Are you prepared for an EMP attack?

How about this...

I got a fishing pole and some bait. I will just spend my day fishing while the rest of the world is rioting

Is there anything else I need to survive the EMP attack?

IF you live on the East Coast, especially New England, you do NOT want to try living on a steady diet of frech water fish.

The mercury pollution will kill you.

Yeah that's right, the SAFE diet of frech water fish for a grown man is that you can eat no more than two meals a month from fish caught in New England.

This thanks to the mercury pollution coming out of smokestacks in the midwest that burn coal, incidentlly.

Did everyone get a good look at the little demonstration, for our information, that occurred on November 9, 2010? Someone was trying to to either send a message, test a system of guidance and propulsion, or just having some expensive fun off the coast of California.

It could have just as easily have been an inbound with a nuke that detonated at a predetermined altitude. That would have caused an EMP that would take out at least a part of the power grid, communications, transportation, emergency response, etc., over a predetermined (depending on design) area of our nation.

And the military and the Commander in Chief did absolutely nothing to stop it. I am quite sure that they knew seconds after launch what it was, just as I am sure they knew the approximate trajectory it was taking. The thing that sticks in my mind is: why the big disinformation campaign? Do they really think that we are stupid enough to buy the "jet con trail" explanation?

How about this...

I got a fishing pole and some bait. I will just spend my day fishing while the rest of the world is rioting

Is there anything else I need to survive the EMP attack?

IF you live on the East Coast, especially New England, you do NOT want to try living on a steady diet of frech water fish.

The mercury pollution will kill you.

Yeah that's right, the SAFE diet of frech water fish for a grown man is that you can eat no more than two meals a month from fish caught in New England.

This thanks to the mercury pollution coming out of smokestacks in the midwest that burn coal, incidentlly.

Are you Frensh?

In the discussion about China, or some other country invading the US (which has been a VERY GOOD discussion), I was struck by how many seem to have not considered the probability of an EMP attack as the "new wave" in warfare. Much easier and less costly than "conventional warfare," and, to me at least, the logical MO for anyone truly targeting an attack on any "advanced" nation on the planet.

And even if no one is planning an EMP attack, we could still suffer the same affects due to a massive coronal ejection.

Have you prepared, and are you preparing for an EMP attack or massive coronal ejection?

It's been a long time since I enjoyed a "massive coronal ejection" but you never know.

I got a crank powered short wave radio, a CB radio & recently retired cell phones all wrapped in aluminum foil stuck inside my file cabinet drawer. That should take care of most of my communication needs. My pantry has always been well stocked. I have ammo, guns, gold, silver & currency in the safe. Got a swimming pool full of water that will work for drinking & cleaning. I also have an older diesel truck that does not rely on electronics to operate.

Last edited:
saw in interesting blurb in pop. mechanics a few years ago,( I will look for the link) a hostile nation or entity using a freighter or some such innocent looking ship of that relative size, could easily, build a leaf hatch in the deck, and underneath put a long range missile on a rail type launch track of a class say Nor Kor has, get within 30 miles of our coast, it set for an air burst at approx. 300 miles above Chicago and knock out the majority of the US's elec. grid.

That's the plot (more or less) of a Clive Cussler book...Vixen 03...from 1978.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"1954 Vixen 03 is down. The plane, bound for the south Pacific and bearing several canisters of a particularly virulent organism, vanishes. Believed ditched at sea, Vixen has in fact crashed into an ice-covered lake in Colorado. 1988.

Dirk Pitt, on holiday, discovers remnants of Vixen 03. The lethal canisters are raised - but they're not all accounted for. It turns out that two of them are in the hands of an African terrorist group. The group's mission: to attack nothing less than Washington, D.C. The catch is that the group is not aware that it will be firing anything but conventional missiles. But Pitt knows - and so does the president of the United States.

To complicate matters further, the World War II ghost ship bearing the catastrophic warheads up the Potomac cannot be blown out of the water. "

[/FONT]

In the discussion about China, or some other country invading the US (which has been a VERY GOOD discussion), I was struck by how many seem to have not considered the probability of an EMP attack as the "new wave" in warfare. Much easier and less costly than "conventional warfare," and, to me at least, the logical MO for anyone truly targeting an attack on any "advanced" nation on the planet.

