Are you in favor of Obama's new Amnesty/Voter register program?

Flopper, unless the law has recently been changed, there is no closed door for legal immigration from Mexico. My one time housekeeper, who has become a personal friend and now works for just about everybody in the local family, has had her green card for a couple of years now, is running her own little housekeeping service, and making a very good living doing so. She has been studying English--speaks it pretty well but still has some difficulty with reading and writing it but is getting there--I've been helping tutor on that and the U.S. Constitution--but she, her three kids, and sister will be taking their citizenship test within the next six months.

Her mother, from Mexico, comes to visit intermittently. Illegally of course, but I'll admit I look the other way on that because "Mama" is just here to visit her kids and then goes home. She isn't milking the US system for anything.

These are very good people who have done it the legal way. They want charity for nothing but only want the chance to taste a bit of the American dream. And they want to be Americans with all that means. They are exactly the kind of folks we want to be Americans.

Indeed. The woman who cleans my house is here legally (from Argentina). She is very proud to now be a U.S. citizen.

A couple of years ago, one of my staff at work became a U.S. citizen - there were dozens of people at her ceremony. If someone wants to become a legal citizen, there is a process - it's just a matter of being willing to follow it.

1. National ID linked to bometric verification
2. Send employers to JAIL for hiring illegals
3. Once the jobs dry up....illegals will go home

Flopper, unless the law has recently been changed, there is no closed door for legal immigration from Mexico. My one time housekeeper, who has become a personal friend and now works for just about everybody in the local family, has had her green card for a couple of years now, is running her own little housekeeping service, and making a very good living doing so. She has been studying English--speaks it pretty well but still has some difficulty with reading and writing it but is getting there--I've been helping tutor on that and the U.S. Constitution--but she, her three kids, and sister will be taking their citizenship test within the next six months.

Her mother, from Mexico, comes to visit intermittently. Illegally of course, but I'll admit I look the other way on that because "Mama" is just here to visit her kids and then goes home. She isn't milking the US system for anything.

These are very good people who have done it the legal way. They want charity for nothing but only want the chance to taste a bit of the American dream. And they want to be Americans with all that means. They are exactly the kind of folks we want to be Americans.
Yes, immigration laws have changed and it is very difficult to legally immigrate from Mexico. In fact, most of those that come over illegally would have no chance at all of immigrating to the US. Work Visa's use to be fairly easy to get, but not today. Getting a work visa dose not mean you can immigrate.

http://nysj.org/s/316/images/editor...irmly anchored in the/Immigration Process.pdf

Yes, immigration laws have changed and it is very difficult to legally immigrate from Mexico. In fact, most of those that come over illegally would have no chance at all of immigrating to the US. Work Visa's use to be fairly easy to get, but not today. Getting a work visa dose not mean you can immigrate.

http://nysj.org/s/316/images/editor...irmly anchored in the/Immigration Process.pdf

There is no reduction of quotas from Mexico or anywhere else.

The whole idea of immigration is not to benefit the immigrants but to promote the genera. welfare--benefit everybody. Immigration was never to be a welfare program for anybody, but it was expected that those who came here would pull their own weight and contribute to society rather than be a burden on it.

I don't know when that emphasis changed--I suppose it started somewhere during the cultural revolution of the 60's and has sort of mushroomed from there. But now too many look at immigration as some kind of charitable vehicle instead of a way to strengthen America with good people who want to be good citizens.

If we would send all the illegals home as much as possible, then all kinds of unemployment would open up both for Americans and for those applying for work visas.

That makes sense to me, as long as it is coupled to business accountability and border security. It has to be consensus on the whole package and future of America.

There is one problem with this argument. we already have a path to citizenship in this country, but the Mexican illegals didn't get the memo. Because it does not involve jumping our border illegally and stealing someones identity to stay here.
Wrong. If you are unskilled or even if you have a trade, you can not legally immigrate to the US unless you have immediate family living in the US legally. For about 99% of all Mexicans, there is no way they can legally immigrate to the US.

We have more Hispanic immigrants coming here LEGALLY than all other ethnicities combined. Try being a European and coming here legally...it's almost impossible unless you marry an American. Hispanics are already given priority over those from first would nations, why do you believe they should have even MORE rights?

BTW, we can't immigrant to Mexico unless we have a steady income and a certain amount of money in the bank, why do you believe we should treat their people differently than they treat us? NO country in the world will take our unskilled labor, why should we import more unskilled labor to compete with our own citizens? No wonder our income gap is so huge and our country so unstable.

REST IN PEACE AMERICA
forget the America that use to be here
A place where LOYAL Americans use to choose the President
Coming soon thanks to Obama we will soon have a country that our President is picked by people who are loyal to and love Mexico and are Mexicans living here only given citizenship to buy their votes
Rot in hell all you people who put this man in office!!!!

A little loud there don't you think?

NO if only you could see or hear how pissed off I am to see my country violated by this man just to replace democrat votes lost because of his failure called OBAMACARE!!!! It is nothing about helping these people it is about buying their votes!!!!they are calling this amnesty but it should be call The illegal alien democrat replacement voter registration program. Once here they will be outsourced for the next crop of illegals that will be rushing in. These illegals value will be gone once they get their citizenship and rights. They are only here so business can take advantage of them with low wages. God help this country and rot in hell you kool-aid drinking liberals that put this moron in office!!!!! This is your fault.

