Are you in favor of Obama's new Amnesty/Voter register program?

Simple solutions that will never be acted upon because politics gets in the way of doing what is right for America.

1. Seal the borders, all the borders, land, sea, and air.

2. Punish anyone knowingly assisting any illegal. Via, jobs, food, shelter, whatever.

3. Round up any and all illegals and ship them home, wherever it may be.

4. Add an exception clause to the 14th amendment stopping the practice of anchor babies, if your parents are illegal so are you.

5. Vote out any Bum in Washington who votes against the USA.

1 and 2 are possible. 3 would create a police state, and I bet a 100 million of us would stop that in a heartbeat. 4 if you grandfather the anchor citizenships already here. 5. We have been trying that since 1791.

1. MUST be done
2. MUST be done
3. Stupid, logistically it makes sense to get these folks on a legal track to be here
4. NO current US citizen would lose their citizenship, with or without an addendum to the 14th, you can't retroactively apply a law to anyone
5. Is a lost cause, only bums even run for office.

In 1986, Reagan signed an immigration reform bill, the first in 20 years, that legalized the status for 1.7-million people.

Some defenders of the law dispute the term "amnesty." But here's how Edwin Meese, Reagan's former attorney general, characterizes what his boss did: "President Reagan called this what it was: amnesty. Indeed, look up the term 'amnesty' in Black's Law Dictionary, and you'll find it says, 'the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act provided amnesty for undocumented aliens already in the country.' "

PolitiFact | Yep. Reagan did the A-word

many people were not happy about Reagan amnesty and he failed to secure the border, as they all promise yet fail to do.

1.7 million is also a lot less than 20 million here now, which shows how unsecured our border still is even after Obama directly lied today saying it was more secure

It is not secure, but it is more secure than it was under Bush. Most of those 20 million came in after 9-11.

How does it make anything right or better by rewarding people who have broken our laws?

Illegal is still illegal. I do not accept any amnesty as the right thing. And I believed Reagan was wrong also.

Put illegals on track for citizenship, make sure we include Russian spies and Terrorists in that, because OMG they are here, living among us.

And What was it Obama said, most of them are hard working blah blah blah, what about the 10, 20, or 30% who are here because they are hiding or running from the law in their own country?

I don't buy it, and will do my part to work against any amnesty.

The Path to Citizenship is a small but important part of the immigration reform bill. Lindsey Grahmn(R) was the original author. It is a long and difficult process that few will follow. The process includes:
· Residency as of Dec 2009.
· Admission of guilt, payment of fees, fines, and back taxes.
· A criminal background check
· Upon filing the necessary papers, the person becomes a documented resident.
· For 8 years they must live in the US, file a tax return, pay taxes and maintain a clean criminal record.
· They can only leave the country during the eight years for short periods of time.
· They must attain a level of proficiency in English and complete a course in Civics
· At the end of the 8 years they can make application for citizenship. The entire process will probably take 10 years.

This is the way the bill was a month or so ago. It may have changed.

If this is what you mean by amnesty, yes I support it.

Most authorities on immigration seem to agree that immigration reform must have 4 components:
1. Eliminate the jobs available to illegals. This is why the vast majority of illegals come here. They don’t come here to have babies, get on the welfare roles, or perpetrate crimes. They come here to find work.
2. Provide better boarder security.
3. Prosecute those that engage in criminal acts, imprison, and deport them.
4. Provide a path to citizenship for those that prove worthy.

The Path to Citizenship is a small but important part of the immigration reform bill. Lindsey Grahmn(R) was the original author. It is a long and difficult process that few will follow. The process includes:
· For 8 years they must live in the US, file a tax return, pay taxes and maintain a clean criminal record.
· They can only leave the country during the eight years for short periods of time.
· They must attain a level of proficiency in English and complete a course in Civics
· At the end of the 8 years they can make application for citizenship. The entire process will probably take 10 years.

Most authorities on immigration seem to agree that immigration reform must have 4 components:
1. Eliminate the jobs available to illegals. This is why the vast majority of illegals come here. They don’t come here to have babies, get on the welfare roles, or perpetrate crimes. They come here to find work.

Why do you think it fair to allow those that are here illegally to stay at all? Why should they get to enjoy the benefits offered here when those that try to do the right thing and apply to enter legally must wait in their native lands? How can you possibly think that is fair?

Am I supposed to Google and find the legislation referred to in the OP, or base my reply on other's?
It's not my thread. Why do I have to work?

It would be a shameless political Power Grab for them to combine amnesty with a voter Registration drive. Especially if they do nothing about securing the border. It would me a steady flow of ready to order Democrat Votes. It would mean game over, and the left knows it. This is THE battle right here right now.

