arg--I'm agreeing with dems AND McCain

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
We need some straight numbers about training Iraqi troops--numbers vary from 4,000 to 140,000. This number is no big military secret ! They have what they have and everyone OVER THERE knows what they have. If we are going to start talking about withdrawing troops (stupid idea) I'd sure like to know how many are actually trained armed ready and willing.

If we pull out now, it has to be with the explicit understanding that if a hostile government pops up here again, with nukes, or harboring terrorism, we will nuke it. No questions asked. this is about our security as much as it is about a better society for Iraqis.

rtwngAvngr said:
If we pull out now, it has to be with the explicit understanding that if a hostile government pops up here again, with nukes, or harboring terrorism, we will nuke it. No questions asked. this is about our security as much as it is about a better society for Iraqis.

Uh, what?

"The United States, on the eve of our withdrawl from Iraqi, militarily and politically, issues the following statement to the region: if a government hostile to American interests arises and harbors terrorism, we will drop a nuclear bomb on 'it', which is to say, we will lay nuclear waste to Baghdad and its millions of innocent residents."

:salute:

rtwngAvngr said:

How about we just stay there instead and send 10,000 more troops everytime some bomber decides to act up.

Either we fix the society from the inside out, or we have to be willing to destroy it when it comes after us. It's basic survival.

I don't know what all the fretting is about, I'm just laying out the options.

Oh and we can't forget NE's option of just letting muslim dictators take over the world.

rtwngAvngr said:
Either we fix the society from the inside out, or we have to be willing to destroy it when it comes after us. It's basic survival.

I don't know what all the fretting is about, I'm just laying out the options.

Oh and we can't forget NE's option of just letting muslim dictators take over the world.

I'm not for taking the nukes off the table but Blair has layed down the line as far what GB will accept and NOT accept . I think it's a pretty damn good edict and wish we had it here. We need some real damn consequences for the crazy ass bombers in Iraq and all I can think of is MORE troops. If they REALLY want us outta there , terror strikes wont only NOT work but bring MORE troops.

dilloduck said:
I'm not for taking the nukes off the table but Blair has layed down the line as far what GB will accept and NOT accept . I think it's a pretty damn good edict and wish we had it here. We need some real damn consequences for the crazy ass bombers in Iraq and all I can think of is MORE troops. If they REALLY want us outta there , terror strikes wont only NOT work but bring MORE troops.

I don't know what we're supposed to do if regular iraqis don't stand up to the terrorist element. These iraqis are so victimized by these terrorists. They're not used to standing up for anything. They just lay low.

If we can't fix these societies, we just have to contain them.

rtwngAvngr said:
I don't know what we're supposed to do if regular iraqis don't stand up to the terrorist element. These iraqis are so victimized by these terrorists. They're not used to standing up for anything. They just lay low.

If we can't fix these societies, we just have to contain them.

I'm feeling uneasy about thier ability to pull anything together--they have been at each other for years for stupid ass religious reasons. Saddam "babysat" them by killing and torturing. We just need to find a kinder gentler way to stick em in "time out". Big fricken PERMANENT BASES with long ass runways !! We did it in Japan and Germany and it worked quite well ! Leaving no one there is stupid and will result leaving us feel like we did at the end of Nam. We simply cannot do that again.

Forum List

Back