Are The Republicans actually going to do anything?

I hope there is a true conservative movement from the republicans. Get back to the fundamental belief that we are spending too much, from both parties, and start to reduce the size of the federal government.
Several conservatives met in Mt. Vernon and created a Mt. Vernon Statement. I do hope that politicians take notes on the substance of the statement.
The Mount Vernon Statement

And endless debate with no action has put us where we are now.

I would like to see some positive campaigning if that is possible.
And some positive actions to campaign on.

This well they are worse than we are crap is gettin old.

I wanna see some action!

What do you expect them to do when they have no control over what happens?

I hope there is a true conservative movement from the republicans. Get back to the fundamental belief that we are spending too much, from both parties, and start to reduce the size of the federal government.
Several conservatives met in Mt. Vernon and created a Mt. Vernon Statement. I do hope that politicians take notes on the substance of the statement.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The last time the GOP have full control, they behaved as if they were defective democrats. Conservatives can't govern!!! It's against the nature of the beast.

what exactly do you think they should do? they have presented ideas, obama admits he has read them but doesn't like them, obama has said he doesn't care to hear from the party that got us into this mess.....yet here you are wondering what they will do when the libs lock them out of hearings on the h/c bill....

Umm they could actually submit some bills. After all that is what they are supposed to do.
I listened to rhetoriuc fo years about SS reform and nuthin from the right , just hot air. Did they ever submit a SS reform bill?

Yes. There are tons of bills submitted that the current Congress is completely ignoring.

For example, were you aware that the Republicans submitted their own Healthcare bill? Of course not, you think they've done nothing.

I wouldn't hold my breath. The last time the GOP have full control, they behaved as if they were defective democrats. Conservatives can't govern!!! It's against the nature of the beast.

Please enlighten me...

When was the last time you experienced conservatives governing?

To get elected in the congressional takeover they are predicting.
Or are they just going to count on making the other side look bad? LIke Bush did to get the dems in?

It's already been said: They don't need to do anything. When you claim you're for more transparency in government and you lock-out the minority party and a majority of your constituents, there's not much the other major party has to do to get elected.

what exactly do you think they should do? they have presented ideas, obama admits he has read them but doesn't like them, obama has said he doesn't care to hear from the party that got us into this mess.....yet here you are wondering what they will do when the libs lock them out of hearings on the h/c bill....

Umm they could actually submit some bills. After all that is what they are supposed to do.
I listened to rhetoriuc fo years about SS reform and nuthin from the right , just hot air. Did they ever submit a SS reform bill?

Democrats have had control in congress for....well...going on its fourth year.....the most recent one with no need for debate.,
Where is THIER SS reform?

Yes. There are tons of bills submitted that the current Congress is completely ignoring.

For example, were you aware that the Republicans submitted their own Healthcare bill? Of course not, you think they've done nothing.

Yes it was all in all a very good bill. For the insurance companies.

Seems kind of stupid to screw the insurance companies over and drive them out of business. Unless, of course, you want the people to not have insurance, or unless you want the government to take over the industry so that you have all the power.

Seems kind of stupid to screw the insurance companies over and drive them out of business. Unless, of course, you want the people to not have insurance, or unless you want the government to take over the industry so that you have all the power.

the republican plan wants to force the states to lose their right to regulate business within their state.
ie massive Insurance company deregulation.

The Republicans have a real opportunity to regain some power in both the House and the Senate because the American public is sick and tired of what has been going on in Washington here of late. However, I feel they lack real unity and they have no real platform that they can stand up and say "This is what we support and this is what we stand for." They appear to be full of the same stuff the Democrats are full of right now and that is pure bullshit. If the Republicans are going to regain power, and it's there for them to take, they seriously need to come up with a true political leader and so far I don't see anyone with that qualification. At best, they have some people in their ranks who can draw a crowd but can't close the deal. The Republicans need a closing salesman and one that we can believe. I think the time is right for a real Third Party to come onto the political scene. Both the Democratic party and the Republican party is on life support.

the republican plan wants to force the states to lose their right to regulate business within their state.

Are you talking about removing the borders of the state for the companies to cross over?

Are you talking about removing the borders of the state for the companies to cross over?

As far as the states being to regulate insurance companies within their borders , yes.

support paygo?

Real "pay go" rules with no exemptions? or the current "pay go" scam?

Personally I'd be happier if at least SOMEBODY in congress would support "PAY LESS, A LOT FRIGGIN' LESS"

Something tells me that you couldn't explain any difference (if there are any) between the paygo rules that were scrapped when Bush came into office and what the Dems have reinstated.

Did you have a point in there somewhere? Something tells me you couldn't explain any difference between having something relevant to post and posting inane besides the point nonsense, if you are actually interested in the difference go read the BEA/1990 and HJR 45 (you know the one that also increased the debt limit to $14.2 TRILLION) and compare the two. :rolleyes:

The Republicans have a real opportunity to regain some power in both the House and the Senate because the American public is sick and tired of what has been going on in Washington here of late. However, I feel they lack real unity and they have no real platform that they can stand up and say "This is what we support and this is what we stand for." They appear to be full of the same stuff the Democrats are full of right now and that is pure bullshit. If the Republicans are going to regain power, and it's there for them to take, they seriously need to come up with a true political leader and so far I don't see anyone with that qualification. At best, they have some people in their ranks who can draw a crowd but can't close the deal. The Republicans need a closing salesman and one that we can believe. I think the time is right for a real Third Party to come onto the political scene. Both the Democratic party and the Republican party is on life support.

The problem with a third party is that it's going to split one of the other two parties, giving one party a distinct advatage for elections. The republicans just need to get back to the grassroots of their party.

As far as the states being to regulate insurance companies within their borders , yes.

Why don't you talk about which regulations your talking about? Regulations are not always a good thing....and I think you know that.

Real "pay go" rules with no exemptions? or the current "pay go" scam?

Personally I'd be happier if at least SOMEBODY in congress would support "PAY LESS, A LOT FRIGGIN' LESS"

Something tells me that you couldn't explain any difference (if there are any) between the paygo rules that were scrapped when Bush came into office and what the Dems have reinstated.

Did you have a point in there somewhere? Something tells me you couldn't explain any difference between having something relevant to post and posting inane besides the point nonsense, if you are actually interested in the difference go read the BEA/1990 and HJR 45 (you know the one that also increased the debt limit to $14.2 TRILLION) and compare the two. :rolleyes:

My point was that you're talking out of your hat and don't have a clue what you're talking about. Case in point. The raising of the debt ceiling was done before the congress re-instituted the pay go rules.

Why don't you talk about which regulations your talking about? Regulations are not always a good thing....and I think you know that.

but that is up to the states not the feds to decide.
Are you for a smaller federal govt or a larger one?
Are you for states rights?

Lobby your state lawmakers to change their laws.

Forum List

Back