Are the ones for gun control wanting it for only American citizens?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
But not foreigners Americans sell guns to? America's the world's largest arms dealer. Is the gun control proposition only for US citizens owning them, but not other citizens making and selling them abroad?

But not foreigners Americans sell guns to? America's the world's largest arms dealer. Is the gun control proposition only for US citizens owning them, but not other citizens making and selling them abroad?

I would think that Russia or China are the biggest gun dealers - but I haven't seen the stats in years so anything is possible. The thing that rips my heart out is seeing ISIS parading up and down streets with American equipment left behind by cowardly Iraqis that don't know the meaning of the word "stand and fight".

Well, at least this administration has now "trained" some 40 fighters to take the cause to the enemy......Hell, at this rate, in 2095, we should have enough men on the ground to do something.......geeeezzzz....

I would think that Russia or China are the biggest gun dealers - but I haven't seen the stats in years so anything is possible. The thing that rips my heart out is seeing ISIS parading up and down streets with American equipment left behind by cowardly Iraqis that don't know the meaning of the word "stand and fight".

Well, at least this administration has now "trained" some 40 fighters to take the cause to the enemy......Hell, at this rate, in 2095, we should have enough men on the ground to do something.......geeeezzzz....

I have. Depending on year it's close but it's usually Us, Russia, then China. Russia's occasionally first then the US but it varies by year.

Think one of the better arguement for no gun control including no-gun zones is the line from the Hobbit "Two Towers" movie when the princess character says something about her sword of like, "Our women learned long ago than those without swords could still die to them."

It's all well and good to wish for a more peaceful society, but at some point reality will visit some of us, and it's nice to have the option then to match up.

As to military recruiters being armed, uh ya. That and ballistic resistant glass sounds like a sensible idea.

I have. Depending on year it's close but it's usually Us, Russia, then China. Russia's occasionally first then the US but it varies by year.

Think one of the better arguement for no gun control including no-gun zones is the line from the Hobbit "Two Towers" movie when the princess character says something about her sword of like, "Our women learned long ago than those without swords could still die to them."

It's all well and good to wish for a more peaceful society, but at some point reality will visit some of us, and it's nice to have the option then to match up.

As to military recruiters being armed, uh ya. That and ballistic resistant glass sounds like a sensible idea.

Let's see....I joined the Army directly out of High School in 1966. Headed out to Viet Nam, got my self wounded (RPG) in the thigh 8 months later and was taken to Frankfurt for treatment. Later I re-upped and changed MOS from 11B to 97B, went to WO school. Served in 11 embassies around the world and Bolling AFB until I retired in 1989 as a WO3. Point? For nearly 22 years I carried a pistol in either a shoulder rig or on my hip. I held a TS-SC3 Clearance until the day I retired.

The idea that these guys, who have been in combat, aren't capable of carrying side-arms is repulsive to me. Absolutely repulsive. Of course, these same people who are against carry - don't carry themselves - they have armed security details to protect their worthless asses.......

OP you have gun control on the brain. Why not just mind your own business and let others exercise their 2nd amendment rights if they choose to.

Let's see....I joined the Army directly out of High School in 1966. Headed out to Viet Nam, got my self wounded (RPG) in the thigh 8 months later and was taken to Frankfurt for treatment. Later I re-upped and changed MOS from 11B to 97B, went to WO school. Served in 11 embassies around the world and Bolling AFB until I retired in 1989 as a WO3. Point? For nearly 22 years I carried a pistol in either a shoulder rig or on my hip. I held a TS-SC3 Clearance until the day I retired.

The idea that these guys, who have been in combat, aren't capable of carrying side-arms is repulsive to me. Absolutely repulsive. Of course, these same people who are against carry - don't carry themselves - they have armed security details to protect their worthless asses.......

Thank you for your long and faithful service to our country. :eusa_clap:

Presumedly it's some law going way back. So as with every other law, repeal it. Or could go the other way and make recruitment stations government property like a base where they can be armed without infringing whatever law disarmed them when on civilian property.

Technically, the second amendment extends to all people under the control of the United States so that would include illegals who have entered this country. I don't see any exceptions carved out in it between citizens and non citizens. I also know that a lot of foreigners from Mexico travel here to get guns and they are not the bandito types either. Most are average Mexican citizens who may actually just want to defend themselves. I honestly think we should allow foreigners to purchase firearms i. This country. I kind of think it would be a benefit to our firearm industries and could become our greatest export. Who says we cant balance the trade deficit.

Presumedly it's some law going way back. So as with every other law, repeal it. Or could go the other way and make recruitment stations government property like a base where they can be armed without infringing whatever law disarmed them when on civilian property.

Not really. As I understand it, it was either George H W Bush or Bill Clinton who decided that the Military (apparently) couldn't be trusted with weapons on military installations (although they were allowed to store them in unit arms rooms or in Post/Base Housing). I "believe" the law came into being around 1991-2 (but I'm not exactly sure).

Look, I get it, I really do. There is concern about some E-3 getting drunk on a Friday night and shooting up someplace. I get that. However, in the course of the duty day, there is absolutely no reason on this earth why the NCOIC or the OIC (or both) cannot be armed. None whatsoever. and it's repulsive that we apparently have no more trust in these men and women than we do.....repulsive.

Not really. As I understand it, it was either George H W Bush or Bill Clinton who decided that the Military (apparently) couldn't be trusted with weapons on military installations (although they were allowed to store them in unit arms rooms or in Post/Base Housing). I "believe" the law came into being around 1991-2 (but I'm not exactly sure).

Look, I get it, I really do. There is concern about some E-3 getting drunk on a Friday night and shooting up someplace. I get that. However, in the course of the duty day, there is absolutely no reason on this earth why the NCOIC or the OIC (or both) cannot be armed. None whatsoever. and it's repulsive that we apparently have no more trust in these men and women than we do.....repulsive.

Googling for info it gets into Posse Comitatus and a lot of tinfoil hate stuff. Happier not reading such things. :) Would say simply, linking military personnel to being law enforcers simply by virtue of being armed seems flawed.

Forum List

Back