CDZ Are You Personally Invested in this Election?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I think that this year's Presidential election campaign has been entertaining, but the result will have little impact on me personally. Our financial problems are too big for anyone to address in a meaningful way, and our social problems now require a nanny state just to preserve peace in our streets.

Do you feel that the outcome of this election will directly affect you, positively or negatively? How do you think future historians will view this election? Will it be seen as anything more than the election of our first woman or first billionaire President?

It will mark the beginning of a long string of Democratic administrations, commencing with a president who is not only the first woman to hold this office, but the best qualified candidate for the presidency in our lifetime.

As we saw in 2008, there will be cheering in the streets around the world and markets will celebrate the fact that there will no rude financial or economic surprises coming from the world's most powerful economy.

We will continue with one of the longest-lasting economic expansions on our history at a manageable pace and most will be better off in '24, just as today most are better off than we were eight years ago.

It's pretty much a string of green lights.

It will mark the beginning of a long string of Democratic administrations, commencing with a president who is not only the first woman to hold this office, but the best qualified candidate for the presidency in our lifetime.

As we saw in 2008, there will be cheering in the streets around the world and markets will celebrate the fact that there will no rude financial or economic surprises coming from the world's most powerful economy.

We will continue with one of the longest-lasting economic expansions on our history at a manageable pace and most will be better off in '24, just as today most are better off than we were eight years ago.

mv5a_f-maxage-0.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

manageable pace, LOL, we never achieved escape velocity 7 years into cycle and FED interest rates are still only 0.5%

yup, looking mighty fine
640px-Federal_Funds_Rate_1954_thru_2009_effective.svg.png

Last edited:

You mean besides the corruption, the greed and the lying...and selling the country out to foriegn governments......? You mean besides all of that?

I think it's a forgone conclusion that Hillary will win California. So my vote doesn't really matter. I'll vote because of the initiatives on the ballot. I'm invested in the recreational marijuana initiative specifically.

I thought the primaries were interesting. None of the pundits gave Trump a chance. I thought he was done after his statements about McCain being a loser and not a war hero, and immigration. It was interesting to be proven wrong.

Sanders made the Dem primary interesting for a while.

I guess if Julian Assange dropped a real bombshell on the Hillary parade that might change things, but I expect he'll be long on promise and short on delivery.

I think that this year's Presidential election campaign has been entertaining, but the result will have little impact on me personally. Our financial problems are too big for anyone to address in a meaningful way, and our social problems now require a nanny state just to preserve peace in our streets.

Do you feel that the outcome of this election will directly affect you, positively or negatively? How do you think future historians will view this election? Will it be seen as anything more than the election of our first woman or first billionaire President?

My only interest in the Presidential election is Supreme Court appointments, don't care about the rest of the drivel, and a Hillary win will literally be the end of even lip service to the Bill of Rights and the U.S. as a republic. The mulit-nationals will strip the U.S. bare of assets completely unimpeded by Hillary or her 'Party', leaving behind just massive debts from subsidizing the financial pirates, and of course they want murder in the streets to keep attention away from all that.

They don't care, they have enough wealth to move to Bermuda or somewhere, nationalism and patriotism mean zero to them and they care even less about the people who live here, they like hanging out with the Davos Set and their fellow plutarchs and oligarchs around the world than with pesky unwashed Americans, after all. Just elect a psychotic sociopath like Hillary and sit back and watch it burn down.

That's hilarious stuff! You need to share your pharmacist with the rest of the stoners, because you're getting some really great stuff there!

I would very much like to tell you my personal perspective on these elections, but it seems there is something of greater urgency in your introduction to the discussion.

Our financial problems are too big

My finances, and of everyone else I interact with, depend and have been made possible through politics. So that I can address my political perspective to you then your finances must already be understood and resolved.

So please tell, what are those financial problems that require a nanny?

Do you feel that the outcome of this election will directly affect you, positively or negatively?

I do, and I'm not even American (I'm Canadian). I can't say I support either of the front runners- I"m hoping Jill Stein of the Green Party wins, but I know the odds are close to zero. Failing that, I'd like Hillary to win based on the "lesser of evils" argument.

How do you think future historians will view this election?

I think the good ones will think the same way I do, naturally :).

Will it be seen as anything more than the election of our first woman or first billionaire President?

Definitely. Bernie Sanders was trashed by the establishment, but I'm a firm believer in what another wise old man once said: "Strike me down and you will create a force stronger then you can possibly imagine". Yes, that's from Star Wars :). I strongly believe that the movement he helped spark to life will come to dominate politics. Here's to hoping it happens sooner rather than later, the longer we continue with our self destructive economic system, the longer it'll take to repair the damage.

