Are you a climate change denier?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"
Executive Summary

It is well-established that global warming has resulted in global sea-level rise. Since 1870, average global sea level has risen by about 8 inches. As the climate has become increasingly warmer, the annual rate of sea-level rise has accelerated. Average annual sea-level rise between 1993 and 2011 was 78 percent higher than between 1961 and 1993.

Four county governments in Southeast Florida, in response to impacts of sea-level rise, established the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact in January 2010. The purpose of this agreement between the county governments of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties – which have a combined population of 5.6 million — is to develop mitigation and adaptation strategies through joint efforts and to actively inform critical policymaking and government funding decisions at the state and federal levels."
Sea-Level Rise and its Impact on Florida World Resources Institute

Odd how one can deny something people already being effected by it are trying to mitigate.

"
Executive Summary

It is well-established that global warming has resulted in global sea-level rise. Since 1870, average global sea level has risen by about 8 inches. As the climate has become increasingly warmer, the annual rate of sea-level rise has accelerated. Average annual sea-level rise between 1993 and 2011 was 78 percent higher than between 1961 and 1993.

Four county governments in Southeast Florida, in response to impacts of sea-level rise, established the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact in January 2010. The purpose of this agreement between the county governments of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach Counties – which have a combined population of 5.6 million — is to develop mitigation and adaptation strategies through joint efforts and to actively inform critical policymaking and government funding decisions at the state and federal levels."

Odd how one can deny something people already being effected by it are trying to mitigate.

Dr. Nils-Axel Mörner (head of the Paleogeophysics and Geodynamics department at Stockholm University) talked about the IPCC misrepresentation of sea level data: “Then, in 2003, the same data set, which in their [IPCC's] publications,... was a straight line—suddenly it changed, and showed a very strong line of uplift, 2.3 mm per year, the same as from the tide gauge... It was the original one which they had suddenly twisted up, because they entered a “correction factor,” ... I accused them of this at the Academy of Sciences in Moscow —I said you have introduced factors from outside; it's not a measurement. It looks like it is measured from the satellite, but you don't say what really happened. And they answered, that we had to do it, because otherwise we would not have gotten any trend! That is terrible! As a matter of fact, it is a falsification of the data set. ... So all this talk that sea level is rising, this stems from the computer modeling, not from observations. The observations don't find it! I have been the expert reviewer for the IPCC, both in 2000 and last year. The first time I read it, I was exceptionally surprised.

FAEC -

"
Executive Summary

Dr. Nils-Axel Mörner (head of the Paleogeophysics and Geodynamics department at Stockholm University) talked about the IPCC misrepresentation of sea level data: “Then, in 2003, the same data set, which in their [IPCC's] publications,... was a straight line—suddenly it changed, and showed a very strong line of uplift, 2.3 mm per year, the same as from the tide gauge... It was the original one which they had suddenly twisted up, because they entered a “correction factor,” ... I accused them of this at the Academy of Sciences in Moscow —I said you have introduced factors from outside; it's not a measurement. It looks like it is measured from the satellite, but you don't say what really happened. And they answered, that we had to do it, because otherwise we would not have gotten any trend! That is terrible! As a matter of fact, it is a falsification of the data set. ... So all this talk that sea level is rising, this stems from the computer modeling, not from observations. The observations don't find it! I have been the expert reviewer for the IPCC, both in 2000 and last year. The first time I read it, I was exceptionally surprised.

FAEC -

Can spoof data pretty easily. But pictures of plants and trees which obviously didn't develop under sea water, but are underwater now don't leave any room for data spoofing.

Nukutoa-High-Tide.jpg

I do not deny that climate changes all the time. It's the nature of a dynamic system

Are you a climate change denier?

There used to be a mile thick sheet of ice over Chicago.
I just looked out the window. The ice is gone.
If we spent trillions on less reliable, more expensive "green energy" and crushed our economy, could we get the ice back?
Why not? Why is the current climate perfect?
How much will it cost to stop the climate from changing from this point?

"
Executive Summary

FAEC -

Can spoof data pretty easily. But pictures of plants and trees which obviously didn't develop under sea water, but are underwater now don't leave any room for data spoofing.

Nukutoa-High-Tide.jpg

LOL! Erosion is new?

Say, you should tell us all how much sea levels have risen over the past 8,000 years...THAT'S something to be impressed with...

"
Executive Summary

FAEC -

Nukutoa-High-Tide.jpg

LOL! Erosion is new?

Say, you should tell us all how much sea levels have risen over the past 8,000 years...THAT'S something to be impressed with...

That's not erosion. That's a low-lying Pacific island and among the first who notice when sea levels rise.

"
Executive Summary

FAEC -

Nukutoa-High-Tide.jpg

LOL! Erosion is new?

That's not erosion. That's a low-lying Pacific island and among the first who notice when sea levels rise.

LOL! Of course it's beach erosion. Cyclical weather patterns, with time scales of months to decades, cause changes in beach equilibrium conditions. The process of adjustment occurs more or less continually. Left alone, the beach will probably restore itself in time.

Same thing happens in the Great Lakes.

"
Executive Summary

I am cynical that the SLR rise jumped from 2mm/yr to 3mm/yr at the exact time that we started measuring SLR by satellites. What is even more interesting is the maps of SLR that show 20+ year trends of high SLR right next to low trends. Does that sound like actual water effects or gravity effects? Why are the tide gauges that are used to calibrate the satellite altimetry not publically posted for inspection? Why is the GIA adjustment added for recent years but not extrapolated back in history? What was the cause of the dip in the 00's? So many questions, so few available and logical answers that are mutually compatible.

Everyone admits that the climate is changing. It's never not been changing in the history of the planet.

I'm not particularly concerned about man-made global warming, or the science that supports a devastating paradigm of global warmaggedeon.

However, that doesn't mean I don't want to breathe clean air. I don't want the atmosphere to be used as a dumping ground for industrial flatulence. While I'm not particularly concerned about 400ppm CO2, I don't really want benzene in my air. I'm not a huge fan of breathing sulfur dioxide. I wouldn't order leaded gasoline fumes at an air spa (if such a thing as an air spa exists).

The climate has not changed as it is currently at any prior point in human history. CO2 levels and ocean pH are presently changing at rates orders of magnitude greater than instances in which such changes led to mass extinctions.

But you're not worried. Good to see you've thought carefully about your position.

The climate has not changed as it is currently at any prior point in human history. CO2 levels and ocean pH are presently changing at rates orders of magnitude greater than instances in which such changes led to mass extinctions.

But you're not worried. Good to see you've thought carefully about your position.

I'm not impressed with the science and the methods by which those conclusions were reached. They're too subjective.

I'm not particularly concerned with CO2 as it relates to ocean acidification. I'm far more concerned with raw sewage, nitrogen and toxins being dumped in the ocean. It's disgusting. I can't even enjoy swimming in the ocean when I think about it.

Any thread that uses the term DENIER is a political whores play ground. The term is derogatory and serves no useful purpose but to stifle the truth and is used by those who wish to keep the truth hidden to further their agenda..

The simple use of the term outs the user as nothing more than a political hack and shows the lack of any integrity.

"
Executive Summary

Not so hard if you live in the middle of the country aka the bible belt.

So?

BTW, prove it, oh wait, you can't you ain't got an experiment.

"
Executive Summary

FAEC -

Nukutoa-High-Tide.jpg
A large portion of the US was under water at one time,nothing stays the same ever,including climate.Who's denying what?

Forum List

Back