Are you frugal?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Some seem to think it bad to save lightbulbs from old lamps bought at yard sales....and donating the lamps to a thrift shop but keeping the bulbs. Is that frugal or smart thinking? If you got a lamp WITH a lightbulb in it, and decided you did not want the lamp..would you take the bulb out before getting rid of it?

Do you wash out storage freezer bags after they have been used?

Do you add a bit of water to the empty laundry soap container and swish it around to get all the soap you can before tossing the jug?

Do you do the same with dish soap?

Do you toss out bar soap if it gets halfway used?

If you see a quarter on the ground...do you pick it up? What if it's a nickel or dime?

Do you use coupons when shopping?

I'm pretty frugal. I'd definitely pick up a quarter, nickel or dime because I also pick up pennies laying on the ground.

I even pick up pennies..Recycle belly button lint and stopped buying underwear

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far at all. Yes I'd pick up a quarter, dime, nickel.......penny not so much.........

My wife does most of the shopping. Uses coupons, and waits until the sales to buy a bunch of stuff.

I get the milk, bread, etc......on the way home from work.

I'll have to admit, the soap isn't gone until it's been watered down a bit. My wife's a stickler on that.

yep , frugal for me and my wife . Its a good habit and if my wife didn't pounce on the penny in the parking lot then I'd pick it up .

When I used to metal detect coins I bring in about 1K a year in clad coins, but I do much better with civil war stuff which I never sell.

Zinc pennies cost more to make than they are worth and they are worthless unless in bulk obviously.

You don't metal detect any more? I always wanted to do that. Especially living near the beach. All those tourists. All that jewelry and loose change, lol.

You don't metal detect any more? I always wanted to do that. Especially living near the beach. All those tourists. All that jewelry and loose change, lol.

I do, but it's civil war specific. In the summer months the endeavor is impractical due to the heat, bugs, and drought. I found a really nice Morgan silver dollar a few months back but pretty much every site is polluted with pennies, name your date.

Now, if I wanted to make a lot cash with that hobby I'd pick Detroit, but I'd need a lot of security just survive that ordeal. All those abandoned yards, and those people used to put their clothes on a line, drink in their yards with their neighbors etc. Silver coin spillage.

Beaches are lucrative. After a hurricane a lot of stuff get's drug up.

I'm very frugal, but to wash out storage freezer bags after they have been used, is just cheap :)

My grandpa used to be that way with tin foil.

I am learning to be Frugal now by eating grapes for lunch

I even pick up pennies..Recycle belly button lint and stopped buying underwear

tmi.gif

/
/
/
/
:D

I'm incredibly frugal.

My diet consists primarily of cheap, healthy goods like bananas and sweet potatoes. Very inexpensive. Gardening and preserving slashes my food bill even more. Rarely do I spend $$$ on unnecessary things. Will wear shoes until they become socks (when at home). Play Mafia instead of video games because it's free. Save all the money and invest. Can probably eat on $30 a month, or lower. Interested in solar energy.

Don't waste your leftovers! :D

I'm incredibly frugal.

My diet consists primarily of cheap, healthy goods like bananas and sweet potatoes. Very inexpensive. Gardening and preserving slashes my food bill even more. Rarely do I spend $$$ on unnecessary things. Will wear shoes until they become socks (when at home). Play Mafia instead of video games because it's free. Save all the money and invest. Can probably eat on $30 a month, or lower. Interested in solar energy.

Don't waste your leftovers! :D

I haven't got that good yet. I am learning how to eat on $90 a month that used to be $189 a month

there you go WAKE , we do similar as far as the gardening , food preservation and goes .

Forum List

Back