Are you better off than you were four years ago?

What choices do you think people made to cause the price of Groceries to rise at the highest rate since 1979?
People didn’t make that choice. They made the choice to live paycheck-to-paycheck prior to covid.

People are stupid when it comes to financial planning. Then they hit an extra expense and want to whine about how unfair life is.

I don't want to make it sound as though my wife and I are wealthy. We're not. I prefer the word comfortable. So while we have noticed higher food prices they are of no consequence to us. They have no affect on our lifestyle. I can, however, appreciate that is not the case for millions of Americans for whom inflation has been a burden. To be more specific, my stock portfolio has recovered nicely since the Fed started its rate tightening cycle so we are better off now than we were after the COVID crash. Though I should say I'm an active investor, not someone who just owns index funds so my portfolio's performance is likely better than most.

However, regarding the Biden years, I do not think a cyclical bout with inflation rises to the level of being as problematic as the existential threat to democracy posed by Trump. I make that statement fully understanding devotees of Trump just can't see it. Possibly because of this phenomenon.

Most Republicans say Trump didn’t even try to overturn the election

The Economist and YouGov this week became the latest to publish a head-scratching poll showing Republicans rejecting basic facts about Trump and his legal jeopardy.

The poll asked people whether Trump was “involved in an attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia.” He, of course, was. Myriad pieces of evidence make that abundantly clear. We have a literal recording of him asking Georgia’s secretary of state to “find” just enough votes to overcome his deficit, and Trump on the call explicitly cited “flipping” the results in the state.

But to most Republicans, this apparently never happened. Just 18 percent in the YouGov poll said Trump was involved in trying to overturn Georgia’s results, compared to 59 percent who say he wasn’t.
It’s now the second poll to show the vast majority of Republicans saying Trump wasn’t even involved in trying to overturn the election. YouGov asked similar, non-Georgia-specific questions in August. Republicans said just 38-30 percent that there was an attempt to overturn the election. That’s shocking in and of itself. But then it showed only half of that 38 percent said Trump was personally involved.

If Repubs can deny Trump's involvement in the attempt to overturn the election then their capacity for distorting reality knows no limit.
You have displayed pure stupidity over and over. You are now displaying bigotry.

The only discussion one can have with you is to state you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground

People didn’t make that choice. They made the choice to live paycheck-to-paycheck prior to covid.

People are stupid when it comes to financial planning. Then they hit an extra expense and want to whine about how unfair life is.
Ok, not they are worse off now that prices have skyrocketed…that’s the point.

Ok, not they are worse off now that prices have skyrocketed…that’s the point.
They would have been worse off with any unexpected expense because they don‘t make good financial decisions.

They were living paycheck-to-paycheck prior to covid.

They would have been worse off with any unexpected expense because they don‘t make good financial decisions.

They were living paycheck-to-paycheck prior to covid.
So. You now say its their fault that prices went thru the roof, and they have??

Only government can cause inflation. Inflation is a tax because the gov. abuses the currency with wild spending.

That is why the Founders set enumerated powers. Few powers.. States handle their own affairs.

I just paid $3.15 for gas! how is anyone supposed to survive on such prices!

giphy.gif

Only government can cause inflation. Inflation is a tax because the gov. abuses the currency with wild spending.

That is why the Founders set enumerated powers. Few powers.. States handle their own affairs.

well, be sure to run out and vote for Trump yet again since he did such a fine with the wild spending :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

When did I say that? Of course it’s not their fault that prices went up.

We must all, however, be prepared for unexpected expenses. Many people were not. They were living paycheck-to-paycheck prior to 2019.

With all that extra money from Trumps tax cuts burning a whole in our pockets how could prices of everything not go up?

With all that extra money from Trumps tax cuts burning a whole in our pockets how could prices of everything not go up?
I came out dead even on Trump's tax cuts. But lefties in high tax states continue to squeal about not being able to deduct these taxes on their federal returns.

Forum List

Back