Are There Any In The Realm Of Politics Whom You Genuinely Admire...?

Allen West, Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Tom Coburn, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Andrew Wilkow, S.E. Cupp, Condoleeza Rice, Collin Powell, Chris Christie, Nicki Haley, Dan Bongino

Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only two politicians I respect.
The rest are nothing but pond scum parasites looking to line their own pockets.

George HW Bush, for being one of the genuinely most evil men that ever walked the face of the Earth yet being able to convince most everyone he was a bumbling, old Grandpa. He's probably Satan himself. Reagan must have gotten a sick feeling when the Republican Establishment told him Satan was going to be his running mate and only God's intervention kept Reagan alive.

The other two people I truly admire are Ron Paul and Sarah Palin. Paul has already been discussed. She's not a pedigree, she's a mutt like most of us. She put herself through school, got involved in politics and campaigned and governed as a Conservative. She has taken the more abuse than any other person in politics and she comes out laughing in the faces of the miserable Progressives.

Current Politician: Barack Obama
Former President my lifetime: Bill Clinton
Past President: FDR
Conservative Politician Chris Christie
Liberal Pundit: Thom Hartmann
Conservative Pundit: Meghan McCain
Liberal Humorist: Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Hal Sparks
Conservative Humorist: Ha Ha.......as if they exist.

McCain and Christie are conservatives? News to me. McCain is well-known for criticizing conservatives.

Christie is loved by many conservatives, but is himself one? Does he call himself one?

I'm not calling them RINO's. Simply disagreeing with the conservative appellation.

Last edited:
McCain and Christie are conservatives? News to me. McCain is well-known for criticizing conservatives.

Christie is loved by many conservatives, but is himself one? Does he call himself one?

I'm not calling them RINO's. Simply disagreeing with the conservative appellation.

Of course he is/they are. Trying to redefine "conservative" toward "tea party wacko" doesn't move the subjects... it moves the definition. Eisenhower was conservative too.

Christie was on the top of my list too, and I'll bet for the same reason: being a "conservative" (or "liberal" or any other label) does not mean being a lockstep conservative where every position is subservient to some prefab party doctrine. I'd far prefer somebody, of any ideology, who makes each decision based on its merits rather than on "what is the DNC or RNC going to think of this?". The more we can get politicians away from that kind of mental enslavement, the better candidate choices we will have.

John McCain for this part has been independent enough to take a few honest positions (e.g. media monopoly), but not enough for my taste. But the more of that independence there is, the better off we all are.

Political parties and their slavish ideological cookie cutter pavement, that has to go. Yesterday.

One more: Russ Feingold, the only Senator to vote against the USA PATRIOT Act.

Last edited:

Of course he is/they are. Trying to redefine "conservative" toward "tea party wacko" doesn't move the subjects... it moves the definition. Eisenhower was conservative too.

Christie was on the top of my list too, and I'll bet for the same reason: being a "conservative" (or "liberal" or any other label) does not mean being a lockstep conservative where every position is subservient to some prefab party doctrine. I'd far prefer somebody, of any ideology, who makes each decision based on its merits rather than on "what is the DNC or RNC going to think of this?". The more we can get politicians away from that kind of mental enslavement, the better candidate choices we will have.

John McCain for this part has been independent enough to take a few honest positions (e.g. media monopoly), but not enough for my taste. But the more of that independence there is, the better off we all are.

Political parties and their slavish ideological cookie cutter pavement, that has to go. Yesterday.

One more: Russ Feingold, the only Senator to vote against the USA PATRIOT Act.

Russ Feingold was a sell out. Filibustering Bush's extension of the Patriot Act but going silent when Obama extended it.

If Feingold had had more integrity he might have kept his Senate seat. But he made it clear his vote was his party's when they needed it, and his independence was a luxury he allowed himself when it wouldn't hurt his party's vote count or create a bad news cycle for them.

Now back to McCain and Christie, what is conservative about them?

And the McCain in question was Meghan, not John.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back