Are voter ID laws inherently racist? Let's ask!

ALL voter ID laws provide for easily-obtainable state ID cards, for those who lack a driver's license or other identifying documents. All of them also permit a wide variety of documents as acceptable alternatives to a driver's license.

The reason why Voter ID laws are "controversial" is because Leftists have chosen to call them racist and discriminatory. Once the slanders start, any data produced becomes irrelevant.

If I were emperor, only a U.S passport would be acceptable voter ID, and elections would be held between noon and 4pm on a Sunday. Period. Only those voting in that period or standing in line at the end of it can vote.

Then make it easier for people to get ID. ID's are needed for gaining employment, opening banking and other accounts, operating a vehicle, etc etc etc.

The bigger problem isn't fake voting. It is people voting in the wrong wards and precincts because they no longer live where they did when they registered. This can have a disenfranchising effect on legitimate voters if people outside their area are coming inside their area to vote for councilmen, state reps, etc.

What kind of grown person has no way of providing identification? That's a standard I really don't have a problem with at all. We have a voting age because a certain level of maturity and competence should be required when making an important decision like that.

You already have to have an I.D. to vote. It's a redundant question.

ALL voter ID laws provide for easily-obtainable state ID cards, for those who lack a driver's license or other identifying documents. All of them also permit a wide variety of documents as acceptable alternatives to a driver's license.

The reason why Voter ID laws are "controversial" is because Leftists have chosen to call them racist and discriminatory. Once the slanders start, any data produced becomes irrelevant.

If I were emperor, only a U.S passport would be acceptable voter ID, and elections would be held between noon and 4pm on a Sunday. Period. Only those voting in that period or standing in line at the end of it can vote.

That’s just stupid, there are roughly 250 million citizens of voting age in this country and you want to limit voting to 4 hours? I guess those that work and can’t leave are just fucked in your world.

Voting should be a multi day event to give everyone the equal opportunity to vote.

Then make it easier for people to get ID. ID's are needed for gaining employment, opening banking and other accounts, operating a vehicle, etc etc etc.

The bigger problem isn't fake voting. It is people voting in the wrong wards and precincts because they no longer live where they did when they registered. This can have a disenfranchising effect on legitimate voters if people outside their area are coming inside their area to vote for councilmen, state reps, etc.

it cant get much easier than it currently is if all you need is a state ID,,,

It all comes down to individual responsibility. It is your responsibility to get proper ID and it is your responsibility to find out where you are supposed to vote. If you are too stupid or lazy to do that, then you don't get to vote.

That’s just stupid, there are roughly 250 million citizens of voting age in this country and you want to limit voting to 4 hours? I guess those that work and can’t leave are just fucked in your world.

Voting should be a multi day event to give everyone the equal opportunity to vote.

one days seemed to be enough for the last 235 yrs,,,

Many states have added days, out of necessity.

235 years ago less than 50,000 people voted, today we have 120 million doing so.

It all comes down to individual responsibility. It is your responsibility to get proper ID and it is your responsibility to find out where you are supposed to vote. If you are too stupid or lazy to do that, then you don't get to vote.

You can't vote without a voters registration card. Everyone with a voters registration card has already provided the proper ID to get one.

So now

235 years ago less than 50,000 people voted, today we have 120 million doing so.
so now you are saying blacks need multiple days to get them to vote.. now if that doesn’t work will you request a month? Lol

which states are those???

with early voting its not been a problem here in missouri, I've never taken more the 30 minutes and I'm in a high pop area

You can't vote without a voters registration card. Everyone with a voters registration card has already provided the proper ID to get one.

I have never had to have my voter registration card ever to vote :dunno:

but how do they know its your registration card???

Forum List

Back