And even if no one is planning an EMP attack, we could still suffer the same affects due to a massive coronal ejection.

Have you prepared, and are you preparing for an EMP attack or massive coronal ejection?
My core systems has been outfitted with Level II EMP/EMF shielding and an ERS to ensure a safe reboot in the event of electro-magnetic disruption. A Faraday Cage is built into the external walls of the compound and we've stocked up on manual can-openers, books, and old cars.

The rail-gun might get taken out, but the Kalashnikovs will get us through.

Last edited:
My core systems has been outfitted with Level II EMP/EMF shielding and a ERS to ensure a safe reboot in the event of electro-magnetic. A Faraday Cage is built into the external walls of the compound and we've stocked up on manual can-openers, books, and old cars.

The rail-gun might get taken out, but the Kalashnikovs will get us through.

There was a time when a condom was enough....

MIL-STD-464 compliant :thup:

cyborgbymojette.jpg

I'm reasonably sure we're prepared and certain any nation which considers such an attack on the US would add this

Trident II D-5 Missile Launch

to the metric when making such a decision.
can't fire that after the EMP.

Besides, the American military is the worst military on Earth. Even after it was clear we were under attack, some jackoffs with box cutters managed to elude NORAD detection, violate our most restricted airspace, and reach the pentagon without a single jet getting within range to shoot it down in accordance with standing policy.

You really think they could stop a real military strike? :cuckoo:

saw in interesting blurb in pop. mechanics a few years ago,( I will look for the link) a hostile nation or entity using a freighter or some such innocent looking ship of that relative size, could easily, build a leaf hatch in the deck, and underneath put a long range missile on a rail type launch track of a class say Nor Kor has, get within 30 miles of our coast, it set for an air burst at approx. 300 miles above Chicago and knock out the majority of the US's elec. grid.

Only 'cause we're too retarded to use a distributed grid

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energ...d-efficienct-energy-plan-seep-an-outline.html

Don't want that EMP fucking with my brain waves

Otherwise, I prepare for EMP like any other nuclear attack.....I don't

I didn't prepare for Y2K either

Like I said, we need folks like you too.

Good on ya!

I rest peacefully at night knowing that the United States is one mean, nasty, fucking son of a bitch when we are attacked. Any nation with the capability to launch a high altitude EMP attack on our mainland would find themselves quickly obliterated

If they managed to knock out our computers (or just our satellites), all our missiles and crap become pretty much useless.

And therein lies the rub.

We focus so much on who has the weaponry (and there are literally hundreds of organizations with enough weaponry to accomplish a devastating EMP attack on the US, China, Russia, or any large "superpower), and not on the delivery.

The weapons are simple. Anyone with enough money can get them.

Delivery is much more difficult.

I'm not sure one detonation can do it. Modern consensus seems to indicate it would take 4-6 to damage the grid to the point of long-term devastation (longer than 3 months, which is the flash-point for the majority on medication and support).
4-6 isn't much. Officially, Al Qaeda target four and hit three on 9/11. It's a matter of organization and coordination.

Rummy was on the Daily Show a few days ago, or maybe a week ago, and one of the things he said was there's this hypothetical study done called Operation Dark Winter, and it found something to the effect that smallpox could be planted in three major cities across the country and 100 million people, I think, would die within the year--either from the disease directly or from the collapse of our over-burdened medical system.

How do you prepare for such an event?

Well, seeing as smallpox only exists in U.S. Army laboratories...

It matters little if few others are prepared.

Wake up.

Too many prepared is not good either.

Resources would be VERY limited in a VERY short period of time.

Anarchy would be the norm. Whoever could control or contain it would rule the region.

Every civilization in the history of the world only prospered when trade was introduced. Thinking you're going to rule anything because you have guns or canned peas is rather naive.
Merchants will be armed. Else the armed will rob the merchants.

Civilized society has always needed a strong arm to enforce the rules when necessary.

Forum List

Back