Aren't all gun control laws unconstitutional?

.....this is undeniable---employers limit free speech and the government/constitution can't do anything about it

More to the point, employers are well aware of registered firearms when they do background checks, and most have an unwritten policy of refusing to hire gun owners or firing an employee who purchases a firearm.

Landlords refuse to rent to gun owners, and and evict renters who purchase firearms.

Banks refuse to lend to homebuyers who own guns, and foreclose on homeowners who purchase firearms.

All the local cops are on their side, too.

No employer or landlord knows if you own a gun.
the employer can also limit your rights by having a gun free area

What part about the Bill of rights only pertaining to the government do you not understand?
?what?
your employer can deny you the right to bring a gun to work---plain and simple
you DON'T have a right to bear arms in their area

We covered that earlier. An employer can prevent you from carrying a weapon on their private property. In Georgia, the employer cannot keep you from having a weapon in your car unless the parking lot is fenced and the general public is not allowed access to it.

?what?
That's an interesting one. Employers get corporate. Big time corporate when it comes to guns. They collaborate with local police to search your home while you are at work. If the bosses find your guns they are likely to order a hit on you and have you murdered if they can't frame you on some felony charge or another.

More to the point, employers are well aware of registered firearms when they do background checks, and most have an unwritten policy of refusing to hire gun owners or firing an employee who purchases a firearm.

Landlords refuse to rent to gun owners, and and evict renters who purchase firearms.

Banks refuse to lend to homebuyers who own guns, and foreclose on homeowners who purchase firearms.

What part about the Bill of rights only pertaining to the government do you not understand?
?what?

We covered that earlier. An employer can prevent you from carrying a weapon on their private property. In Georgia, the employer cannot keep you from having a weapon in your car unless the parking lot is fenced and the general public is not allowed access to it.
what's your point?

?what?

what's your point?

It refuted a point you made in error. No offense intended.

The laws say one thing; the system employs them in a different way. My biggest point is, if the laws protecting our Rights aren't being enforced, it's because we don't do anything besides bitch about the status quo.

This is not entirely true. In some jurisdictions your firearm license is a matter of public record.

I have a CC permit that might be public record but that is not proof that I own any firearms

When companies find out, they can still discriminate against you. The pro-gun organizations should be willing to fight like the people in the civil rights movement did to rectify the situation. Society can't discriminate against gay people, black people, people of a religious sect, or political persuasion. It doesn't make sense why people who avail themselves of an individual Right to keep and bear Arms should be treated any differently, but there are no specific laws protecting gun owners. Why is that?

I have yet to see a background check on an employee that says whether or not they own guns.

And the firing of an individual for no other reason than he has a carry permit will not stand legal scrutiny.

There is legal precedent for any employer to prohibit firearms on their property so if your employer says no guns allowed on company property you can be fired if you do not comply

Every state has different laws. Until a few years ago in Georgia if an employer said you could not carry a weapon, even in your car in the parking lot, then you absolutely could not do it.

Today, however, you CAN have your weapon in your car, regardless of whether or not an employer agrees. The only exception is if the employer fences in the property and only allows employees access to a company parking lot. As long as their parking lot is accessible to the public, you can have your weapon in the vehicle.

Here is a look at which states have public access laws to a ccw:

Chart: Gun permit data accessibility in all 50 states

If something is a matter of public record it is accessible to anyone doing a background check on you. People can look and then refuse you employment, services, loans, etc. without stating that as a reason.

I've never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

I have performed CORI checks on people and never once has any info regarding gun ownership been on any one of those checks. A basic landlord check does not contain that info either.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state and I doubt an employer is going to pay to have someone go to a state office and ask for gun permit records

How To Find Out If Someone Has A Gun Permit

If your state does allow public access to gun permit records, it’s not a matter of simply looking up the information online. You must make a formal request, either via your county clerk or state justice department.

This is not entirely true. In some jurisdictions your firearm license is a matter of public record.

I have a CC permit that might be public record but that is not proof that I own any firearms

When companies find out, they can still discriminate against you. The pro-gun organizations should be willing to fight like the people in the civil rights movement did to rectify the situation. Society can't discriminate against gay people, black people, people of a religious sect, or political persuasion. It doesn't make sense why people who avail themselves of an individual Right to keep and bear Arms should be treated any differently, but there are no specific laws protecting gun owners. Why is that?

I have yet to see a background check on an employee that says whether or not they own guns.

And the firing of an individual for no other reason than he has a carry permit will not stand legal scrutiny.

There is legal precedent for any employer to prohibit firearms on their property so if your employer says no guns allowed on company property you can be fired if you do not comply
...put another way--an employer can fire you for your speech--and the government can do nothing
..but if they fire you because of your race or religion, the government WILL get involved and kick the employer's a$$

That's because the first amendment only applies to the government not to an individual.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.

.....this is undeniable---employers limit free speech and the government/constitution can't do anything about it

?what?

Once again the Bill of Rights only applies to the government denying your rights not to an individual.

If a property owner tells you that you cannot carry guns on his property then you can't

This isn't rocket science

Every state has different laws. Until a few years ago in Georgia if an employer said you could not carry a weapon, even in your car in the parking lot, then you absolutely could not do it.

Today, however, you CAN have your weapon in your car, regardless of whether or not an employer agrees. The only exception is if the employer fences in the property and only allows employees access to a company parking lot. As long as their parking lot is accessible to the public, you can have your weapon in the vehicle.

