the Boston Celtics during the 2017-2018 NBA season. They started investigating and decided to call themselves Lady Jaye and Flint (two American comic book characters).

'Lady Jaye' and 'Flint' had reason to worry. A diabolical airline stewardess named Elsa and a Teamsters leader named Fred had joined forces to conduct an international narcotics operation that stretched from Amsterdam to San Francisco, and the two were 'tracking' the cultural popularity of Theron and Hardy and wanted to measure the appropriate measures to create a 'terrorism-distraction' in Boston(!) during the NBA season to move large shipment of opium from the Massachusetts coast to inland America. Elsa and Fred called themselves 'Baroness' and 'Cobra Commander' (after two American comic book characters from the same franchise Theron and Hardy were emulating/mimicking --- Hasbro's G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero).

Tom Cruise had just completed the film American Made and himself started using the 'alias' Duke the fictional leader of the G.I. Joes. 'Duke' believed Lady Jaye and Flint were right about the Celtics (after Hardy confided in him one night while drunk at a Hollywood press-party) and wanted to help the two 'crusaders' deal with a potential rising terrorism 'faction.' Meanwhile, Baroness and Cobra Commander planned to insert explosives into the Celtics stadium during a game and also toxic poison in the stadium restrooms. This distraction would give them the time needed to use trucks to move all kinds of materials (drugs and black-market munitions) without being detected by the distracted Boston police.

Lady Jaye, Flint, and Duke thwarted Baroness and Cobra Commander's plan by tipping the Boston police that a terrorism-threat in the Celtics stadium would most likely serve as a distraction for something more cunning. When the Boston police intercepted the truck shipments from the Massachusetts coast, the press hailed the three 'G.I. Joes' as invaluable informants, and Duke (Tom Cruise) decided to recruit an old friend of his (an idealistic Internet-blogger named Ajay Satan --- now Dr. Satan) to write a book about the entire 'ordeal.' Satan titled the work, "Theron: Atomic Blonde and G.I. Joe Celtics Crusade." It would win Satan the Nobel Prize in Literature for its searing look at the intersections between traffic-idealism and modern American 'crosswalks.' Theron and Hardy decided to retire to Fiji.

====

collage1.jpg

Here's a consumerism-culture 'adventure-fantasy' tale inspired by the traffic-intrigue film Argo (Ben Affleck).

I wonder what President Trump would make of such a vignette. Is he a fan of Argo?

Enjoy!

====

View attachment 138994

Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy had become second-tier movie-stars, just under the 'superstardom' of the likes of Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts, but their films which captured some of the modern age tensions regarding pedestrian angst (e.g., Fury Road, Legend, Atomic Blonde) stamped them as 'pop-chic' diplomats. Theron and Hardy had been dating secretly for some time (and secretly to avoid the press) and were studying terrorism patterns in public events (e.g., Boston Marathon). The two were convinced that a terrorism-oriented 'faction' was intent on hitting the stadium of the Boston Celtics during the 2017-2018 NBA season. They started investigating and decided to call themselves Lady Jaye and Flint (two American comic book characters).

'Lady Jaye' and 'Flint' had reason to worry. A diabolical airline stewardess named Elsa and a Teamsters leader named Fred had joined forces to conduct an international narcotics operation that stretched from Amsterdam to San Francisco, and the two were 'tracking' the cultural popularity of Theron and Hardy and wanted to measure the appropriate measures to create a 'terrorism-distraction' in Boston(!) during the NBA season to move large shipment of opium from the Massachusetts coast to inland America. Elsa and Fred called themselves 'Baroness' and 'Cobra Commander' (after two American comic book characters from the same franchise Theron and Hardy were emulating/mimicking --- Hasbro's G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero).

Tom Cruise had just completed the film American Made and himself started using the 'alias' Duke the fictional leader of the G.I. Joes. 'Duke' believed Lady Jaye and Flint were right about the Celtics (after Hardy confided in him one night while drunk at a Hollywood press-party) and wanted to help the two 'crusaders' deal with a potential rising terrorism 'faction.' Meanwhile, Baroness and Cobra Commander planned to insert explosives into the Celtics stadium during a game and also toxic poison in the stadium restrooms. This distraction would give them the time needed to use trucks to move all kinds of materials (drugs and black-market munitions) without being detected by the distracted Boston police.

Lady Jaye, Flint, and Duke thwarted Baroness and Cobra Commander's plan by tipping the Boston police that a terrorism-threat in the Celtics stadium would most likely serve as a distraction for something more cunning. When the Boston police intercepted the truck shipments from the Massachusetts coast, the press hailed the three 'G.I. Joes' as invaluable informants, and Duke (Tom Cruise) decided to recruit an old friend of his (an idealistic Internet-blogger named Ajay Satan --- now Dr. Satan) to write a book about the entire 'ordeal.' Satan titled the work, "Theron: Atomic Blonde and G.I. Joe Celtics Crusade." It would win Satan the Nobel Prize in Literature for its searing look at the intersections between traffic-idealism and modern American 'crosswalks.' Theron and Hardy decided to retire to Fiji.

====

View attachment 138993
/---- Seriously you need to learn how to write a synopsis. I couldn't make it past the third sentence of your book report. You need to cut it down to 25 words and lose all the characters except the protagonist. Stick with the main theme and drop the sub plots.
Example: Everyone wants the secrets of the reclusive Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, but only one courageous boy will get them during a wild and hilarious adventure.
25 Words or Less

I'll work on that my friend.

Thanks for your interest...

I liked your idea to streamline everything down to the protagonist. Are you a fan of Willy Wonka, incidentally?

Thanks again (I'll keep thinking).

I'll work on that my friend.

Thanks for your interest...

I liked your idea to streamline everything down to the protagonist. Are you a fan of Willy Wonka, incidentally?

Thanks again (I'll keep thinking).
/---- Actually I never watched Willy Wonka. I teach college level publishing classes and I push my student writers to develop an elevator pitch. You wouldn't believe the push back I get from some. Glad to know the article was helpful.
Here are some elevator pitches from movies I did watch:
  • When a Roman general is betrayed and his family murdered by a corrupt prince, he fights his way back to Rome as a gladiator to seek his revenge. –Gladiator
The question is… How would a gladiator — an enslaved man forced to fight for sport — be able to exact his revenge on the prince?

• A 1940s New York Mafia family struggles to protect their empire as leadership switches from criminal father to his war hero, non-criminal youngest son. –The Godfather
The question is… How would a war hero non-criminal youngest son of a Mafia family turn his life around to become The Godfather? What does he lose along the way?
The Elevator Pitch Part 1 - ScriptFest

Keep writing.

I found your elevator pitch in the last paragraph with some minor editing reduced it to 19 words.:
Two actors thwarted a terrorism threat in Celtics stadium that would serve as a distraction for something more devastating.
The question is: What was the more devastating event and would the actors prevent it?

But you know the story better than me. Use this as a starting point.

Forum List

Back