Are you angry over societies acceptance of homosexuals?

Are you angry at Americas growing acceptance of the gay community?

• Yes I'm mad!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No I think it's nice

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm noticing everyones disdain for gay pride parades ......

serious question, why are you going to gay pride parades?

Why am I going to parades period. Case in point- 4th of July parade Urbana, Illinois.
This is 1988 mind you...

The usual patriotic assemblage goes by... Color Guard, fire trucks, marching bands.

Then we have a group shouting "war, war, what's it for?" and "hey hey kill the innocents anyway", etc. My 4 year old picks up on this and shouts "kill them anyway".

Next, a pro-life religious group goes by with anti-abortion signs. Someone in the crowd shouts to a priest "maybe you should have been aborted".

Marching gays touting their existence, proclaiming equality, flouting the unique qualities of their being, etc. etc.

My point is- it's shoved down our fucking throats.

I honestly love my friends, relatives, and family who are gay. I've got no reason to NOT like homosexuals as individuals. But when they (or anyone for that matter) gets on their high horse and proclaims that I MUST accept and abide and condone... well then that's what I think is totally fucked up.

Wow!!!
What happened to your point?
Ha!

Ok ok, you don't have to answer why you were a a gay pride parade!

You've got to be kidding.
Why did you even bother to start this thread?
:lol::lol::lol:

I thought I covered that in my op? I've seen several posters post something to the effect of "I don't care if you're gay, but please keep it in the closet." it felt, to me, like they were honestly angry at societies acceptance of gays.

Last edited:
I'm noticing everyones disdain for gay pride parades ......

serious question, why are you going to gay pride parades?

Why am I going to parades period. Case in point- 4th of July parade Urbana, Illinois.
This is 1988 mind you...

The usual patriotic assemblage goes by... Color Guard, fire trucks, marching bands.

Then we have a group shouting "war, war, what's it for?" and "hey hey kill the innocents anyway", etc. My 4 year old picks up on this and shouts "kill them anyway".

Next, a pro-life religious group goes by with anti-abortion signs. Someone in the crowd shouts to a priest "maybe you should have been aborted".

Marching gays touting their existence, proclaiming equality, flouting the unique qualities of their being, etc. etc.

My point is- it's shoved down our fucking throats.

I honestly love my friends, relatives, and family who are gay. I've got no reason to NOT like homosexuals as individuals. But when they (or anyone for that matter) gets on their high horse and proclaims that I MUST accept and abide and condone... well then that's what I think is totally fucked up.

Totally understandable.

Clearly I'm attending different parades than you, as I don't recall ever seeing a gay pride float in a general parade, although I might have and simply didnt take notice.

Not any more in the closet than am I, a man married to a woman with 5 (count 'em, five) kids between us. Not in the closet, but NOT IN MY FUCKING FACE thank you very much.

I've only been a member of this board for less than a month, however in that time I've noticed what I would describe as an anger at America for the ever growing acceptance of homosexuals.

Now I'm not referring to gay marriage, I think that's a whole different argument, however there is an ever increasing tolerance and acceptance by Americans as a whole that seems to be building up an angry backlash.

Opinions?

And this animosity comes mostly from the right, as conservatives, for the most part, are fearful of, and hostile towards, diversity.

I've only been a member of this board for less than a month, however in that time I've noticed what I would describe as an anger at America for the ever growing acceptance of homosexuals.

Now I'm not referring to gay marriage, I think that's a whole different argument, however there is an ever increasing tolerance and acceptance by Americans as a whole that seems to be building up an angry backlash.

Opinions?

Are you angry at America for not accepting them?

I thought I covered that in my op? I've seen several posters post something to the effect of "I don't care if you're gay, but please keep it in the closet." it felt, to me, like they were honestly angry at societies acceptance of gays.

Mr. H, myself and others have attempted to explain what leads some to anger (again, your word).
The problem is that your assumption that public support of the gay agenda is leading some to anger is simply wrong...imo.
Everyone's attempting to help you out but you're not listening.

Opinions?

I'm 25, Ive never really lived in a world where it wasn't perfectly acceptable to be gay.

Mr. H, myself and others have attempted to explain what leads some to anger (again, your word).
The problem is that your assumption that public support of the gay agenda is leading some to anger is simply wrong...imo.

The in your face "gayness" correct? Hence why gay pride parades are mentioned?

I'm personally not a fan of PDA's, so I can understand that can be a serious issue for some.

Opinions?

I'm 25, Ive never really lived in a world where it wasn't perfectly acceptable to be gay.

Yes you have, you are just so full of white privilege you never noticed.

Opinions?

Actually... I figure if they had equal rights they wouldn't need to do a march would they?

Now I'll grant you there is still a bit of a woman/man problem even today as equal pay or whatever goes. But I don't see anybody burning bras anymore. If you don't want it in your face, support equal rights... Fixed the problem. *shrugs*

The in your face "gayness" correct? Hence why gay pride parades are mentioned?

I'm personally not a fan of PDA's, so I can understand that can be a serious issue for some.

Yeah, it's the PDAs, the disturbing verbal assaults against straights like the ones Mr. H mentioned, crap like the Chick Fil A drive thru guy...though he made it crystal clear that he has "not a gay" in him ;) , the forcing of controversial curriculum on our kids and all the rest.

For a group who claims to want everyone out of their bedrooms, it seems they couldn't be more backward in their approach.

Last edited:
It's sort of sad really that any individual no matter their color or sexual orientation or political affiliation doesn't have the confidence to be... confident. Not cocky, not self-absorbed, not braggadocious... just confident. Confident enough to blend in with society on an every day basis.

It takes moxy and courage. Maybe these are the qualities so many lack.

Hell, I'm a white dude married to a white dudette and we got the 5 chillins and a house and 2 cars- (and a newly aquired pop-em up camper)... yet my lack of confidence stems from the relentless bombardment of minorities who constantly remind me that I'm stomping on their individuality- WHICH I'M NOT.

So just fucking back off my ass, stop your constant crowing, and chill out. Get on with living and let me live my life while you're at it.

Forum List

Back