If something is a matter of public record it is accessible to anyone doing a background check on you. People can look and then refuse you employment, services, loans, etc. without stating that as a reason.

I've never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

I have performed CORI checks on people and never once has any info regarding gun ownership been on any one of those checks. A basic landlord check does not contain that info either.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state and I doubt an employer is going to pay to have someone go to a state office and ask for gun permit records

If your state does allow public access to gun permit records, it’s not a matter of simply looking up the information online. You must make a formal request, either via your county clerk or state justice department.

Just because a task isn't easy or it requires one to get off their butt and go to the courthouse does not mean it cannot be done NOR that it isn't being done.

In the days before the Internet my brother worked for a company called Circuit City. They wanted to transfer him from sales to a warehouse management position for the same money. He didn't want the extra responsibility. Circuit City looked into his background and found that he had paid a fine for having thrown some firecrackers that were bound together (by their fuses) at a neighbor's dog. The case was 17 years old! My brother told me, "that happened when I was 17. I had forgotten about it until they brought it up."

Just because YOU haven't witnessed this stuff doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There is a man who spends his days documenting the political activities of those who do things like participate in marches - specifically, Charlottesville sticks out. Armed with evidence of their "racist" activities, this guy brings it to the attention of employers, banks / lending institutions, and anyone else in the neighborhood.

I've been asked the question of whether I own a firearm by potential employers and by doctors. Disbelieve all you want. If / when it happens, check back in with us.

never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state

Bullshit. Realitors & gentlemen have behind-the-scenes access to much, much more than a basic landlord check. Every detail of our private lives is recorded for posterity & instantly accessible in full detail to all of you fuckers without any extra fees or charges.

I've heard a lot of simple minded liberals say that the 2nd amendment says nothing about AR-15s

To me that means that they must not have been very condenser about them. In fact maybe they were sending us a message about everyone should own one.

I think that you have a good point. Glock should start mailing catalogs to prison inmates right away.

I've heard a lot of simple minded liberals say that the 2nd amendment says nothing about AR-15s

To me that means that they must not have been very condenser about them. In fact maybe they were sending us a message about everyone should own one.

I think that you have a good point. Glock should start mailing catalogs to prison inmates right away.

For all I know, they do. A catalog is not a gun, and probably not considered contraband in prison.

For all I know, they do. A catalog is not a gun, and probably not considered contraband in prison.

I think that you are missing the point.

Just because a task isn't easy or it requires one to get off their butt and go to the courthouse does not mean it cannot be done NOR that it isn't being done.

In the days before the Internet my brother worked for a company called Circuit City. They wanted to transfer him from sales to a warehouse management position for the same money. He didn't want the extra responsibility. Circuit City looked into his background and found that he had paid a fine for having thrown some firecrackers that were bound together (by their fuses) at a neighbor's dog. The case was 17 years old! My brother told me, "that happened when I was 17. I had forgotten about it until they brought it up."

Just because YOU haven't witnessed this stuff doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There is a man who spends his days documenting the political activities of those who do things like participate in marches - specifically, Charlottesville sticks out. Armed with evidence of their "racist" activities, this guy brings it to the attention of employers, banks / lending institutions, and anyone else in the neighborhood.

I've been asked the question of whether I own a firearm by potential employers and by doctors. Disbelieve all you want. If / when it happens, check back in with us.

How often is it being done?

Seriously how many times have you been denied a job because you own a gun and like I said all the info anyone can get from public records is whether or not you have some sort of permit there will be no info that proves you own any guns

And your brother had a CORI check done on him like millions of other people do so don't try to equate a criminal record check with your claims that you have been denied jobs because you own a gun

never been refused a loan or an apartment because I have a CC permit nor has anyone I have asked to bid ona job refused because I have CC permit.

There is no easy way to get the data on permits that are public record in any state

Bullshit. Realitors & gentlemen have behind-the-scenes access to much, much more than a basic landlord check. Every detail of our private lives is recorded for posterity & instantly accessible in full detail to all of you fuckers without any extra fees or charges.

Like what?

I've been a landlord for a long time so why don't you tell me how to get info on people for free.

I run credit checks, CORI checks and landlord checks and none of them have ever been free

How often is it being done?

Seriously how many times have you been denied a job because you own a gun and like I said all the info anyone can get from public records is whether or not you have some sort of permit there will be no info that proves you own any guns

And your brother had a CORI check done on him like millions of other people do so don't try to equate a criminal record check with your claims that you have been denied jobs because you own a gun

If I posted a hundred examples of people not getting a job because they own a firearm, you would STILL deny it. Just to prove you're full of yourself, let's do one. Can't wait for that snappy comeback instead of an apology admitting that it does happen. How many times does it happen where an anti-gun fanatic finds out via government records and finds ANOTHER pretext to get rid of an employee on? But then again (sarcasm intended), that would never happen.

Company Fires Employee For Having Gun...IN HIS OWN HOME - Bullets First

Like what?

I've been a landlord for a long time so why don't you tell me how to get info on people for free.

I run credit checks, CORI checks and landlord checks and none of them have ever been free

Nothing in life is free.

Aren't all gun control laws unconstitutional?

No

you don't have unlimited free speech rights
..you don't have unlimited rights for pursuit of happiness
you don't have unlimited rights
it's like the bible= can be interpreted many ways
it's like guidebooks=they can't write EVERYTHING in there=they are for GUIDance
written over 200 years ago !!! the world has CHANGED significantly
written by humans who are imperfect
written by males who believed slavery was ok and women shouldn't vote
etc etc
Shall not be infringed

Forum List