CDZ Are we teaching our children the right things?

Being open and curious to new ideas, is how we have an opioid epidemic going on.

Maybe you missed it, but it is exactly those self-proclaimed "open-minded people", that are spewing the most hate.
I'm far less concerned with what people claim to be than what their actions are.

And are you saying that being open and curious is a bad thing?

Is being open to trying cocaine, and curious about what is like to be on it, a bad thing or good thing? You tell me.
Not a good thing. I notice you can only think of examples of bad things.

Clearly you don't think that curiosity and being open to new ideas is good.

Of course, that's how innovation and advancement happen, yet you don't like it. Yet you're reading this message on a computer screen that was the result of curiosity and innovation.

Sadly, you're not alone. You don't need to be afraid of new ideas.

When you look at the sadness and misery in our culture today, the vast majority is caused by people who think the way you do.
How does being thoughtful and independent instead of utterly dogmatic and partisan create sadness and misery?

It's actually the other way around. The entire history of humanity is rife with acts of barbarity at the hands of the true believer

No, that's crap. Don't give me your messed up left-wing re-write of history.

Besides, I'm talking about here, now. In this country, if you look at the 40s 50s and 60s, all those people had a clear understanding of right and wrong, of good and bad. They hand a 'closed minded' concept of male and female.

We have a much more 'open minded' view of everything today, and people are not happier by any conceivable measure.

Not so sure about your opinion, the reason I say that is that Obama caged children, also. So
sad that parents would put their children in that situation. I'm sure your parents, as mine, would
have never done that to you or I.

Obama didn't cage children like Trump is. I'm not sure what this argument of defending Trump of "But, but, but Obama did something similar if you squint the right way."

Nor would I blame the parents trying to get their children out of a war zone for the awful policies of this administration.

Yeah he did. What are you talking about?

Obama officials rushed to explain photos from 2014 that went viral showing locked-up immigrant children — and Trump's facilities look the same

This was from 2014. It was well known. I'm amazed how things can happen just a few years back.... and when it's "their guy" everyone has collective amnesia. Now that it's Trump if office... now it's a big deal? It wasn't when the partisan hacks had their guy in office... but now it is?

.... So childish.

I'm far less concerned with what people claim to be than what their actions are.

Is being open to trying cocaine, and curious about what is like to be on it, a bad thing or good thing? You tell me.

Of course, that's how innovation and advancement happen, yet you don't like it. Yet you're reading this message on a computer screen that was the result of curiosity and innovation.

When you look at the sadness and misery in our culture today, the vast majority is caused by people who think the way you do.
How does being thoughtful and independent instead of utterly dogmatic and partisan create sadness and misery?

It's actually the other way around. The entire history of humanity is rife with acts of barbarity at the hands of the true believer

Besides, I'm talking about here, now. In this country, if you look at the 40s 50s and 60s, all those people had a clear understanding of right and wrong, of good and bad. They hand a 'closed minded' concept of male and female.

We have a much more 'open minded' view of everything today, and people are not happier by any conceivable measure.
Contrary to what appears to be popular opinion here, being "open minded" doesn't mean a person mindlessly goes along with everything they hear.

It means to be curious and at least understand various points of view. You're not required to agree with anything, but the more you know, the smarter the decisions you can make. Knowledge is an advantage. Knowledge is power. Ignorance is ignorance.

A person can make a better argument against something that they understand. Otherwise, that person is arguing out of pure, shallow ignorance, which makes them a delightfully easy target.

Living a closed, incurious life must be a real bore. I wouldn't want to set a kid up for that.

Last edited:

Im a left winger, now am I? Thanks so much for that!

It is usually the dumb shit leftists here calling me a right winger so I appreciate your acknowledgement.

Looks like my work here is done!

Im a left winger, now am I? Thanks so much for that!

It is usually the dumb shit leftists here calling me a right winger so I appreciate your acknowledgement.

Looks like my work here is done!
This place can really be a hoot.

This was from 2014. It was well known. I'm amazed how things can happen just a few years back.... and when it's "their guy" everyone has collective amnesia. Now that it's Trump if office... now it's a big deal? It wasn't when the partisan hacks had their guy in office... but now it is?

and there was an explanation in 2014... there isn't a good reason to do it now... that's the point.

and there was an explanation in 2014... there isn't a good reason to do it now... that's the point.
Thank you for your opinion, Joe.
There seems to be differing opinions.

And this is what we're teaching our kids.

Stick to your tribe, ignore your own faults, it's always someone else's fault, and they must be attacked in any way possible, don't think, don't give an inch, no matter what, ever, period.

For the zillionth time, I bring up a point, and many jump right in to illustrate it for me.

You shouldn't hang around liberals.

Right.