If we give amnesty to people who stole into our country, stole our jobs, kept our wages artificially low, stole our identities, our ss numbers, etc, why not give amnesty to all burglars? All car thieves? All bank robbers? After all, they just want a better life too!

Where does the amnesty stop?

Again we've had amnesty several times in the past and the only result was a higher rate of illegals crossing the border, why does anyone believe another amnesty will be different?

You miss the point of my post. IF legalizing all the illegals was a good idea then it wouldn't have to be tied to border security in order to make it happen. As Jon Kyl pointed out, our security is being held hostage to the amnesty agenda. Politicians know that there is no way that they could get amnesty passed without hooking it to our national security.
Path to Citizenship is in the bill in order to get wider support. In a NY Times Poll, 62% of Americans say illegal immigrants that have been here 2 yrs should be able to apply for legal status.

I think the national id card is more important than speeding billions more to secure the boarders but beefing up boarder security is needed to get more support for the bill.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/25/us/25poll.html

The American people are not buying this bullshit again they said this last time and the time before that they were going to secure the border. It is all just another lie!!!!

That makes sense to me, as long as it is coupled to business accountability and border security. It has to be consensus on the whole package and future of America.

If you couple it with business accountability and border security then it becomes a comprehensive immigration bill. We already have laws for business accountablilty and border security that we can enforce. The question is what to do about the current illegals. Do you think the path to citizenship can't stand on it's own?

Not with me it can't. I am against amnesty. They want to be citizens go home and apply through channels. Period.

We do not need any new laws just enforce our current immigration laws, enforce the borders period. we want our laws enforced why should we give special treatment to cheats and law breakers. go back to where you came from fill out the proper forms and wait in line with the rest of the immigrants that are seeking to come here.

If you couple it with business accountability and border security then it becomes a comprehensive immigration bill. We already have laws for business accountablilty and border security that we can enforce. The question is what to do about the current illegals. Do you think the path to citizenship can't stand on it's own?

Not with me it can't. I am against amnesty. They want to be citizens go home and apply through channels. Period.

We do not need any new laws just enforce our current immigration laws, enforce the borders period. we want our laws enforced why should we give special treatment to cheats and law breakers. go back to where you came from fill out the proper forms and wait in line with the rest of the immigrants that are seeking to come here.

Yes simply enforce the existing laws will work - IF -

We repeal all forms of social assistance, free education, free healthcare, etc. etc. etc. to anybody who is in the country illegally. That is going to require some major legislation to accomplish to get past the Supreme Court though, and the existing bunch in Congress, include our RINOs and near RINOs aren't going to stick their necks out that far and risk losing whatever Hispanic votes they are getting. And as long as Congress by action or inaction continues to encourage illegal immigration, it will continue.

We have to put a lot of new blood into Congress to get much reform on anything I think.

The Federal Government is not capable of keeping such promises. What is new here???? What hasn't been promised before????? Didn't Reagan give conditional amnesty???? Didn't Congress default then????? What is new here???? It's the same load of shit. Sounds like shit, walks like shit, smells like shit, talks like shit,.... do you really need to taste it to know??? Good luck with that. ;)

What you advocate is changing nothing. Just tell the INS and Boarder Patrol to do a better job. That does not solve the problem. We can continue to do the same thing and the results will be same.

We should:
Stop the hiring of illegals
Improve boarder security
Imprison and deport those that commit crimes other than crossing the boarder
Absorb the remainder
That will work.

What you advocate is changing nothing. Just tell the INS and Boarder Patrol to do a better job. That does not solve the problem. We can continue to do the same thing and the results will be same.

We should:
Improve boarder security
Absorb the remainder
That will work.

By punishing businesses severely for breaking the law: imprisonment of managers and owners who knowingly violate the law and the confiscation of their corporate assets.

Seal the border.

Deport the criminals (crossing the border is not a crime, despite AZ law), and absorb the rest.

Nothing else will work.

There was a gun battle down there only 12 miles from the border. Something like 12 or more killed and wounded. Something is wrong when our leaders will not protect the American people? I believe this administration is corrupt and rotten to the core. They seem to go out of their way to protect thugs and law breakers and will not enforce laws that are on the books to protect the American people.

There was a gun battle down there only 12 miles from the border. Something like 12 or more killed and wounded. Something is wrong when our leaders will not protect the American people? I believe this administration is corrupt and rotten to the core. They seem to go out of their way to protect thugs and law breakers and will not enforce laws that are on the books to protect the American people.

Since at least the Reagan administrations we have had these problems on the border.

Illegals come to work in American business for cheap wages, simple enough. Seal the border, punish businesses that knowingly violate the law very very harshly.

We should:
Improve boarder security
Absorb the remainder
That will work.

By punishing businesses severely for breaking the law: imprisonment of managers and owners who knowingly violate the law and the confiscation of their corporate assets.

Seal the border.

Deport the criminals (crossing the border is not a crime, despite AZ law), and absorb the rest.

Nothing else will work.
Agreed, however sealing the borders is not that easy. The US Mexico border has the busiest border crossings in world. Every year about half million vehicles cross into the US. All but a very small fraction are completely legal. Add to that pedestrian, air, and boat traffic coupled with two thousand miles of border make sealing the border a huge undertaking.

We often forget that only a little over half the illegals are Mexicans. Also, a large percent of the illegals in this country entered legally but failed to go home when their visa expired.

I say punish the Fed's. Take their toys away. Limit their computer play time. Confiscate their illegal gains. :):):)

Forum List

Back