Oh and just a little more information when Reagan was President Cubans were the illegals of the day. Have you ever seen those boats they used to get here from cuba?

Read section 201 of your own link. It granted amnesty to all illegals who could prove continuous residence within the country since at least Jan. 1, 1982. Nation of origin did not matter. Section 201 granted amnesty to them ALL.

1. Secure the Border. 2. Punish business the violates the law: managers and owners to jail, companies sold to competitors. 3. Amnesty, registration, and path to citizenship.

These provisions must be passed in an omnibus bill. Any senator or Congress person who opposes it must be driven from office. The welfare of the country outweighs partisanship. Acts of nativism must be outlawed as well.

1 & 2, yes. 3 is an insult to every legal immigrant in this great nation,not to mention the millions of people who were denied entry to this country and didn't come here anyway.

Rot in hell all you people who put this man in office!!!!

You're welcome...

asshole2.gif

So, Sgt. Low Class Ollie would have children born in the richest country in the world sent back to one of the world's poorest? I depise illegals, but children are innocent and as such should never be forced to risk starvation, disease, and god knows what else in that shit hole country called Mexico because of their scumbag parents recklessness.

So, Sgt. Low Class Ollie would have children born in the richest country in the world sent back to one of the world's poorest? I depise illegals, but children are innocent and as such should never be forced to risk starvation, disease, and god knows what else in that shit hole country called Mexico because of their scumbag parents recklessness.
So you'd have children kept here as a reward for their law-breaking scumbag parents taking the risk of wading across a narrow spot in a river and staying off the radar long enough to go in to labor.
The baby would have been born, regardless.
To use their kid as a political tool to garner your sympathy only for their welfare benefits is just as abusive as you attempt to label Ollie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Why do you think it fair to allow those that are here illegally to stay at all? Why should they get to enjoy the benefits offered here when those that try to do the right thing and apply to enter legally must wait in their native lands? How can you possibly think that is fair?
Fair?? Many of these people came to this country as children. They didn't ask to come here. They were brought by their parents. Wives followed husbands because they had no choice. For years farmers recruited Mexicans promising jobs and legal status even arranging for them to cross the border. Mexico promoted illegal immigration to the US. Immigration laws have been randomly and selective enforced for years. If you are an unskilled or semi-skilled worker without immediate family living legally in the US, your chance of ever being able to legally immigrate to the US is just about zero. If you are deported, you will never be accepted as a legal immigrant. That means if the breadwinner of the family is deported he has to sneak back into the US to support his family.

Is any of this fair?

I'm not saying what illegals have done is right, but what we have done is not right either. Many of these people have risked their lives to get here and have endured hardships that we only see in the movies. Most of us did nothing to earn our citizenship. We were just lucky enough to be born here.

Thanks for the info.
Missed it when I made my smart-assed remark, earlier

Why not just legalize aliens...that way, they'll stay in Mexico...just like the drugs will when we legalize them... sounds simple enough

You continue to deceive. You try to call me what you are by nature and character: a person without integrity or honor. You lie as a matter of policy. When caught you point at the other person. You are what you are, bigrebnc1775, a liar.

OK BITCH SHOW ME THE COMMENT WHERE I LIED? IF YOU CAN NOT DO THAT YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF TO BE THE LIAR.
The only reply I want to see from you is that reply where I lied? Show the proof bitch punk.

In 1986, Reagan signed an immigration reform bill, the first in 20 years, that legalized the status for 1.7-million people.

Some defenders of the law dispute the term "amnesty." But here's how Edwin Meese, Reagan's former attorney general, characterizes what his boss did: "President Reagan called this what it was: amnesty. Indeed, look up the term 'amnesty' in Black's Law Dictionary, and you'll find it says, 'the 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act provided amnesty for undocumented aliens already in the country.' "

PolitiFact | Yep. Reagan did the A-word

I s this f-ing 1986? Surely you can do better .....

Oh and just a little more information when Reagan was President Cubans were the illegals of the day. Have you ever seen those boats they used to get here from cuba?

Read section 201 of your own link. It granted amnesty to all illegals who could prove continuous residence within the country since at least Jan. 1, 1982. Nation of origin did not matter. Section 201 granted amnesty to them ALL.

I have read it. Just as this amnesty bs will leagalize all illeagals, Mexicans are not the only people who are illegal in America today. obama's version is more to the Mexicans, Reagans was more for the Cubians. If you read the act you would have seen where it directly mentions certain Cubians. The government did not want to send the cubians back because they came here for fear of their lives. Why would people build a boat out of anything to float 90 miles in the ocean to get to America if they were not fleeing with fear from castro.

Forum List

Back