CDZ Are You Personally Invested in this Election?

I think that this year's Presidential election campaign has been entertaining, but the result will have little impact on me personally. Our financial problems are too big for anyone to address in a meaningful way, and our social problems now require a nanny state just to preserve peace in our streets.

Do you feel that the outcome of this election will directly affect you, positively or negatively? How do you think future historians will view this election? Will it be seen as anything more than the election of our first woman or first billionaire President?
First, no, I'm not nearly as concerned about the result of the election as partisans are. In terms of the actual direction of the country, I think that historians will look back at 2008 as the election that took us in a different direction.

How historians will view this election is a pretty interesting thought. It will probably be more about the first woman nominee/President than about a businessman, but if the populist/nationalists are actually successful in taking over the GOP going forward, that could be just as big a story in the long run.

Personally invested?

This is the first year since 1972 that I will be voting for neither of the two front runners.

... but if the populist/nationalists are actually successful in taking over the GOP going forward, that could be just as big a story in the long run..

Yes. There are several major power and money centers in the Establishment who are obviously terrified of an American government that actually represents Americans and American national interests over private interests.

Am I personally invested in this election? No.... I am just along for the ride. I most likely will vote third party. If that means I'm throwing away my vote, then so be it. At any rate, I am not going to vote for either clown that has been nominated by the 2 main parties.

Forum List

Back