Stick to your tribe.

Teach your kids to hate the "enemy"

WAR FOR LIFE and FOREVER against our ENEMIES! (people who are not like us)

Stick to your tribe, ignore your own faults, it's always someone else's fault, and they must be attacked in any way possible, don't think, don't give an inch, no matter what, ever, period.

For the zillionth time, I bring up a point, and many jump right in to illustrate it for me.

Right.

Stick to your tribe.

Nobody is teaching their children to hate the enemy.
We teach them to hate evil.

There's a difference. But leftists can't figure it out, it's personal to them, because they have embraced evil and they can't separate it out from their personality. So they internalize hatred towards evil as hatred towards them, personally.

Oh well.

"Besides, I'm talking about here, now. In this country, if you look at the 40s 50s and 60s, all those people had a clear understanding of right and wrong, of good and bad. They hand a 'closed minded' concept of male and female."

and quite often they were CLEARLY wrong!

It was WRONG to hate gays, to discriminate against them, to have LAWS against them, to arrest and punish them, to cause them to hate themselves because YOU hated them so much.....

It was WRONG to destroy peoples lives simply because they smoked pot

They were also very wrong about relationships, divorce and sex before marriage.

"We have a much more 'open minded' view of everything today, and people are not happier by any conceivable measure. "

So you'd rather be a mindless, but happy, slave?

What you really mean is "CONSERVATIVES are not happy"

Too bad, snowflake...

"Besides, I'm talking about here, now. In this country, if you look at the 40s 50s and 60s, all those people had a clear understanding of right and wrong, of good and bad. They hand a 'closed minded' concept of male and female."

It was WRONG to hate gays, to discriminate against them, to have LAWS against them, to arrest and punish them, to cause them to hate themselves because YOU hated them so much.....

"We have a much more 'open minded' view of everything today, and people are not happier by any conceivable measure. "

Too bad, snowflake...
^^^^Another example of the cognitive dissonance of the left.

There is nothing of logic in that whole, rambling eruption.

Right.

Stick to your tribe.

There's a difference. But leftists can't figure it out, it's personal to them, because they have embraced evil and they can't separate it out from their personality. So they internalize hatred towards evil as hatred towards them, personally.

Oh well.

"
We teach them to hate evil."

and what is evil?

homosexuality?
pot smoking?
divorce?
sex before marriage?

affordable health care?
a livable minimum wage?
affordable education?

atheism?
evolution?

Too bad, snowflake...

No, they were not quite often wrong.

And no, Conservatives as a whole, are generally more happy people than left-wingers.

Right.

Stick to your tribe.

Oh well.

"

and what is evil?

homosexuality?
pot smoking?
divorce?
sex before marriage?

affordable health care?
a livable minimum wage?
affordable education?

atheism?
evolution?

Evil is anti-social, criminal, anti-human depravity. And any ideology that celebrates and subsidizes criminality, depravity, violence, and abuse.

Too bad, snowflake...

If you believe that then you merely prove how illogical and irrational you are.

You couldn't even debate one of my points.

Too bad, snowflake...

Of course I did. You don't understand it because you are one of the brainwashed, mentally ill minions of evil.

The fact that you honestly believe you made any *points* is evidence of your cognitive dissonance...mental illness brought on by years of patterning. Or maybe, in your case, mental illness in addition to the cognitive dissonance brought on by years of programming.

Right.

Stick to your tribe.

Oh well.

"

and what is evil?

homosexuality?
pot smoking?
divorce?
sex before marriage?

affordable health care?
a livable minimum wage?
affordable education?

atheism?
evolution?

Evil is anti-social, criminal, anti-human depravity. And any ideology that celebrates and subsidizes criminality, depravity, violence, and abuse.

Care to give even 1 example?

homosexuality?
pot smoking?
divorce?
sex before marriage?

affordable health care?
a livable minimum wage?
affordable education?

atheism?
evolution?

Right.

Stick to your tribe.

Oh well.

"

and what is evil?

homosexuality?
pot smoking?
divorce?
sex before marriage?

affordable health care?
a livable minimum wage?
affordable education?

atheism?
evolution?
"

and what is evil?

homosexuality? YES
pot smoking? YES
divorce? YES
sex before marriage? YES

affordable health care? If stealing the wealth of others to pay for it, YES
a livable minimum wage? Not inherently, but because the results are that people lose their jobs, and businesses are destroyed, then it is bad policy.
affordable education? If stealing the wealth of others to pay for it, YES

atheism? YES
evolution? YES, and it's ridiculously ignorant of science to believe in it.

Too bad, snowflake...

Of course I did. You don't understand it because you are one of the brainwashed, mentally ill minions of evil.

yawn

Forum List

Back