Are you a hugger?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
You know..one of those people that HAS to invade someone else's space and hug them?

Not me. I have this force field shield that goes up immediately if anyone comes within 3 feet of me. I back up. What's worse is..they throw their arms out like I am going to walk into their embrace? Um. No. And don't come in mine, thankyouverymuch. Or those people that have to get right in your face when they talk to you? Um. No. Back off!

I think it's because I was raised in a non hugging environment. I would hug my dad all the time, so that means I should be a hugger towards men? But that is not the case. When I tried to hug my mom, she would push me away and say I would muss her hair or wrinkle her clothes...so I was "trained" to not hug her. Same with my sister. We never hugged. And now that we are old, we STILL don't do it. We do the fake air hug, light pat pat twice on the shoulder, back way off. I think that is because we used to huddle together when stripped naked and beat with Ma's belt and the only escape we had to avoid the welts and stings was to hug tight..which we were then accused of "being nasty" because our non formed breasts would be touching and that pissed Ma off more where she beat us harder. So not only were we ashamed of "touching" our naked bodies, we were confused and scared on how to protect ourselves. (Ma was a nutbar). Daddy of course never did such things and we used to hide from Ma when she was on the warpath by crawling in his lap and hiding behind his newspaper. But daddy wasn't around most of the time when she went bonkers over whatever wacko reason landed in her fucked up head.

Anyway..I digress. Hugging is a no no for me. BAD. "Nasty". And to this day, I avoid anyone that slings their arms out and wants a hug.

How about you? You a hugger?

I'm getting to where I don't even wanna shake hands. Not cuz I am afraid of germs...I am, but not to that extent...but mostly because firm handshakes HURT. Even the lightest squeeze is painful with my joints getting smooshed together. So...since so many diseases are being spread nowadays, its a good excuse to fist bump and explain when they reach for my hand to state I have RA and I cannot grasp nor can take a grasp due to that and hope they understand. I don't wanna be rude and leave their hand hanging there, but I also don't want to wince either.

Kids, family, maybe some bro hugging.

other than that, don't fucking touch me.

I friend invited me to his church, when he introduced me to the preacher, I stuck out my hand, he moved in and hugged me, I was so shocked I stood there with my hand being smashed between us.

completely creeped out but trapped in minding my manners in church. Kinda funny now,,,, now.

Depends on who it is and how happy I am to see them. If I haven't seen them in a long time, then probably a hug would be appropriate. If it is someone that I REALLY like and I'm excited to see them, then a hug would be good. :D

I'm not a hugger. However, over the years I've become less creeped out by the spontaneous and sometimes stealth huggers that I seem to attact. LOL

Not only hugging, but kissing. My wife's cousin, who fortunately we seldom see, insists on kissing on the lips upon greeting us.

I do my best to avoid her.

Not only hugging, but kissing. My wife's cousin, who fortunately we seldom see, insists on kissing on the lips upon greeting us.

Maybe you should kiss her back all passionately. Then maybe she would stop doing it. :lol:
sick-weirdo.jpg

Maybe you should kiss her back all passionately. Then maybe she would stop doing it. :lol:
sick-weirdo.jpg

:dunno: Well, they aren't really related! I think it would be funny and it would probably freak her out too and she might never kiss him again. Two birds with one stone! :lol:

sick-weirdo.jpg

:dunno: Well, they aren't really related! I think it would be funny and it would probably freak her out too and she might never kiss him again. Two birds with one stone! :lol:
Agreed, but I just don't have the stomach for that.

I might throw up on her feet after doing that, which would likely have a preventable effect.

You know..one of those people that HAS to invade someone else's space and hug them?

Only people I love, and I'm EXTRA huggy, like husband/kids.

Everyone else, no. I don't like my personal space invaded, I hate when people touch me when they are talking to me, and I really like people to keep about 3 feet away from me also at work.

You just made me gag.

Make sure you tell your wife first though. She might get mad at you. :ack-1:
don't be so quick to judge.

if this is a 2nd or 3rd cousin, I see some real potential here.

sick-weirdo.jpg

Agreed, but I just don't have the stomach for that.

I might throw up on her feet after doing that, which would likely have a preventable effect.

That works too! :lol:

Only people I love, and I'm EXTRA huggy, like husband/kids.

Everyone else, no. I don't like my personal space invaded, I hate when people touch me when they are talking to me, and I really like people to keep about 3 feet away from me also at work.
Agreed.

Though I don't have a husband...I have a gorgeous wonderful wife that I do enjoy hugging, among other things.

Forum List

Back