Are you prepared for an EMP attack?

\
I understand exactly what it is..and I don't think it would cause the collapse of civilization. Like I pointed out..Humans are remarkably adaptable. An EMP event would suck..no doubt, but from what I've seen..and historically..people basically work through the crap. One of the worst disasters in NYC was 9/11 and it brought people together. They cleaned up the site is several weeks. And the building is taking so long because the whole freakin country thinks they should have a say in it.

I will tell the world your story.

For as long as I can hold out :)

Seriously, my friend.....if you're in NYC when it happens, you're a dead man.

\
I understand exactly what it is..and I don't think it would cause the collapse of civilization. Like I pointed out..Humans are remarkably adaptable. An EMP event would suck..no doubt, but from what I've seen..and historically..people basically work through the crap. One of the worst disasters in NYC was 9/11 and it brought people together. They cleaned up the site is several weeks. And the building is taking so long because the whole freakin country thinks they should have a say in it.

Don't count out the big bad wolf..until you see the box going into the ground.:eusa_hand:

\

Don't count out the big bad wolf..until you see the box going into the ground.:eusa_hand:

Well, if you can make it this way, come on!

They'll probably shoot you on sight, but maybe I can talk them in to giving you a chance :)

PS......Wouldn't hurt if you could bring a gift......bourbon preferably....peace offering and all, you know?

\

Just make your way over the 59th Street Bridge to reality. ;) Look me up. :) We will both hold our own in our Neighborhood, and pretty much have every language covered. ;)

Just make your way over the 59th Street Bridge to reality. ;) Look me up. :) We will both hold our own in our Neighborhood, and pretty much have every language covered. ;)

Bridges are key :)

And the Hudson is your best friend :)

Bridges are key :)

And the Hudson is your best friend :)

I have seen NYC Quarantined twice in my lifetime, both after the attack on 911. The Hudson Bridge won't be an option until the all clear. Plan to stay close to home in and around NYC.

Well, if you can make it this way, come on!

They'll probably shoot you on sight, but maybe I can talk them in to giving you a chance :)

PS......Wouldn't hurt if you could bring a gift......bourbon preferably....peace offering and all, you know?
:lol:

The language of bourbon. Any man can understand it.

How about this...

I got a fishing pole and some bait. I will just spend my day fishing while the rest of the world is rioting

Is there anything else I need to survive the EMP attack?

Last edited:
How about this...

I got a fishing pole and some bait. I will just spend my day fishing while the rest of the world is rioting

Is there anything else I need to surive the EMP attack?

No....you're good RW.

Kudos!

I think if need be we (the 1200 people in the village) could block off the 6 different ways that people could enter the village. We have the river running right through the center, the Rod and gun clubs stocked lake, and acres upon acres of woodland. I do believe we would make it as a community. Not to mention the cattle farms north and east of us. And I wonder if you can grill Alpacas?

I think if need be we (the 1200 people in the village) could block off the 6 different ways that people could enter the village. We have the river running right through the center, the Rod and gun clubs stocked lake, and acres upon acres of woodland. I do believe we would make it as a community. Not to mention the cattle farms north and east of us. And I wonder if you can grill Alpacas?

See? Ollies got it

End of the world is coming...just spend your time hunting and fishing
Doesn't get any better than that

Ridiculous.

What is ridiculous?

The notion that a sudden lose of Electricity would cause the collapse of civilization. What? In that event do everybody also suddenly forget how to make things?

I've lived through multiple power outages and with one exception, everyone managed fine.

Humans are remarkably adaptable, which is why we are the dominant species on the planet.

Would it be politically incorrect to start the Amish jokes?

See, people today tend to forget our rich history.

When white man came to what is now called America, the Indians were in charge.

There were no taxes.
No licenses required.
There was no unemployment.
The chief was the chief.
Women did all the really hard work.
Man hunted and fished all day.

And white man actually thought he could improve a system like that?

Too many prepared is not good either.

Resources would be VERY limited in a VERY short period of time.

Anarchy would be the norm. Whoever could control or contain it would rule the region.

Every civilization in the history of the world only prospered when trade was introduced. Thinking you're going to rule anything because you have guns or canned peas is rather naive. You'll probably finish ahead of a lot of people but there will be no winners; just a different degree of losers if/when it occurs.

I'm talking about civilizations, organized communities. There will be LOADS of trade going on, between those communities as well. The loners will be eliminated very quickly. If you aren't part of a close, organized community, you're days are numbered. And it won't be a big number.

Got news for you....

Your "close organized community" will be in shambles the first time one of you gets 3 ounces more beer than another "member" or the first time a can of beans mysteriously disappears.

But the chances are that the "close organized community" will last longer than those not in a community. We're not talking about something built to last. If you think you're going to rebuild any semblance of a modern civilization; keep dreaming.

Have you picked out any names for your new enclave? Serious question. If I'm still around when/if it happens; I'd like to know if you guys made it.

Got news for you....

Your "close organized community" will be in shambles the first time one of you gets 3 ounces more beer than another "member" or the first time a can of beans mysteriously disappears.

But the chances are that the "close organized community" will last longer than those not in a community. We're not talking about something built to last. If you think you're going to rebuild any semblance of a modern civilization; keep dreaming.

Have you picked out any names for your new enclave? Serious question. If I'm still around when/if it happens; I'd like to know if you guys made it.

Sorry, invitation only. No, we don't have a name. We're not looking to advertise :)

And we've already thought about the stolen beans and extra beer. We have a legal process in mind. Everything old is new again, and the penalties are pretty severe. Stealing food is a capital offense. No lie.

And we have no dreams of a modern civilization. Our goal is survival until civilization returns. Might be a week, might be a year, might be a decade.

Hopefully, we never find out.

But I have a feeling the Sun has different plans, even if no one else does.

Got news for you....

Sorry, invitation only. No, we don't have a name. We're not looking to advertise :)

And we've already thought about the stolen beans and extra beer. We have a legal process in mind. Everything old is new again, and the penalties are pretty severe. Stealing food is a capital offense. No lie.

And we have no dreams of a modern civilization. Our goal is survival until civilization returns. Might be a week, might be a year, might be a decade.

Hopefully, we never find out.

But I have a feeling the Sun has different plans, even if no one else does.

Trust me; the last place I want to be (in this mindset--I'm open to change I suppose) is with someone wanting to kill me over a can of beans. No name? Thats a shame and its going to bite you in the ass in the long run.

So when you say "organized" obviously some are directing others...are the "directees" okay with this?

Finally, with the legal system; who decides guilt? That must be one of the "directors"

Good luck to you.

Trust me; the last place I want to be (in this mindset--I'm open to change I suppose) is with someone wanting to kill me over a can of beans. No name? Thats a shame and its going to bite you in the ass in the long run.

So when you say "organized" obviously some are directing others...are the "directees" okay with this?

Finally, with the legal system; who decides guilt? That must be one of the "directors"

Good luck to you.

We'll have to see if/when we get there. For now, it is all about being prepared for a disaster, natural or otherwise.

Without law enforcement, a legal system, a government, a jail......there will be a lot of difficult decisions to be made.

Good luck to you.

We'll have to see if/when we get there. For now, it is all about being prepared for a disaster, natural or otherwise.

Without law enforcement, a legal system, a government, a jail......there will be a lot of difficult decisions to be made.

By not preparing most have made their decision.
Glenn Becks life boats wont be saving anyone.
The golden hoard will cover the earth.

Forum List

Back