Are you giving up smoking in the new year?

I don't need any stinking website LOL :p

I quit some months ago :up:

I vap now.

So you didn't quit at all.
Vaping is not smoking. However, it does give different meaning to "Having the vapors".

E-cigs are just a more effective drug delivery device than cigarettes.

The addiction is the same.
With E-cigs people have the option of controlling the amount of nicotine they use. People are able to wean themselves from the drug without giving up the experience of blowing out clouds from their mouths.

I don't need any stinking website LOL :p

I quit some months ago :up:

I vap now.

images

Did you know?

After twelve hours almost all of the nicotine is out of your system.

After twenty-four hours the level of carbon monoxide in your blood has dropped dramatically. You now have more oxygen in your bloodstream.

After five days most nicotine by-products have gone.

Within days your sense of taste and smell improves.

Within a month your blood pressure returns to its normal level and your immune system begins to show signs of recovery.

Within two months your lungs will no longer be producing extra phlegm caused by smoking.

After twelve months your increased risk of dying from heart disease is half that of a continuing smoker.

Stopping smoking reduces the incidence and progression of lung disease including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.

After ten years of stopping your risk of lung cancer is less than half that of a continuing smoker and continues to decline (provided the disease is not already present).

After fifteen years your risk of heart attack and stroke is almost the same as that of a person who has never smoked.

quitnow - Benefits of quitting
Did you know that after 14 years, Imogen Poots will make wild love to you 8 weeks of that year?

Come on Imogen....I'm still waiting!!!!!

:muahaha:

I'll be 15 years smoke free in September of 2015.

I've never been able to quit smoking. :)

If you truly want to quit, then it's actually fairly easy. I quit cold turkey on August 13, 2011. It takes two weeks to get completely over the physical addiction, as that is how long it takes to get your dopamine levels back to normal. After two weeks, it is then just a battle with the mental habit.

I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and quit cold turkey one day. It was one of the most difficult things I've ever done...but 6 years later I haven't touched a cigarette since. You can quit too, it's boils down to your will power!

people that quit smoking will live ferever !!!

Wrong, but more likely than not, we will live our ladder years much better than those who continue to smoke. It's about the quality of life in the end years that is what is really important. Dealing with COPD and/or Emphysema was not at the top of my list. That was my biggest reason for quitting. And guess what? Three years and five months later, I feel great and can do so much more that I could as a smoker. Quitting is not about what you give up but what you gain. That is why so many people find quitting difficult, because they are more worried about what they are losing versus what they are gaining.

people that quit smoking will live ferever !!!

Wrong, but more likely than not, we will live our ladder years much better than those who continue to smoke. It's about the quality of life in the end years that is what is really important. Dealing with COPD and/or Emphysema was not at the top of my list. That was my biggest reason for quitting. And guess what? Three years and five months later, I feel great and can do so much more that I could as a smoker. Quitting is not about what you give up but what you gain. That is why so many people find quitting difficult, because they are more worried about what they are losing versus what they are gaining.
When I was in the hospital, there was a guy in the room next to me who came in with a heart attack. People kept asking him if he still smokes. He kept saying yes and they would always follow up with yeah, it was a bad one... I felt so sorry for him but that's how they talk to smokers now, very directly and they don't tiptoe around it. You smoke, you're taking a big risk.

such is life Sarah , its acceptable to ask the question but I have no problem telling the questioner that its none of their business .

Quit smoking i like the health benefits and now I have more dispoable income. It was hard but worth it. No vap, just vamps.

such is life Sarah , its acceptable to ask the question but I have no problem telling the questioner that its none of their business .
You would tell the doctors and nurses it is none of their business? This was ICU and it wasn't just random people asking him, it was medical staff.

You would tell the doctors and nurses it is none of their business? This was ICU and it wasn't just random people asking him, it was medical staff.
If a person is in ICU I think they would trade thier obstinance for relief from the ailment that sent them to the hopsital in the first place.

yeah , well , trading away you privacy isn't going to help your 'copd' !!

hey Sarah , I've been in intensive care once or twice and I run it the way I like [wink] !

Forum List

Back