Are you an ideologue?

Very rarely will an ideologue admit to, or even REALIZE that, they're an ideologue. They seem to convince themselves that, not only are their views always mainstream, but anyone who doesn't agree with them is crazy and must be stopped, for the "good of" whatever.
So thinking you're mainstream is part of being an ideologue! How cool is that! Woot!

That sure does sound like a certain party i know of....:cool:

" That sure does sound like a certain party i know of.... "

This is the statement of an ideologue. The belief that the other side is bad but our side is good. An unwillingness to accept that many on both sides want a better life for us all, but have differing opinions on how to do it. Maybe even a difference on what 'a better life' really means. No real attempt to understand the another pov, much less an honest attempt to work out some kind of cooperative action to take.

Not saying the one who wrote this is an ideologue, no context was provided to base an opinion on. But the words themselves indicate such. We got big problems in this country, I think we better stop the infighting and get down to business or we're fucked. Even worse, so are our kids and grandkids.

Do you think you are a moderate or an extremist?

Do you think your side always right?

Or do you think maybe the other side is right once in awhile?

Me: moderate, somtimes a little right on some issues, sometimes a little left

NO

Not very damn often

I am a realist

I oppose semi-automatic firearms for the civilian population and I supported the Brady Bill though I don't believe it want far enough.

I assume you meant fully automatic weapons, as there’s no point banning a Mini 14, AR, SKS, or an M1; not to mention the vast majority of civilian handguns are semi-auto.

Which goes to the OP: an ideologue adheres blindly to the dogma of his political ideology, ignoring conflicting facts altogether.

A semi-automatic rifle is not an ‘assault weapon.’

‘Banning’ abortion would not stop abortion.

Denying same-sex couples access to marriage will not stop same-sex couples’ desire to marry, or end homosexuality in general.

Drug testing welfare recipients, voter ID laws, and denying undocumented citizens due process have no basis in fact or evidence whatsoever, yet the ideologue will advocate these policies regardless.

I suppose it depends on what one consider to be a partisan ideologue. It has been my consistent experience that partisan ideologues deploy spin, denial, diversion, deflection, distortion, hyperbole, omission and outright lies so that they can "apply their principles consistently", and they appear to do it as second nature. And since those tactics are intellectually dishonest, ideologues really have no credibility.

^ This.

Forum List

Back