Are The Republicans actually going to do anything?

Something tells me that you couldn't explain any difference (if there are any) between the paygo rules that were scrapped when Bush came into office and what the Dems have reinstated.

Did you have a point in there somewhere? Something tells me you couldn't explain any difference between having something relevant to post and posting inane besides the point nonsense, if you are actually interested in the difference go read the BEA/1990 and HJR 45 (you know the one that also increased the debt limit to $14.2 TRILLION) and compare the two. :rolleyes:

My point was that you're talking out of your hat and don't have a clue what you're talking about. Case in point. The raising of the debt ceiling was done before the congress re-instituted the pay go rules.

Actually it was done together on Feb. 4, 2010. Having siad this, it shows out of control spending by yes, the Bush administration, but also by the obama administration. This has been the second hike in the last 6 months from the barry administration.
I'm sure it is very acceptable to you.

Congress approved a record $1.9 trillion debt ceiling increase Thursday together with Democratic-backed legislation to reinstate “pay-go” rules credited with helping to rein in deficits in the 1990s.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/32537.html

Last edited:
Yes it was all in all a very good bill. For the insurance companies.

Seems kind of stupid to screw the insurance companies over and drive them out of business. Unless, of course, you want the people to not have insurance, or unless you want the government to take over the industry so that you have all the power.

the republican plan wants to force the states to lose their right to regulate business within their state.
ie massive Insurance company deregulation.

The GOP has no plan save asking the insurance companies to fix the problem. They don't have a clue.

As far as the states being to regulate insurance companies within their borders , yes.

Why don't you talk about which regulations your talking about? Regulations are not always a good thing....and I think you know that.

but that is up to the states not the feds to decide.
Are you for a smaller federal govt or a larger one?
Are you for states rights?

Lobby your state lawmakers to change their laws.

Regulations come from government....state or federal, and I still say that regulations are not always a good thing. What regulations are you talking about?

Something tells me that you couldn't explain any difference (if there are any) between the paygo rules that were scrapped when Bush came into office and what the Dems have reinstated.

Did you have a point in there somewhere? Something tells me you couldn't explain any difference between having something relevant to post and posting inane besides the point nonsense, if you are actually interested in the difference go read the BEA/1990 and HJR 45 (you know the one that also increased the debt limit to $14.2 TRILLION) and compare the two. :rolleyes:

My point was that you're talking out of your hat and don't have a clue what you're talking about.
And you do? Please enlighten us oh great keeper of all wisdom..... I just love listening to government worshipers attempt to justify congressional shenanigans like "Pay-go" .....

Case in point. The raising of the debt ceiling was done before the congress re-instituted the pay go rules.

Go read HRJ 45 it's that way ---> http://www.rules.house.gov/111/RuleRpt/111_hjres45_rpt.pdf

"The resolution provides for the consideration of the Senate Amendment to H.J. Res 45, increasing the statutory limit on public debt and the "Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010""

Why don't you talk about which regulations your talking about? Regulations are not always a good thing....and I think you know that.

Regulations come from government....state or federal, and I still say that regulations are not always a good thing. What regulations are you talking about?

Regulations are generally to keep busiiness from takiing advantage of the citizens.
And the regulations on insurance are many and varied.
Most states require that the ins company actually has a liscenced presence in the state to be able to do business there.

Regulations are generally to keep busiiness from takiing advantage of the citizens.
Most states require that the ins company actually has a liscenced presence in the state to be able to do business there.

Is that the regulation your hanging your hat on?

Nope, I just think it is the states right to regulate business within their borders.

Nope, I just think it is the states right to regulate business within their borders.
Maybe a I should be asking what the feds want to deregulate with the insurance companies, besides opening the state borders?

Maybe a I should be asking what the feds want to deregulate with the insurance companies, besides opening the state borders?

There ya go. The insurance commpanies are already exempt from momopoly/anti-trust regulations.

I understand that, but would you be in favor of a government monopoly of healthcare insurance?

There ya go. The insurance commpanies are already exempt from momopoly/anti-trust regulations.

I understand that, but would you be in favor of a government monopoly of healthcare insurance?

If it was done properly, yes.

Health care is not like other for profit businesses.

Let the market decide works for most things, but healthcare is a bit different.

by the craps ????
smileyrotflmao.gif

Why is healthcare different?
Why is "food manufacturing" not different?
Clothing manufacturing?
How about the newest one out there.....Identity theft protection...why is that not different?
What makes healthcare so special?
Without food, you will die.
Without clothes, you can not get a job.
Why is healthcare so different?

by the craps ????
smileyrotflmao.gif

both sides blew health care reform. Too many on both sides have sold out to big money in insurance and health care industries.
The right only wanted to sabatage the reform effort, not to actually do any reform of their own. They had total control for years and did nothing on it.

by the craps ????
smileyrotflmao.gif

both sides blew health care reform. Too many on both sides have sold out to big money in insurance and health care industries.
The right only wanted to sabatage the reform effort, not to actually do any reform of their own. They had total control for years and did nothing on it.

healthcare is now shoved on the back burner. craps are more concerned now with getting re elected and saving their phoney baloney jobs. screw healthcare

by the craps ????
smileyrotflmao.gif

healthcare is now shoved on the back burner. craps are more concerned now with getting re elected and saving their phoney baloney jobs. screw healthcare

and that is different in what way from the rebutlickens?

Forum List

Back