Failing that,

I'd like Hillary to win based on the "lesser of evils" argument.

I think the appropriate use of the term "lesser evils" should be "l'esser d'evils".

Pertains to the elections too.

My guess is you're using quasi french to make a joke here? Anyway, I think we both agree that neither of the 2 front runners would make a good President.

If you are looking for laughter, maybe a joke wouldn't be inappropriate. But that's not my job, nor my fiddle here.

My use of french, with or without a trace of Spanish, or Latin for that matter, is not for jokes, since I have learned it without anyone teaching it to me, but through persistent solitary study.

Laughter? All yours, and mine too. Jokes? Be careful with your words. Don't put yours by mine.

I made no comment on my political perspective towards the two candidates, although I continue having the intention to do so. Do you have any interest in my investment though? Seems you are discrediting yourself.

Failing that,

I'd like Hillary to win based on the "lesser of evils" argument.

I think the appropriate use of the term "lesser evils" should be "l'esser d'evils".

Pertains to the elections too.

My guess is you're using quasi french to make a joke here? Anyway, I think we both agree that neither of the 2 front runners would make a good President.

If you are looking for laughter, maybe a joke wouldn't be inappropriate. But that's not my job, nor my fiddle here.

I see.

[
My use of french, with or without a trace of Spanish, or Latin for that matter, is not for jokes, since I have learned it without anyone teaching it to me, but through persistent solitary study.

Alright.

Laughter? All yours, and mine too. Jokes? Be careful with your words. Don't put yours by mine.

Just trying to ferret out your meaning :p.

I made no comment on my political perspective towards the two candidates, although I continue having the intention to do so. Do you have any interest in my investment though?

If you're asking if I'm interested in your point of view, the answer is yes. I find it very hard to understand what you're trying to convey sometimes, but I've come to accept that as just the way you communicate. One thing I'm interested in knowing, is english your first language?

Seems you are discrediting yourself.

What draws you to that conclusion?

You are welcome with your ferret. I also am in the same position.

I find it very hard to understand what you're trying to convey sometimes, but I've come to accept that as just the way you communicate. One thing I'm interested in knowing, is english your first language?

My history is more complicated than the English language would have it at this time.

My parents would answer yes to your question. I would expand the answer to make clear my English learning was in the circumstances of family isolation (at the enclosure of a home in contrast to the more inclusive transit of a nation speaking Portuguese to be my second language).

That you cannot see any goodness in political candidates.

Civilians are also politicians, it is a natural, perhaps only eventual, but nonetheless critical, human role to be exercised.

For a title to be received and maintained, all one requires is focus on the activity associated to the title.

That way you may be payed by focusing on any title, or by focusing on a person holding a title (with their focus included). Since you are refusing to be payed when so much is not only available to be collected but continuously distributed, my only conclusion can be that you are discrediting yourself.

No good there where they are, no good where you are.

Last edited:

You are welcome with your ferret. I also am in the same position.

I see :)

I find it very hard to understand what you're trying to convey sometimes, but I've come to accept that as just the way you communicate. One thing I'm interested in knowing, is english your first language?

My history is more complicated than the English language would have it at this time.

My parents would answer yes to your question. I would expand the answer to make clear my English learning was in the circumstances of family isolation (at the enclosure of a home in contrast to the more inclusive transit of a nation speaking Portuguese to be my second language).

Are you saying that yes, your first language is English, but that you were home schooled in a Portuguese speaking nation?

Seems you are discrediting yourself.

That you cannot see any goodness in political candidates.

I was actually a big fan of Bernie Sanders and I also think that Jill Stein continues along his tradition, if not his popularity.

Are you saying that yes, your first language is English, but that you were home schooled in a Portuguese speaking nation?

Not home schooled, home taught.

At school and at home I used more Portuguese than English because of my residing nation with Portuguese as the official language.

English was first precisely because of the scarcity in English speaking citizens. That way I would have an extra tool to work my way about the nation without being too captured by its singular linguistic representation.

I was actually a big fan of Bernie Sanders and I also think that Jill Stein continues along his tradition, if not his popularity.

One, two or three politicians don't make politics. It's all politicians that make politics.

Do you feel that the outcome of this election will directly affect you, positively or negatively?

Contrary to most of the responses, this question was not intended to trigger psychological self-assessment.

Forum List

Back