Are There Any In The Realm Of Politics Whom You Genuinely Admire...?

1) George Washington because he irritated the King George III and defeated him
2) Dwight Eisenhower because he irritated Hitler and defeated him
3) Sam Houston because he irritated Santa Ana and defeated him
4) George W. Bush because he irritated Saddam Hussein and defeated him

Last edited:

I kind of to agree with Bush not because he irritated Saddam but because he still irritates the left to this day.:badgrin:

I kind of to agree with Bush not because he irritated Saddam but because he still irritates the left to this day.:badgrin:

I dunno... the fact that somebody is "irritating" doesn't seem like a great basis of respect. That's kind of like basing a political position on what you're against rather than what you're for.

When asked why he chose William Miller for a running mate, Goldwater said ""he drives [President] Johnson nuts"." I don't remember how that campaign worked out though...

well, if that's gonna be the basis for admiration, then I admire myself for pissing off certain folks in here... :)

James Carville

The thread is about people from the "REALM of POLITICS"

not Middle-Earth

40james_carville_gollum.jpg

The oxygen must be thin in that 'Higher Plain' you're from.

I can only assure you that you'd be in WAY over your head.

Last edited:
people who are currently active in the realm of politics...

elected officials, unelected candidates, pundits, commentators, philosophers, etc...

in the US or elsewhere...
Glen Greenwald
Senator Bernie Sanders
Dylan Ratigan
Karen Finney
Senator Olympia Snowe
Christopher Hayes
Rachel Maddow

elected officials, unelected candidates, pundits, commentators, philosophers, etc...

Glen Greenwald
Senator Bernie Sanders
Dylan Ratigan
Karen Finney
Senator Olympia Snowe
Christopher Hayes
Rachel Maddow

You only like Olymia and Rachel because they're so hawt.

Glen Greenwald
Senator Bernie Sanders
Dylan Ratigan
Karen Finney
Senator Olympia Snowe
Christopher Hayes
Rachel Maddow

You only like Olymia and Rachel because they're so hawt.
I think Rachel is cute.
RachelMaddow.jpg

Rachel-Maddow-20906341-1-402.jpg

But that's not why I picked her.

I lean more to admiring the things people say or do. There are a few that I actually admire the person, like Cindy Sheehan. I like people who don't sell out and stay true to their cause.

But most of the time, it's the actions I admire. And I have found that has put me in certain situations where I've admired people I generally detest or disagree with 99% of the time. A few examples are:
  • George Bush - I admired his response to reporters when they asked him about is DUI he got in his younger days and he told them, "It's none of your business!" I like that, because that's how I would've responded.
  • John McCain - When he responded to a lady calling Obama a muslim during a townhall meeting, by grabbing the microphone and telling her, "No, he's not a muslim. He's just someone who loves his country that I disagree with."
  • John McCain - Just recently when he said during an interview that this new movie about getting Bin Laden wasn't entirely factual with the truth in regards to obtaining information using "enhanced interrogation" (which actually torture to those who still have souls). He said no information of Bin Laden's whereabouts, was obtained from torturing detainees.
I admired Roger Ailes for benching Morris and Rove.

I admired our own toastman for coming out and saying the shooting of Palestinian fishing boats while they're trying to haul in their catch is not to cool.

I admired Rottweiler for saying he doesn't support the Patriot Act.

And believe it or not, I admired irosie91 the other day when we went about 3-4 posts where we actually had a conversation without any of the usual vitriol.

Curious about this one: I lean more to admiring the things people say or do. There are a few that I actually admire the person, like Cindy Sheehan. I like people who don't sell out and stay true to their cause.

Didn't she go completely silent once Obama won? The war had not ended and as I recall she didn't protest at one democrat house that voted for either war. She was a tool in my opinon.

Glen Greenwald
Senator Bernie Sanders
Dylan Ratigan
Karen Finney
Senator Olympia Snowe
Christopher Hayes
Rachel Maddow

Can't get behind most of this list, but I have to second Greenwald. Consistently principled and rational - all too rare for a modern liberal (or a conservative for that matter).

Forum List

Back