Batman/Mysterio: Civilization

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This comics-stylized civilization critique tale was inspired by the modernism-paranoia films Mission: Impossible and Batman Begins!

Signing off,

====

Bruce Wayne was Gotham City's most prominent socialite-businessman and CEO of the lucrative Wayne Enterprises, which he inherited from his father after he was killed (along with Bruce's mother) in a Gotham street after a late-night opera post-performance evening-walk. Bruce was engaged to the lovely Selina Kyle (an employee of Wayne Enterprises) and a big fan of comic books! Bruce was actually Gotham's conspicuous masked vigilante named 'Batman.' Batman built an elaborate underground 'lair' (which he termed the Bat-Cave), fitted with computers and monitors providing him with a day-to-day 'supervision' of Gotham's capitalism activities. From Batman's Bat-Cave, any suspicious anti-commerce activities (terrorism, crime syndicate deeds, narcotics-trafficking, etc.) could be easily viewed.

batcave.png

Batman has incarcerated members of the nefarious Red Hood Gang as well as the eco-terrorist Poison Ivy and the masked-maniac Scarecrow. All of these devils were caged in Arkham Asylum, Gotham's center for the holding of the city's most dangerous criminally-insane individuals. Batman felt confident Gotham was going in the right direction until a new nemesis rose to prominence, a helmeted ghoul named 'Mysterio' who himself had fashioned a computer-lair from which he could send pirate-signals and perform Internet-hacking activities to confound normal commercial activities (some related to Wayne Enterprises). Mysterio wanted to ruin Bruce Wayne and hypothesized that Bruce was actually Batman. Mysterio plotted to expose this 'secret' and trap Batman in a terrible 'capitalism-game.'

lair.jpg

Mysterio kidnapped the Gotham mayor and then sent a ransom-note to the Gotham Gazette demanding that Batman meet him privately on the rooftop of the Gotham Opera House on Halloween Eve. There, Mysterio would see if Batman could answer Mysterio's questions regarding the hypocritical contradictions of capitalism-theory, and if Batman failed to do so, Mysterio would threaten the security of Wayne Enterprises (and see if Batman became frustrated enough to reveal to everyone that he was really Bruce Wayne!). Batman met Mysterio on the Opera House rooftop that Halloween and began a symbolic debate with the anti-social 'super-villain.'

BATMAN: What do you want?
MYSTERIO: I want to test your faith in capitalism...
BATMAN: Are you a terrorist?
MYSTERIO: I'm simply a 'prophet.'
BATMAN: Interesting, but what is your interest in Gotham?
MYSTERIO: I despise Wayne Enterprises (and Bruce Wayne!).
BATMAN: Why?
MYSTERIO: Commercial 'society' makes for unscrupulous dealings.
BATMAN: Greedy politicians are separate from crimelords...
MYSTERIO: Perhaps, but do you think pedestrians care about Arkham?
BATMAN: Criminal insanity is the study of learned psychologists...
MYSTERIO: Who can deny that capitalism makes mad-men of investors?
BATMAN: If I take you to Arkham, you can talk openly about anti-social rage!
MYSTERIO: Alright, but you must promise me to exorcise Wayne Enterprises.
BATMAN: You're an unusual 'critic'...but I promise.

====

hero-villain.jpg

Forum List

Back